Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 196)

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 1:53am | IP Logged
this was a pm sawwetdish sent me wanting her sis to join

Love to have U there.

this music section rocks its a team effort to help one another.

and get people here.

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 21 April 2006 at 5:03am

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:19am | IP Logged
hey everybody..im still up cant go 2 sleep... Confused
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:20am | IP Logged
k i guess i'll leave since nobody answering back...bye c ya later...
juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Take care Celina, try to get some sleep...   
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:58am | IP Logged
sorrrycelina in and out and getting pms and on msan

give me u'rs
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:35am | IP Logged

hey ppl......plz read dis artical ....

i had ablast reading it y/day night @ 2:00 am ....i found it in a magazine called" INDIA TODAY" .......couldn't find dis artical on net .......so i've typed all of dis ....frm moring

actually ...y/day night i was wondering why no 1 has wirtten an artical on himeshji soo far ...& decided to go thru the magazine & as i turned to himeshji's page ( i was listenin to his song in random order) & tera surroor ( my fave) started playin suddenly ........woow it was awesome reading it @ nite 2:00 am & listen to tera surror......& an awesome pics of his

Rookie Rockstar

From a mildly successful composer to a wildly popular singer, 32-year-old Himesh Reshammiya has an appeal which ranges from mean streets to swish discos

he lives with his parents, frequents a suburban disco in mumbai only to stand at the far ens with his best bddy from school, and his idea of high spirits is usually a diet coke. yet himesh reshammiya, the man whose vocal chords have been amazingly transposed to somewhere in the region oh his nose, is a star. his brooding, denim-clad figure is a fixture on TV( and only when he's exchanging un-pleasantrieswith other judges on zee TV 's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa challenge 2005), while his songs are hummed and played by all- from autorickshaw drivers to hip DJs at high-end clubs.

his music sales are even more impressive. the composer and singer's soundtrack for a tiny movie. " aashiq banaya aapne", sold an estimated 12-15 lakh copies last year, while the eponymous song , No.1 on Planet M charts for 15 weeks, was behind only 'Kajra re' from ' bunty aur Babli' in terms of demand. Not just that , he followed it up with the non-film album Aap kaa surroor in january this year and another minuscule movie, Aksar, a month later. All this , even as his new single, Jhoom jhoom, from yet-to-be-released Tom, Dick and  Harry is riding the soundwaves.

so who is himesh reshammiya ? Well, how about a 30-year-old Gujarati, son of Laxmikant-pyarelal'ssynthesizer, Vipin? Who started work when he was 15, producing TV serials for Doordarshan Kendra, Ahmedabad?Who enrolled in Mithibai college but did not attend a single class, using his time far more fruitfully, to produce, with his father and another partner, TV serials such as Andaaz, Amar Prem, Jaan and Anupama. Who, by 18 had decided to make a movie-signing on Salman Khan- which didn't materialise?

the story goes that Salman promised to give reshammiiya a break one day. He did, with the title track of Salman's big hit in 1997, Pyar kiya to darna kya. the duo have had several huge successes since then -tere naam being one of da biggest. Probably this is the reason reshammiya never for gets to thank God, his father & Salman ( in that order( whenever he goes on stag to collect awards.

Of later, ther have been a stream of them tables in fifth floor sea-facing suburban home are runnig out of space for his mementos.A huge projection TV, tonnes form a special corner, as does a leather sofa where reshammiya says he composes a lot of his music. inspiration can strike any time ( read often), so much so that reshammiya says he composes a song a day( actually 3), which is why he hasa stock of 1,00- odd compositons. Best friend Prashant Chadha, who has know him since they were in school and is also his partner and director of all his videos, says they usually think of a tune in the car at one in da moring and instantly call up reshammiya's father. " his sense of sur is very strong so we call to ask him if he likes it. he's very involved & sits in on all recordings." says Chadha

Reshammiya works 18 hours a day, doesn't drink or smoke, and is a vegetarian. what's moe, he hasn't changed much " he's still extremely vain and painfully shy.". says his buddy, chadha who now wants his star to lose up to 8 kg before he starts shooting the next round of videos for Aap kaa surroor, which says Bhushan Kumar of T-series, " is likely to be the top-selling album of the decade". his image-something reshammiya is maniacal about protecting-was built by  group of three people when T-series decided they wanted to shoot a promotional video with him for Aashiq banaya aapne. it involvs Reshammiya, Chadha and the latter's sister Roopa, who styles him and his photo -shoots.

It is clear to them that reshammiya is a star composer, but probably an even bigger star singer. Already a successful composer for several years with a string of hits like tere naam, Humraaz, and Aitraaz, he did not think that his singing career would ever take off, it was only when 24-year-old Aaditya Dutt, the director of Aashiq banaya aapne, couldn't find a fresh voice that he asked his composer, reshammiya , to record the song so that he could complete his shoot. " i had put the song on repeat mode on a CD while i was driving to the shoot . By the time i reached, i was convinced that reshammiya's voice was the one i wanted to use. " So even though reshammiya had committed to someone else that he would first sing for them, Aashiq banaya aapne and Aap ki kashish, both from the emraan hashmi- starrer Aashiq banaya aapne, became his debut vehicles

Dutt recounts that the songs caught on like wildfire." i had gone to a suburban disco and i took the CD to the DJ, requesting him to play it.he scoffed at me and refused. two weeks later, the DJ came up to me and apologised. Everyone was requesting that song"

That's when T-series decided to shoot a video and Reshammiya roped in the Chadhas for it. In came a beard, followed by clothes with retrosexual look- Versace belts, Cavalli T-shirts, Guess accessories, Armain and Esprit jeans, a range of caps ( borrowed from Eminem's look) and studded boots. his presens as one of the youngest mentors on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 also worked in his favour, making him more visible on television. His Vikram Phadnis suits & the rumoured wig disappeared half way into the show & he new rockstar image became his trademark look. His " rock gharana" with the slogan," rock the world" was inspired by his looks. The transformation from himesh the composer to Himesh the rocker with attitude was subtle but obvious. the movie offers started pouring in for both the Himeshes- the singer & the composer.

But with the bouquets came the bricksbats: he was monotonous and had a nasal twang. Reshammiya, brash & young as he is , seems to work better ehrn provoked " they said I was too young to do classical rags , so I gave them Tere Naam.  then they said I could not appeal to the youth, so i gave them Mohabbaat hai mirchi, jus chill, Aashiq banaya aapne.Now, they say , I am getting repitative, but my songs are selling," he says.

So how does Reshammiya rationalise his success?" Divine intervention ," says the singer, who drives a Honda Accord, and visits the temple thrice a day ." I am flowing creatively, things are falling into place but it's only because of Saraswati mata's blessing.Talent alone is never enough." Not even when his fans are singing to him- aashiq banaya aapne??

teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 4:24am | IP Logged
ash thanks on artice,

news on sweetdisha is real sad

i
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 4:31am | IP Logged

hey angei...........Hug