Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 18)

NBA ALL-STAR Senior Member
NBA ALL-STAR
NBA ALL-STAR

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:09pm | IP Logged

HR'S INTERVIEW!

What ails Reshammiya? 

Himesh Reshammiya
What's vexing music composer Himesh Reshammiya? Viewers observed a sullen Reshammiya at the recent Zee awards when he was adjudged Best Singer. He opened his acceptance speech by saying, "Hope this proves a point. I will be even better next year. I am grateful to God, dad and Salman Khan."

Earlier, at the MTV awards where he reaped two prizes (Best Singer and Music) he began by saying, "Yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!" He has received the Filmfare award for Best Singer as well as the Stardust awards for Best Singer and New Talent. With a bagful of honours, why does he appear so upset — and what's he so bitter about?

I'm not arrogant

"Nothing, absolutely nothing," claims Reshammiya. "I am thankful and grateful to everyone for the response my songs have fetched.

Maybe, I am not good at humour; or maybe my straight-faced look makes people think it's attitude. But it's not that way at all. If that's what people felt after watching me on TV, let me clear it — Himesh is not bitter about anything. I am not arrogant. I am happy to be recognised as a hit singer and composer."

So what provoked him to say what he did at the Zee and MTV events? "That's because basically I am a music composer. Some people in the industry felt, 'can Himesh sing?' I am a trained singer; I have received classical training. All the tracks I have sung so far have been chartbusters.

So also is my album, Aap Ka Surroor. I just wanted to say that a composer can sing too — and be hugely successful. Moreover, there was this cyclone when we landed at Mauritius for the Zee awards — so it was just a bit uncomfortable and that maybe showed up on my face.

As I always say, I am grateful to the Almighty for giving me success, for dad for guiding me and for Salman for remembering and giving me that promised break as composer."

With regard to the MTV awards, he claims, "The event had a lot of fun and young elements, with a lot of wisecracks being made by everyone. I did my bit too. I said, 'Hello, yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!' If that was construed as arrogance, it was wrong. I guess I can't play to the gallery."

Rahman nawazi

Reshammiya says he is not carried away by success. "It is difficult to consistently give hits. I treat every film as my very first. The industry works from Friday to Friday. I have to better myself. Moreover, I am not promoting myself as a singer. It is Himesh Reshammiya the composer who decides whether Himesh Reshammiya the singer fits in."

Would he sing for another composer? "Only if it the composer is A R Rahman. I respect him a lot and he was the first to tell me what a great track Aashiq Banaya was," says Reshammiya.

Himesh's films future/new include…

Deepak Tijori's Tom Dick and Harry —he has sung the Jhoom Jhoom track
Abbas-Mustan's 36 China Town — rendered the title track
Satish Kaushik's Milenge Milenge
Feroz Nadiadwala's Phir Hera Pheri and Fool and Final (has sung one number in Phir Hera Pheri)
Anil Sharma's Apne
Pankaj Parasher's Benares
Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir

Edited by NBA ALL-STAR - 22 March 2006 at 6:14pm

NBA ALL-STAR
NBA ALL-STAR

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
One of the most consistent music composers of today, Himesh Reshammiya has successfully established his own distinct style of music and is continuously rocking the roster of music chartbusters in the tinsel town. 'Tere Naam', whose album sale has broken all records in the last seven years, was a turning point for him.

Reshammiya is currently setting the music charts on fire with his runaway hits for Bollywood flicks like 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', 'Aksar', 'Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya' and others. A person who is actually in love can easily find personal identification and romance in every song of his.

With 'Aksar', Reshammiya is hitting the marquee this season with spontaneity. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to him. With Reshammiya, one can safely expect a musical score high on melody and soul.
NBA ALL-STAR
NBA ALL-STAR

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
GO ON "A TREAT FOR HR LOVERS"
AND POST ARTICLES ABOUT HR, COMMENT ON HIM, AND WATCH A HR VIDEO!
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by teenindia_usa

Hi guys angela here guys remember introduce U'r self ok. Jem I was sayng in my into that if this gets lots of attention we should open a website as well.Later on though right now this is the rocking home of HR Clap

hey angela .........gr8 idea (abt da web site). but v must be the 1st ones to open a himesh reshammiya web site

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Himesh Reshammiya creates history!

By Nitin n Sethi, Bollywood Trade news Network

View Tom Dick & Harry On The Sets Picture GalleryHimesh Reshammiya seems to be the lucky mascot for all the producers. After the stupendous success of 'Jhoom Jhoom' in TOM DICK & HARRY, director Deepak Tijori and Producer Ranjan Prakash and Surendra Bhatia of Oracle Films have roped in Himesh to do the second promotional song for their film 'Tere Sang Ishq Hai Yaar Tere Sang Dil Lag Gaya Yaar'. This is for the first time that a film has more than one promotional track. The track unlike 'Jhoom Jhoom' will be picturised with a new concept. The song is sung by the maestro himself along with Tulsi Kumar.

Looks like this is one chartbuster song that is going to make everyone hop on to 'Tom Dick and Harry'. Experts reveal that by all accounts 'Tere Sang Ishq' is one track that is far more rhythmic and foot tapping than even 'Jhoom Jhoom'.

Tulsi Kumar is Reshammiya's female companion this time around and she can assure herself of yet another hit number after 'Janebe Janiya' [Aksar] and Title song [Humko Deewana Kar Gaye]. The song's original version comes after a gap and only helps in consolidating its position.

