Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 211)

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 5:57am | IP Logged

hey ppl dis is our dear himeshji's signature.......

1 thig which surprised me da most tat we ( himeshji & me ) write " R"  da same way ..........

strang isn't it.........

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HR ki sayyonni

hey ppl dis is our dear himeshji's signature.......

1 thig which surprised me da most tat we ( himeshji & me ) write " R"  da same way ..........

strang isn't it.........

hey coolClap

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:03am | IP Logged

Ash its not strange sis it's cool!Wink

Thanks for posting the pic!Smile

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:06am | IP Logged

The sound of Himesh

My life has been moulded by music. I began my career as a producer of TV serials at the age of 16. But music direction has always been my passion and I started composing music for films. I have undertaken training in classical music from my dad Vipin Reshammiya.

A leading musician, he was the first person to introduce electronic instruments in India. I enjoyed singing too, I always have, but I felt that it was better to open one's cards slowly.

Himesh Reshammiya

"Of late, my singing has come under the spotlight. After I became a music director, I was to be launched as a singer with a big film but since I couldn't find a fresh voice for the Aashiq Banaya Aapne song (which I had composed), the director told me he wanted to retain the track with my voice.

The song became a huge hit and Bhushan Kumar of T-Series decided to make a music video of this song. It was directed by Prashant Chadha and the song achieved widespread popularity  "I would describe my voice as 'different'. In today's times, clichs are pass in filmmaking. Not just in the music department but also as far as stories, dialogue, cinematography and editing are concerned. Even autorickshawallas want to play music with different rhythms and melodies.

"A small section of people claim that I have a nasal sound. But it's not nasal; it is high-pitched. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan also sang at such a high pitch all along, but nobody commented on it. Why single me out? My high-pitched 'Jhalak dikhla ja' and 'Aashiq banaya aapne' have proved to be huge hits. 'Jhoom Jhoom' in the middle octave too has been successful.

And in the low octave, 'Kitna pyar' from Benaras has been appreciated as well "Unconventional voices are original, nobody can emulate them. They have an identity of their own.

The same holds true for unconventional poetry — whether it is penned by Gulzar Saab or Javed Saab. Sameer's lyrics for 'Aap ki kashish sarfarosh hain' presents romance in a new sound. Imagine using a word like sarfarosh (patriotic) in a romantic number.

"If you were to ask me to name my favourite singers, they are Lataji, Ashaji, Mukeshji, Kishoreda and Rafi Saab. They inspire me to sing, and make people sing. But I don't encourage singers to clone a voice.

Originality should be the hallmark of a singer. At the moment, I consider Sonu Nigam as the best singer of India because I feel that he has the versatility and the confidence to be unconventional.

Sonu, Shaan, Kunal and Kay Kay are doing very good work today. They are distinguished by their versatility. The same holds true for Sunidhi, Alisha, Shreya and Alkaji. I have made Alkaji sing very differently in 36 China Town.

She amazes me with her ability to reinvent herself each time one makes demands of her. Kishoreda and Rafi Saab, of course, have tried every possible genre of singing. One shouldn't try to imitate greats like Kishore Kumar. One should aspire for an unconventional tonal quality.

"If I ever sing for an outside music director, I would make an exception for A R Rahman. He was the first person to compliment me for the rendition of Aashiq Banaya Aapne.

"I am not a selfish singer. If you notice, I have not sung compositions that don't suit me. Whether it is Sonu Nigam ('Just chill') or Kunal Ganjawala ('Jism Odhloo') or Udit Narayan ('Kyunki itna pyar tumse karte hain') I make songs that suit the singer. I am a music director first and foremost (in the last six months I have had as many as 27 hits); it will always be Himesh Reshammiya the music director who chooses Himesh Reshammiya the singer.

The minute the first or the second note is composed by a music director, he knows which singer will suit that particular song.

"In today's scenario, no single singer can rule the roost. The market will always be dominated by as many as 20 singers because the paying public wants variety.

"Will I continue singing like a man-eater who has tasted blood? Well, I believe that God has been very kind to me and at the moment my creative juices are flowing freely. I can compose two to three songs a day, and have a stock of thousand songs with me. I have a long list of well-wishers to thank. Without their support and blessings I would have been zilch.

"I would like to use this platform to clarify that my shyness is often misconstrued for arrogance. I believe in the concept of Karma and work on every song, sincerely.

"After music direction and singing, will I diversify into writing lyrics one day? Never. No writing lyrics for me and no acting for me either. I don't have an aptitude for these two fields. I give my all to my music and singing because these are the two passions of my life."

http://web.mid-day.com/columns/dinesh_raheja/2006/april/1358 02.htm

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 23 April 2006 at 6:08am
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting the article ash!Smile we have heard him say this all before - wonder when others will listen Wink
badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:14am | IP Logged

wow, Ash - pretty cool stuff - very good article and also love his signature - looks very cool..thanks

the last part of his singnature looks like a pelican's beak. very unique.....just like him

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Hey sis welcome! Smile

you haven't added the siggy yet di CryTongue

Tumhari_Khushi IF-Sizzlerz
Tumhari_Khushi
Tumhari_Khushi

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:24am | IP Logged
arree waah!!! thanks for posting the pic Big smile Clap

And thanks for the article...you're right dii..I wonder when others will finally listen Wink

Go to top