Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 3)

bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
LOL haha kya baat hai teenindia_usa Wink sahi hai lekin Wink and thanx 4 the welcome Embarrassed okay well i found this Big smile :
For a man who virtually came in from the cold, music director-cum-singer Himesh Reshammiya's career in 2005-06 is a rocking roster of chartbusters.

"I don't know how it happened," he says modestly. "But the journey has been quite exciting, especially in the last one year when the big banners suddenly woke up to me."

Himesh used to be one of the also-rans, waiting at the fringes of the charts where Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit and later Shankar-Ehsan-Loy ruled the roost. Tere Naam in 2004 was a turning point in his career.

"I owe that score and a lot of the other things that I compose to Laxmikant-Pyarelal. They are my idols and role models. Unfortunately that's not the sound that today's average listener wants to hear. I realised that when Just chill and Aashiq banaya aapne hit the charts," says Himesh.

Aashiq banaya, with Himesh handling the nasal sufi vocals himself, is the biggest single of 2005. And now he has won two popular awards for playback singing.

"My songs have to be targeted at that 23-year-old dude. That's the only way a film score can work," says Himesh Reshammiya.
"It really became big... yes, bigger than I had ever thought. It is being played in every pub and party. I'm flattered and pleased. The good innings that started with Aitraaz last year really grew this year.
"But I realise the profile of music listeners has changed considerably. Today the average listener is aged 23, and he downloads music from his computer. My songs have to be targeted at that 23-year-old dude. That's the only way a film score can work."

Hence the Sufi rock sounds of Aashiq banaya aapne... One hears the same sound from Himesh at year-end in Ananth Mahadevan's Aksar.

"Yes, I realise that. But that's it. I'm not going to pursue that sound beyond this year. I like to create a sound, and then leave it behind. This year you'll hear a totally different sound from me in Abbas-Mustan's China Town, Satish Kaushik's Shaadi Se Pehle, Priyadarshan's Phir Hera Pheri, Anil Sharma'a Apne and Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir."

Top five songs of Himesh:

Aashiq banaya apne (Title song)
Just chill (Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya)
Aadat ho chuki (Koi Aap Sa)
Aapka suroor (Title song)
Tera jism odh loon (Kyon Ki...)

Dharmesh is a significant Himesh convert. So far the Darshan brothers Suneel and Dharmesh have sworn by the sounds of Nadeem-Shravam. Nadeem had done such chartbusters as Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan for them. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to Himesh.
Himesh shrugs off the melodist's mantle. "I'm not here to displace anyone. I'd be happy just doing my work...My time has been divided between composing for around six or seven assignments and serving as a judge on the music contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa."

He is extremely pleased with the quality of singing he has heard on the "Hero Hondo Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005".

"One of the contestants, Vinit Singh, has already sung for me in Rocky. I definitely plan to use other voices, like Himani Kapoor who's outstanding. We're a nation of singers. All Indians don't watch films. But do you know anyone who doesn't listen to Lataji, Ashaji, Mohammed Rafi saab and Kishore Kumar?"
Embarrassed
so umm yea iono wat else to post Confused
but i'll keep coming back to
see wat u guys have found Wink
love,
himani

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Both Shaan and Himesh Reshammiya are today considered to be in the A-league of people belonging to the music world. While Shaan has made his way to be amongst the Top 5 singers over last 5 years, Himesh Reshammiya has suddenly rocketed to the one of the most sought composer (and now singer) in last 1 year, though he has been around for almost a decade since he composed 'Odh Li Chunariya' [Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya]. And now there seems to be an alleged fight between the two.

While the soft spoken Shaan denies that any fight actually happened, he doesn't minces words when he talks about the current state of music today. Also he is a little skeptical about the market today as he says he doesn't know what it wants today. An example he states is about the popularity of songs of 'Aksar', especially 'Jhalak Dikhlaja', which have been sung at his 'nasal best' by Reshammiya.

