Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 206)

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Celina7

hey ash i like ur new siggy...Smile 

hey badi how r u?

khusi made them, I was asked too to usei it, yet u know me and pareshTongue

Edited by teenindia_usa - 21 April 2006 at 5:05pm

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:45pm | IP Logged

Hey Ange, Ash and Celina - I am doing fine - How's everybody doing.Tongue

Ange good luck on your exams - we will try our best but its not going to be the sameTongue

I know you like Paresh more than HR ....ange but we also need your presence hereCry

I have not seen HR for months now (since Saregama) and I am missing him - no videos or cd's or vcd's so I am kind of forgetting how he even lookedOuch  ha... ha.. not really but I miss him

Ash and Celina - how about you?  I know Ange is toooooooooo occupied these days...LOLLOLLOL  she has Paresh so she does not miss him

Poor me... I miss my HRLOL

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:55pm | IP Logged

Where are my little sisters?Smile

It looks like I am all alone here.... I am feeling lonelyOuch

Where are you???????????Cry

Edited by badibanga - 21 April 2006 at 6:00pm
badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 7:49pm | IP Logged

O.k. its just me and me only tonight.....Cry

Wow, I just finished watching Saregama - boy!Tongue that was a treat to my sight - Winkso.....................good to see Himesh - how refreshing.....EmbarrassedHe certainly brings the spice and interest back to the show - it was simply dilightful to see him again - oh!!!! how much I 've missed not seeing him....Today was a treat for me.Embarrassed

I hope and pray and wish he will come back in Saregama 2006 - it will for sure bring the ratings up for the show too - nothing like his presence and this time he did very very very well.  Hats off - I mean caps off to Himesh..Clap  Clap  Clap

where is everybody? In bed I guess Cry- Please.... lets try to bring him back on the show - how can we do that? Any ideas?????

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
hi yes he was on tonight we were all at sa re ga ma pa section watching it together I posted topic there...

yeah was nice seeing him life was restored

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by teenindia_usa

Originally posted by Celina7

hey ash i like ur new siggy...Smile 

hey badi how r u?

khusi made them, I was asked too to usei it, yet u know me and pareshTongue

hey celina.........

yup khushi made them for us ( true HR fans)......& jemdi asked us to have 4 a week in rememberence of 200 pages mile stone we reached ..........

& a week later or so i'm changing it back to da 1 U made 4 me.....WinkWink

check out page 203 .....Smile

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:46am | IP Logged

Items usurped

Mallika Sherawat will strut her stuff with Abhishek Bachchan for Mani Ratnam's Guru, Shahrukh, Abhishek, Arjun Rampal, Sushmita Sen, Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta will all feature in a promo song for Subi Samuel's Alag, Kareena Kapoor will reprise Helen's moves in Farhan Akhtar's Don, and Urmila is all set to recreate Helen's mehbooba in Ramgopal Varma's Sholay. Plum cameo routines are all going to established stars, gradually relegating  erstwhile item girls (like Mumait Khan from Munnabhai MBBS, Rakhi Sawant in Malamaal Weekly and Negar Khan in Rudraksh) to the margins of B-grade cinema.

Choreographer Bosco of the Bosco-Caesar duo, who is working on Nikhil Advani's Salaam-e-Ishq fully agrees that the era of the unknown dancer, making a splash in a song, is almost over. He gives us two reasons for heroines grabbing item routines even if they have no part in the film. "First, there is instant appreciation the moment the song gets played on air or in discotheques." he says, "and secondly, a hit ensures them a song they can perform on live shows and enhances their chances of being on the stage show circuit."

Traditionally, when starlets and past-their-prime PYTs donned the greasepaint for that promo song, it was to catch the attention of producers. Isha Koppikar did it with her Khallas act in Company, Shillpa Shetty lingered in public memory largely due to her number in Shool, and Yana Gupta still draws from the equity she established with Babuji. Even actresses like Riya Sen and Nisha Kothari only decorated the promo for James and Darna Zaroori Hai because they knew that the banner would offer them meatier roles in subsequent films. With Upen Patel, the Kya khoob lagti ho remix video with Udita Goswami, led to his second lead in Abbas Mustan's 36 China Town. So now, when Udita Goswami does an item song (in Aaditya Datta's Dil Diya) it is because she knows that it's the same Emraan Hashmi-Himesh combo which will ensure maximum on-air promotion for her.

The music video route

Strict moral policing has resulted in a sharp drop of 'extreme measures' on local music channels too. Staple sluts like the bottom squeezer, Negar Khan, the thong-peeking, Shefali Zariwala and raunch queen, Rakhi Sawant are being replaced by ladies who believe in 'performances' rather than skin-show. This certainly holds true for Minnisha Lamba and Deepika Padukone - mainstream actresses and supermodels who have turned into Himesh Reshammiya's current video women.

Prashant Chadha, the man responsible for the videos that have made Reshammiya a phenomenon, says that sensibilities of music video makers have changed.

"Videos have had too much smut. Earlier, this was the perfect recipe to generate viewership, within a tight budget. Now, as music sales do well for certain performers, the focus in subsequent videos shifts from the item to the performer."

osoniare Senior Member
osoniare
osoniare

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Hi Angel,
thnx for the post ash

Go to top