Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 173)

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:57am | IP Logged
thanks for the link disha!Smile

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:03am | IP Logged
I am not sure whether this was posted before:

Himesh: King of the charts

Priyanka Desai and Megha Mahindru

new Delhi, April 15, 2006

Advertisement

He's just everywhere. Both physically and, well, musically.

His 36 China Town song Aashiqui is hitting the charts; his track Jhoom Jhoom for Deepak Tijori's Tom, Dick and Harry, is riding high on music charts. His tunes play in the back alleys of Mahim; in at the hippest discos and in suburban auto rickshaws.

With his nasal stringed voice, shaggy stubble and trademark cap, he is the music industry's Mr Aashique Banaya himself. Need more signs that Himesh Reshammiya is the music industry's new star?

For one, there's the arrogance beginning to show up. In a throwback to the peak of the Anu Malik's 'I, me and myself ' phenomenon, an air of supremacy surrounds him. The music-director-turned-singer turns up over an hour late for interviews; boasts of being "India's first rock star," and has begun cancelling live performances last minute.

Himesh Reshammiya is the hottest pop musician around, but not everyone is pleased with his records.
Another clear indication is the music industry's response to the 'Himesh phenomenon'. Take the recent MTV Asia Awards that failed to acknowledge his presence, simply calling him "weird", even as his music plays at local baniyaas as well as on BBC Radio.
While Anu Malik and Sonu Nigam have been rubbishing him around town, others in the industry also say they can't understand what the fuss is about. Insecurity rearing its head? Calling his style a marketing gimmick, fellow music director Adesh Srivastav says, "It's 40 per cent capability and 60 per cent promotion. But he is selling well and I am happy for him. He may not have perfect composi tions or be extremely versa tile, but by hammering the music so much, is like forc ing everyone into liking and buying it. Personally, I don't like his music or the way the music industry is heading right now."

Others say that the rise of the singer is a mere flash in the pan, pointing to other 'promising' music careers in the past that went down the drain like Baba Sehgal, Suchitra Krishnamoorthy, Parvati Khan, Suneeta Rao or Jehangir Khan.

But Reshammiya is in an enviable position with the hottest music scores. Even earlier successes show him to be in a bracket above the others. Sonu Nigam's Chan da Ki Doli and hyped-Idol Abhijeet Sawant's Aapka Abhijeet Sawant both launched around the same time as Reshammiya's Aashique Banaya Aapne in 2005.

While Nigam's album sold 230 and Sawant sold 700 copies, Reshammiya's Suroor sold a whopping 1,500 copies. (figures from sales at Crossword and Rhythm House). Shaan, for one, terms Himesh's rise as phenomenal, saying: "He seems to have an eye on what sells, as if he can predict what will work with the masses. From Tere Naam to Aksar, from the dholak tabla to the western tunes, he has constantly refreshed himself. He knows how to play the game and is having the last laugh at all those who called him nasal voiced."

Reshammiya, on a professional high, is predictably in no mood to take criticism lying down either. He says his success is not a one-off, but the consequence of a strategy on his part to carve out a niche that was lacking in the industry.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Catching two generations together...

Simplifying classical music for masses: Himesh Reshammiya.
THREE AND a half years in the film music direction and he has pampered many a glutton for tuneful melodies. The current "Nikamma" and other songs in "Kyaa Dil Ne Kaha" have already topped the popularity ladder. At 26, he was offered by Salman Khan to score music for his "Hello Brother". Then came "Kurukshetra" and "Jodi No.1" that made waves in the musical arena of hits. Young Himesh Reshammiya has once again appeared on the melodic firmament with Abbas-Mustan directed "Humraaz" this time with "inclusion of ragas in simplified way to cater to both masses and classes," as his claim goes. Himesh owes his passion for music to his father, Vinay Reshammiya, a veteran in the domain "who introduced electronic music in films." The passion found his best expression in "Humraaz" where Himesh has used raga Aheer in the title song, "Sanam Mere Humraaz", Bhairavi in "Tune Zindgi Mein Aake" and Ambarajni in sad notes. "Out of all, this film satisfies me most for I could utilise my training in Indian classical music, though not to the fullest," he admits. Yet he believes that connoisseurs can forgive him the cost of simplifying ragas to the taste of masses for "commercial reasons matter". Try to coax him into revealing his heart about current music and he bares it all. "There is a lot of pressure on a young music director like me. On one hand some shooting is going on where a song has to be picturised, on the other, the impatient producers want the song to be hurried through. If a singer takes long in capturing the notes, we are asked to change the singer and pick up those who would deliver best in shortest possible time. The rents of the studios where we record also add up each passing day. Melody is the greatest casualty in such situations. Hence, in the end, one thing is taken most care of - songs should be accepted commercially," Himesh heaves a sad sigh. But this time he thanks Venus for allowing him to perk up his appetite for soulful music. For this, he has taken care of two things in "Humraaz" - the orchestra is kept less than the voice, so that "pakki bandish" does not lose its place, "I have kept 70:30 ratio here," and entertained singers who have good command of the nuances of pure music - Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sonu Nigam and Udit Narayan for lead songs. Annoyed with lesser-trained singers who want to be stars overnight, he tips - they should sing "at least 50 songs for their voice to grow mike-friendly and sharpen their pick up sense." Among the breed of new singers he finds "none who could do wonders in the music arena even in the next five years." But Himesh promises to do wonders with his next venture - a Pentaloon film "Chura Liya Hai Tumne" with Esha Deol and Akbar Khan's son Zayad, Satish Kaushik's "Setu" for which Salman Khan has shaven his head and one with Padmalaya Productions. "Happy-go-lucky, an avid film goer and admirer of Laxmikant-Pyarelal and Shankar-Jaikishan," as he describes himself, Himesh is all pepped up to do a track with Lata Mangeshkar for which dates have yet to be finalised. At present he is quite optimistic about the music that would soon "touch many hearts," he assures you. RANA A. SIDDIQUI

Photo S.Subramanuim.

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:10am | IP Logged
dekh ye hasne wali baat nahi hai Ouch
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
What?
kiran17 Goldie
kiran17
kiran17

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
hey guys wassup

himesh rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
wow...i like this club and just to tell...himesh reshammiya is coming on a tour/concert I THINK in US and Canada...i know he is coming to US but i am not sure about Cananda....hope all himesh reshammiya fans go see him!!! Wink
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
YES HE IS

and welcome

Go to top