Incidentally the two released their private albums just recently around the same time. While Shaan's 'Tishnagi' suffers from bad promotion and hence is a slow seller in the market (inspite of some decent numbers in the album), Reshammiya's 'Aap Ka Surroor' has been aggressively promoted for last one month and is selling like hot cakes today!

It also proves that HR knows how to tap into the youth which is very important so salute U.

Edited by teenindia_usa - 14 March 2006 at 9:45pm
Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 4:10am | IP Logged

Bollywood stars are known for their fixation with good luck charms. The latest to join the club is the music director of the moment, Himesh Reshammiya. Post Aashiq Banaya Aapne, the director has been seen only in one ensemble, i.e. denim clothing with a cap. When asked, the musician confessed that his cap was his good luck charm. He had the same look in the video of Aashiq Banaya Aapne and the song proved to be one of the biggest hits of the year. So now, we won't be seeing Mr. Himesh sans his cap. With crores of rupees riding on the music of a movie, we don't blame him!

Incidentally, post his recent success, he has also been offered a deal to endorse a certain product. Though talks are on, it is too early for him to reveal anything. And like always, we will let you know, as soon as we do!

After having the nation under his spell with his mesmerizing rendition of the tracks of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Himesh Reshammiya will be taking to the mike once again! He is all set to sing a number for the Abbas-Mustan directed 36 China Town, produced by Subhash Ghai. The total cost of this song is pegged at a whopping Rs.3 crores. Titled Aa Aa Aashiqui Mein Teri, Ja Ja Jayegi Jaan Meri, it is a hip-hop number with a poignant melody. Himesh decided to sing the song, as he didn't have anyone particular in mind. Also after having worked with Abbas-Mustan in Humraaz, Taarzan and Aitraaz, he shares a great rapport with the duo. Although, the director agrees that he can sing well, his concentration is on creating music. But one thing is certain, that Himesh will be a tough contender for all the Best Singer Awards. And now let's hope that he manages to recreate the magic of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, with this number!

Edited by Sarkar - 15 March 2006 at 4:11am
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Why Himesh didn't attend the Filmfare Awards

By Subhash K Jha | Wednesday, 15 March , 2006, 13:30

Himesh Reshammiya, the first music director to win the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer tells Subhash K Jha why he couldn't attend:
You've made history!
Yes, it's quite something. Unfortunately I couldn't attend because I had a prior commitment out of Mumbai. Also to be honest, at an earlier popular awards I was neither nominated for my music nor singing in Aashiq Banaya Aapne. I felt baffled. Aisa kyon kiya unhone? Filmfare revived my hopes. And I was all set to catch a flight back to Mumbai. But got delayed and reached at 11.30 p.m. My dad did go to the awards. But twenty minutes late.

For the first time a music director won the best playback singer award.
It doesn't mean that I see myself as a threat to the playback singers who were nominated alongside me. I do feel sorry that I didn't win the best music director's award. The award for the best playback singer is special because it's the first song that I recorded for a film. I don't think anyone else got an award for his first recorded song.

People ridiculed you for being nasal.
That's over. After the stupendous sales of Aap Ka Suroor where I've explored my entire range, that has stopped. Now those who still call me nasal are just talking for talking's sake. I've sung seven super-hit songs, the latest being Jhoom in Tom Dick & Harry which I predict, will be the biggest chartbuster of them all. I insist, I am not a professional playback singer. I'm a music director first. If I sing one out of my six compositions, what's the problem?

Would you sing for other composers?
Only if A.R Rahman asks me. No one else. He's the No. 1. And he did say in an interview that Aashiq banaya aapne is his favourite track of the year.
Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:12am | IP Logged

The first thing that strikes you about Himesh Reshammiya's debut album (Aap Ka Surroor; T-Series; 2-CD pack; Rs 135) is the title, with the respectful Aap..., but nowhere in the title song is Aap used; it's Tera surroor throughout. Poets, we are told, know no grammar, but this seems to be quite a Line of No-control! Maybe, it has something to do with Himesh's Freudian penchant for tera, because it's the catchword not only in Tera, tera...surroor, but also in the next chartbuster, Naam hai tera, tera...tera, tera, tera.

