Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 233)

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Off the record

Nepotism, sexual favours, romance, arm-twisting. That's the latest from the piracyplagued Bollywood music industry, reports Meena Iyer

The biggest enemy of the Hindi music industry is not falling revenues, piracy or the transgressions of the internet. It is the industry itself. It is a world fragmented by fighting camps and is replete with salacious tales of favouritism. It is said that Annu Malik prefers to have Shreya Ghoshal dub all his female tracks. Though Annu says, "I have never played favourites. For me Sunidhi Chauhan, Alisha Chinai, Alka Yagnik and Shreya Ghoshal are all the same," recording rooms are groaning that the young Bengali singing sensation is the chosen one.
   Falling in this groove is Aadesh Shrivastava who is keen to revive wife Vijayeta Pandit's singing career. Even a top hero wants his sister to sing in every one of his films. On the one hand, the favours of love and transitory infatuation are interfering with the growth of singers who are a patron short. On the other hand, the music industry has been hit hard by ego battles. Annu Mallik and Himesh Reshammiya, for instance, are in the middle of such a battle. Since Himesh won accolades for the title track of T-Series' Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, it is said that Annu has sworn never to work with him again.
   While one sees Annu's action as the natural reaction of a disgruntled music director, others see a big fight in the offing. Himesh says, "I asked for a NOC (no-objection certificate) from Annuji before composing that one track. And only when T-Series showed me the NOC did I agree to record."
But then what does Himesh have to say about the endless accusations of dubbing the best tracks originally recorded by singers like Sonu Niigaam, Kakkay and Shaan? "Never, never," he says.
"Sonu Niigaam is the most talented playback singer in Bollywood. I would never dream of dubbing his song."
Himesh also adds, "I'm not power-drunk just because my songs are a hit right now. Everyone knows how fickle the film business is. I'm on top this Friday, next week it could be another guy. God, it is blasphemous to even suggest that I will play dirty with anyone." The fact though is that the Hindi music scene has always been a hotbed of controversy. Time was when the Mangeshkar sisters called the shots. Lata Mangeshkar refused to record for the biggest showman Raj Kapoor for almost a decade because his music directors Shankar-Jaikishen introduced the Sharda in a film.
Lata reportedly threatened not to tie a rakhi to Yash Chopra if he didn't have her singing in every film of his.
While O P Nayyar favoured Asha Bhonsle, Vani Jayaram (of the 'Bole re papihara' fame) never made it to the heights that she should have because she refused to give in to the advances of a world-renowned music director.
"The casting couch is as prevalent in the music industry as it is in the film business," says trade analyst Amod Mehra.
"There are scores of girls from Indian Idol and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa who never become playback singers because they turn down the advances of music directors," he adds.
When one begins to learn of the amorous strayings in the music world, one would want to listen to its deceptive songs about true love with canned laughter. TNN
Sorurce : times of india news paper ( mumbai)

bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Himesh Reshammiya – A good singer, a better composer!

The 'let's rock' mentor of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005, Himesh Reshammiya is the talk of the town these days. His songs are being played in about every pub and disco. People are mumbling his melodious compositions throughout India and even abroad. He is giving his audience hit songs one after another and his popularity just keeps rising with smashing tracks like Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Aap Ki Kashish, Jhalak Dikhlaja and now, Zara Jhoom Jhoom from Tom Dick and Harry. Undoubtedly, he is a great composer. His compositions target the youngsters of today and have become popular among them. In fact, I can hear his song Mohabbat Ki from Aksar from my brother's room as I am writing this. His music is everywhere these days. But there is an issue that I have been thinking about. Is Himesh Reshammiya a better composer or a better singer? Is he even a good singer or too nasally to be a singer? Well, let's see, I think there is a good and a bad side to everyone/everything and I can say the same for Himesh Reshammiya.

The Good Side

Reshammiya struggled a lot in life to rise to the position he is at today. He started his career about 10 years ago with Andaz. Success didn't come easy to him, but it did. As I heard him say, he owes a lot of his career or popularity to Salman Khan, who promised Reshammiya a break and who lived up to his promise. I appreciate and admire Himesh for being so ardent and persistent in what he was doing. He didn't lose hope but continued to compose music in hopes that one day, he will be noticed. I love that trait. Also, he has proved himself as an amazing composer. Not just the latest hits, but if we go back and take a look at his past compositions, they were some of the best. There was Odh Li Chunariya from Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Kya Dil Ne Kaha and Humraaz. But, I think the film that he started getting noticed from was Tere Naam. And From there on, there was no stopping Reshammiya. I really like his music. It's very different and original. Each and every composition of his has its own charm. His music, besides being just good, is also hit. I read an article on him and it said that he tries to compose at least two tunes a day and has hundreds of tunes in his bank. He definitely works hard for delivering the best to his producers.
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
hi guys ash andbig mouth

appreciate allthe efforts since me here less

Angela
vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Hi every1.... Tongue

How r u all doin???? Embarrassed

Himesh bhaiya rockzzzzzzzz Clap
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:22am | IP Logged

Hey all!

thanks ash n himani sis for posting the articles!Smile

guys i am busy w/my exams right now n banner contest...

i will post when i can love u all Hug

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:46am | IP Logged
luv u too Jem bhabhi.... Embarrassed Embarrassed Hug
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:57am | IP Logged
hey all ok i know i don't do any advertising here usually LOL lekin aap sab se ek request - please vote for the music corner banner contest - i have made it a sticky. thank you all Hug
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:32am | IP Logged

hey all ............hiii jem di Hug

ok di will vote rite now Smile

Go to top