Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 20)

Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by teenindia_usa

Originally posted by Sarkar

hummmmmmmm
so himesh ji is also "Cancerian" me too. Tongue
My kundali name also starts with letter "H" Wink
Except these two nothing else common Cry

Hi sarkar wow samebirth sign that isCool

Angela I thought He is also cancerian

but Aishwarya told he was born on 27th July and myself on 29th june ,so he is Leo and i am cancerian , so just one similarity now Cry

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ash_schwarzen

wow  di............say wat to dis .....

these qualities  wich r common between u & himesh ji .........is actually common between us ( U, himesh , me)

ok so let me go 1 by1

even i play da keyboard

my pura naam is --- Aishwarya .R

actually to tell u'll da turth i become damn emotional when i listen to his song .......when i saw tera suroor & sumjho na 4 da 1st time i tears .

i do agree wid u abt da " straight frm da heart" ........

& oh i for got to mention  abt our DOBs

himesh is in july & so is mine........his is  on 23rd( right di) & mine is on 3rd.........Wink

how cool is dis .......omg i can't belive dis my-self

hehe sis glad to know u play keyboard also - keep it up!Big smile

Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Himesh Reshammiya

A little bit old interview Embarrassed but has some good info about Himesh

He started as a television soap producer and he also composed the title songs for his serials. Do you still remember that 'Andaaz' serial's title song rendered by Kumar Sanu? Himesh Reshammiya is the man who made that song. In Bollywood, he made his debut with Salman's home production and now, with the popular music of "HUMRAAZ" and "KYA DIL NE KAHA", he has come into the limelight once again.

From television producer to music director, how did you manage to do everything?

I started as a television producer, that's true but it is also true that I was trained in Indian classical by my father all through my childhood. I wanted to make it big in films and was looking out for a break. It was Salman who promised to provide me with a launch pad and he kept his word by offering his brother's Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya. Fortunately, my debut song 'Odh li chunariya' was a smash hit. Today, the grace of Maa Sarawaswati I compose at least one song a day.

Your work in Humraaz is acclaimed by all. How do you feel about this?

My compositions in Humraaz have come from my own bank of tunes. I have at least 350 compositions in my bank which I have created over the years' hard work. The songs of Humraaz have the element of classical ragas as their base along with the use of Techno sound. The overall impact of these songs is very youthful and live. Right from the beginning, I had the instinct about Humraaz numbers and now, that has proved true.

Nowadays, it has become a trend to involve more then one music director in a film. What are your thoughts on that?

I can say that I was indirectly responsible in starting this trend. In Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, I was not the solo music director. I believe that producers have to make such adjustments due to various reasons. Having more than one music director is like a jigsaw puzzle as the songs of the movie sound like absolutely different from each other. This trend is not good either for the music directors or makers. Also, the listeners don't get due returns for whatever they spend on buying an album. I think this trend will not last long.

Do you believe that today's music has short life and it is not as sweet as the old music?

See, things have changed a lot over the period of time. Earlier, rendition was given maximum importance in any song while today, that part is played by the orchestration. The ratio of voice and orchestra was 70:30 then which is now reversed. Then that was the time when too much of homework was done before making a song. But there are more reasons to lesser life of today's songs. One of them is overly increased number of songs. Few years ago, we had three to four dozen films a year which has now increased to 300. This has stiffened the competition and before some song manages to win the listener's mind, another song comes and forces him to take its notice.

And what about melody?

It's true that the melody factor has also decreased a bit but a music director has to grab the attention within no time. And the target audience now is the youth. They love heavy orchestra and fast beat. This, however, doesn't mean that the youth has no sense of raga and good music. Most music directors use ragas extensively. In the title song of Humraaz, for example, I have used raga Ahir Bhairav. The thing is that how you pack a song and deliver it to the audience. I feel that music is just music and you have to present it in a nice way, whatever your style and way are.

We also see that songs are generally not placed imaginatively in films today. Does this affect their appealing?

Being at the technical end of the film I feel good if my music's appeal increases with its good placing in a film. But that is not a big concern to me. I believe if a song is good, it will be appreciated even if it is not placed properly in the film. And in case of film music, sometime songs become popular before the release of a film and help it to attract the audience, or sometime a good film helps its songs to gain ground.

How important is it to have a good maker while working as a music director?

Good tuning between a maker and music director results into the creation of hummable music. A good maker also presents songs well and enhances their appeal. And if he has that extra sense of music, he easily extracts great compositions from his music director. Today, some makers come with situations and demand appropriate numbers while others just come and check music director's bank to pick up a few suitable tunes for his film. Everyone has his own style and the music is created out of that.

What about lyrics writers?

I have worked with Sameer, Sudhakar Sharma and Sanjay Chhel. I personally like Anand Bakshi.

It is a trend now for music directors turning singers.How Do you feel about this ?

(Smiles) Actually, I am a trained singer with lots of studies done in classical. Yes, I wish I sing some day but as of now, I am concentrating on music. By the way, my album with Tips is under conceptualization and you can certainly wait for it to see light of the day.

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:26am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Sarkar]hummmmmmmm

well at least U have some similariuty  i just like his music thats all.Big smile

Jem has many they are a perfect matchSmile

Edited by teenindia_usa - 23 March 2006 at 7:32am
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:35am | IP Logged

Thanks sooooooooo much for the interview Manisha!!!!

Thanks Angie - the similarities are a lot....let's just hope he's reading this threadEmbarrassed

Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:37am | IP Logged

jem ke to kya kehne Wink

woh kehte hai na "paancho ungliyan ghee mein aur sar kadhai mein" LOL

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:04am | IP Logged
HIMESH ROCKZZZZ...... HE'S THE BEST.......... Wink
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:24am | IP Logged

hummmmmmmm

Angela I thought He is also cancerian

but Aishwarya told he was born on 27th July and myself on 29th june ,so he is Leo and i am cancerian , so just one similarity now Cry

manisha .........himeshji's b'day is on 23rd july ....hey when did i say his b'day's on 27th...hmmmmmmmm......Confused

any way i my-self don't know(LOL) if he's a cancerian or a leo coz cancer ends on 23rd & leo starts on 23rd it-self ( strange)Confused......its like a cuspWink

Go to top