But the album, with lyrics by Sameer, has 'hit' written all over it and is already blazing up the charts. Not the least because of Prashant Chadha's videos, like, he's got the next hot thing to take her first step towards Bollywood by wafting through the video of Naam hai tera: Deepika Padukone!

You have heard of Mukesh being the Voice of Raj Kapoor and Udit Narayan the Voice of Aamir Khan and Abhijeet the Voice of Shah Rukh, and so on. But now Himesh has set the trend of being the Face & Body of Whoever (that, being Emraan Hashmi). Get the cap and stubble and denim jacket scene? Then the Pakistani singers/Kunal Ganjawala's distinct nasal tone, which extends from Hashmi's earlier films to Himesh's Aksar and Aashiq Banaya Aapne songs (music and voice, himself) and this album.

Strange, because Himesh took off from the springboard of buddy Salman Khan's films and established himself with the repeated strains of odhni, chunar, chunariya; oh, yeah, Reshammiya's chunariya kind of sounds ! Now he has shifted gears into disco numbers with a nasal love message that would make any Punjabi pop — not papaji — singer, this side of Mika, proud!

The album pack is of 2 CDs with one of them having nine remixes and seven unplugged versions — value for money. But therein also lies the problem. Why stuff one album with as many as 11 (plus 16) numbers, when you've got a handsome clutch of winners with half of them? A pointer is Mere lamhon ki aarzoo which is a good 'heavy' lyric, but gets completely submerged in this 'club' album. And the second half of the CD has primarily Punjabi pop numbers which could have made a separate album of another particular mood.

The surroor takes over with the first (title) number and builds up into a nice high with the second, Naam hai tera, being an outstanding number. But it gets monotonous and watered down by the time the third comes on and definitely by the time you reach the 10th, Wada tainu (there you are, Punjabi!) which is a tabla-dholak number, and winds up, literally, with Nachle it's folkish (don't ask us what that means), but it's full of — not balle balle, but aaho aaho aaho!

Like you have, I love you Sayyoni, koi shaque? as the fourth number, and the seventh, Aashiqana hai dil, starts off with a Bhangra touch but veers off into a quasi-Sufi style. But the next, Chhed de pyaar di baat, begins with a Ladies and gentlemen intro, moves into Punjabi groove — Angrez de puttar kind of thing, oye yaaar! — and even incorporates a ladies' sangeet (no, Babul and bidaai) clip!

The remixes are done by DJ Akbar Sami, Nikhil Chinappa and DJ Aqueel. And hats off to Himesh for his excellent up-and-down voice modulation. But then he is a music director, after all. But having proved a point as a singer, he should unplug his nose and let loose his throat.

A word, and some, about the inlay: attractive, and very SMS- and ringtone-friendly with the cover even carrying the bottomline prominently, asking certain cellphone subscribers to call up for 'hello tunes at...' Hello, hello!

Edited by Sarkar - 16 March 2006 at 12:17am
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:43am | IP Logged

Guys whats your fave HR song?

Mine are:

1. Naam hai tera
  2. Mohabbat ki guzaris ho rahe hai - Aksar
  3. I Love you o sayyoni
  4. Tera Suroor
  5. Aashiq Banaya Aapne
  6. Jhalak
  7. Zara Jhoom

Post urs here!

Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:05am | IP Logged
1) O janiya ve. samjho na kuch to samjho na
2) aap ki kashish
3) jhalak dikhlaja
4) janabe janiya
5) o huzoor

There are so many songs composed by him that i like........ Smile
but what ever he has sung i have listed above.
~zac~ Groupbie
~zac~
~zac~

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Mine are:
-Jhalak Dikhlaja
-Loot Jayenge
-Mohabbat ki guzarish
-Sohniye
-Aashiq Banaya aapne
-Aapki kashish
-Tera suroor