This romantic comedy is directed by Deepak Tijori and starrs Dino Morea, Anuj Saawhney, Jimmy Shergill, Celina Jaitley, Kim Sharma, Shakti Kapoor, Avtar Gill, Kunika, Rakesh Bedi and Gulshan Grover. The film is Produced by Ranjan Prakash and Surendra Bhatia, Music Director Himesh Reshammiya

Tom Dick Harry will hit the theaters in April 2006.

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Himesh Reshammiya is unfazed by his detractors!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network

His new found fame and his success as a singer cum music director, has won him a lot of enemies but music director, Himesh Reshammiya, is unperturbed by the critical backlash of some of his colleagues in the music industry. "I am neither hurt nor disturbed by the occasional backbiting and criticism, from some of my colleagues. By and large, the music industry has been very supportive towards my success. It is just that some people are a bit surprised by the fact that a music director who is also a singer, has walked away with all the success. "It is probably for the first time in the music industry that a music director has also been awarded for singing but it is not as if I am a singer by fluke. I have trained in classical music from my father for several years before I got the desired effect in my voice. Of the many songs that I have recorded so far, whether it is for my album, 'Aap Ka Suroor' or film music, there's not a single song that hasn't topped the charts. AKSAR is my 28th album and the acceptance has been phenomenal so far," Reshammiya defends his success.

More recently he was the target of attack when Anu Malik refused to share the credit with him, after he recorded a sensational number for a T-series production, HUM KO DEEWANA KAR GAYE. An outraged Malik spoke to the media about the incident and clearly said that he would not entertain anyone else unethically invading his terrain. Reshammiya admits to being totally taken aback after reading about Malik's outburst. "It came as a big surprise to me since I had sought a no objection from Malik before proceeding to record for the film. It was only after the producer, Bhushan Kumar got it in writing that I recorded the song," he reveals, adding that he has been cautious about ethics throughout his career. "I have always made sure that I do not intrude anyone's territory, despite the several offers I keep getting. On the contrary, there were a couple of occasions where I had to share the credits with other music directors in PYAR KIYA TO DARNA KYA and HELLO BROTHER," he says.

In another instance, singer Sonu Nigaam recently expressed his reservations about Reshammiya sweeping away the awards for the best singer. He dismisses this off with a smile. "I respect Sonu for his great singing prowess and I'd be happy if he walks away with all the awards for the best singer. I can't help it if the audiences go ahead and make my songs a hit or the juries unanimously vote me as the best singer," he says.

Meanwhile, he continues with his record-breaking spree at the music charts. After AKSAR, it is now the number in TOM DICK AND HARRY that has become the latest sensation. Says Deepak Tijori, the director of the film, "He is the biggest craze and whatever he records invariable makes it to the charts. He's got this amazing sense of music
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jem4SRK

Originally posted by bigmouth

Originally posted by Jem4SRK

Originally posted by bigmouth

dii: oye didi i know u have a big chance with himeshji Big smile (but that means he'll be my jeeju Cry ....oh well thatss okay as long as he sings for his sister in law Wink LOL Wink )and omg are u serious u started wearing the "caps" since jan??? Confused wow yaar this is wat i call a die-hard fan Clap Big smile Embarrassed (or should i say lover Tongue jk)kya yaar i only wear the cap when going out somewhere Tongue Embarrassed Embarrassed

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#9933ff size=4>hehe himani - im sure ur jeeju will sing for ya too Tongueyep yep i am wearing a hat right now - i actually received a lot of compliements from my friends/family when i started wearing them Embarrassed

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#9933ff size=4>its a nice dream naa CryTongue

ok--so 1st of all of course he will sing for me! he'll sing that "phoolon ka taaron ka" song for me Tongue LOL Wink oye hoye, kya trend hai Wink btw dii what time is it there in UK? and how old are u! - <FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#9933ff size=4>im 21 Himeshji 30 naa Winkaaaaww didi yes it's a beautiful "dream" as u call it...but remember, any dream can come true Embarrassed
- <FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#9933ff size=4>let's hope so Embarrassed

im praying day 'n night Embarrassed
omg nine years older!?!Wacko
wat a spicy jodi Wink Tongue Wink
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:11am | IP Logged
my intro:

okay so as i think yawl know my name is himani, im 17 years old in the 11th grade Embarrassed , i teach part-time at a bollywood dance studio (will tell about that l8ter Wink ),

and im in love with himesh reshammiya's music. especially the songs sung by him...they're so yummy Tongue Wink Embarrassed

i can connect to every single one of his songs becuz they're about being in love and somehow he does the best possible job in describing that feeling Embarrassed

i really didnt know who himeshji OR aadeshji OR ismailD OR J-L were before watching SRGMP...and that's weird becuz im a dance teacher so i should know all these muzic-related people. before i would just hear the song, love it or hate it, choose it for my students to dance on, and move on with life Wink but now after SRGMP i've been looking at the MD's and if it's himeshji (which is pretty obvious u can totally tell when it's a himesh rehammiya prod. Wink )then i'll love it already Embarrassed

i dont want to be known as his biggest fan or anything...we all know i Heart his songs (notice i'm not saying i Heart HIM...cuz i lubb u jem dii Tongue Embarrassed ) i just live on his music. that's enough for me. Wink Embarrassed

love,
your crazy sis,
himani

Go to top