Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 16)

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Hi, I am badi and I may be HR's oldest and international fan - Lets face it I am old Cry Cry Cry - a lot older than him but I like his looks first and then his music - I have no clue as to what he is singing about Wink as I am not indian and dont understand the language --- but yet I am a fan of him.
Clap

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Hi Angela, great idea to do a real website. Wow, that will be very cool.
Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jem4SRK

welcome anu!

thanks for the article...it seems a bit old though as kya dil ne kaha was out in 2001 or 02 i think...

but thanks for posting Smile

thanks for welcoming dear...

ya, its a old one.. didnt know wat to post.. so, jus for fun..

Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged
hi everybody!

INTRODUCTION[/blue]

i am anu and i am put up in india..i have become HR's fan only after SRGMP...i used to like his songs very much, but know him personally only after SRGMP..

so, has become fan after that.. wat else, nothing more to say.. i am doing my pg courses now...
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:16am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ans24us1

hi everybody!

INTRODUCTION[/blue]

i am anu and i am put up in india..i have become HR's fan only after SRGMP...i used to like his songs very much, but know him personally only after SRGMP..

so, has become fan after that.. wat else, nothing more to say.. i am doing my pg courses now...

me too If read my introduction afew pagesback

greatClap

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:21am | IP Logged

I am re-introducing my self here and my reasons here since some may not know

Originally posted by teenindia_usa

Introduction:

Hi My name is Angela

My liking or becoming afan of HR's music was accidentially

I started watching sa re ga ma pa because of Paresh a singer who also was part of Rock's gharana later in the show.

As I watched, the more interested, I was of the mentors. I started looking things on them on the web, and to my suprise, out of no where Idiscovered that songs that I liked were eithercomposed or sangby HR like "AbA", Aksar "Mohabbat Ke" and many more, This is what turned a avid listerner into a  supporter of his music.

This thread,  as some of U may know was started at the sa re ga ma pa section, a tribute to him and to HR lovers.

I am so happy  to know that many share these views as I do and please post thoughts and ideas here since we want this thread tobe huge in honor of this man.

If things go as planned and we get many supporters I and Jem(HR's admirer) should open a website together with the help of U great poeple.

Again, thanks Guys and welcome to the thread as U are posting articles also tell a litttle about U'r self So we all get to know who each are: 

GUYS we want this tobe the NUMBER ONE THREAD OK Clap
Clap

Keep posting guys and introducing U'r selves We are a happy groupEmbarrassed

Edited by teenindia_usa - 22 March 2006 at 10:24am
badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Thanks Angela, for your introduction, and here's a bit about me and why I am interested in HR.

Where there is Bad…. There is also good

Since I had some time this morning, I thought of penning a few thoughts about one of my current so want to know people – Himesh Reshammiya

I have not heard about him before Saregamapa. As I have mentioned before I am not an Indian but have always being very interested in the culture, music, people and also the bollywood world. I started to watch Saregamapa because I thought it was a very good show – very well presented, good talent and style. Although I did not understand the language I love music and have an appreciation for good music around the world. I also watched the show because the show had mentors. Mentoring is a very interesting topic since I am a professional coach, counsellor and also a mentor – not in music but in a different field. So I was very curious as to see how the mentors were performing at the show. I had no idea who Himesh Reshammiya was at that time – my first thought was "hey, this guy is quite good looking and quite outspoken".

As I saw Himesh on screen I thought that he was initially doing well as a mentor. You must understand I don't understand the language at all but it's amazing how someone can pick up the clues on body language and tone of voice. But then he changed – became more arrogant and as he started to promote vinit – He only promoted Vinit, he did not acknowledge other contestants from his group. That is not good mentorship. I am not blaming him. I am sorry to say that none of the mentors did well because they were not trained as mentors or coaches. No offense to any of the music directors but one can be an excellent music director but when it comes to mentoring and coaching it's a different story. I did not see professional behaviour from any of the mentors. This is probably because none of them had the training as a mentor. Mentoring is not about promoting. Mentoring is also not about just prepping someone to sing. Mentoring is about helping individuals to become their very best in every aspect of life, not just in performing, acting or singing –its about coaching them about the ability to problem solve, cultivating good ethics and morals, standing up for self, etc., etc. Wining the award as the best singer is very different from surviving the life as the best singer.

Himesh – as much as like him – did not do a good job as a mentor. He certainly could be a good music director, a good singer. Many of us got to know him through the Saregamapa – I certainly did. Sadly, many of the people also started to hate him because of his actions in Saregamapa. He probably didn't do well as a mentor because he did not know any better. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the others did any better either. I am very curious to know whether the mentors had any training at all in mentoring. As you know, we live in a borderless world, I catch the show in North America and I am sure many other non-Indians also watch. Unlike those days, because of technology we get to see what is happening in other countries and cultures. So what you produce and present does not only limit to people of a particular country – it goes out to the whole world. Good or bad – it goes to the whole world.

I admire Himesh as an artist for so many reasons. (I know through life experiences there is a lot we don't know about people – even your own family members) He appears to be very devoted and dedicated to his work. What ever he is interested in life he looks like he wants to give his heart and soul to it. He has the qualities of a true winner.    As I saw him for the first time I knew that here is a guy who is going to go places – then when I heard that he was going to get award after award I knew my instinct was right. Himesh has the ability to capture a large audience because of his work and also his persona. I also feel that if he is good – he will be very good and if he is bad – he will be very bad. I hope he will not choose the latter. He can do a great job as a leader – I don't mean as a political leader but inspire and motivate youth to go for their dreams. His marketing skills come way before his musical talent – He is truly a good businessman. He knows what he is going after. And he knows how to promote it. He is ambitious, hard working and perseverant, and is not shy to go after what he wants. He believed in Vinit so he gave all his time and attention to him. He did not change his word from the beginning to the end. I have watched some of his music videos and I think they are done in good taste. He is fully clothed and his dance moves are decent – does not touch any the women but still able to capture the true feelings of the song. I consider that as a good thing. I am tired of seeing fully naked or half naked young men and women with all kinds of indecent dance moves. My point is Himesh is young – belongs to the young wave of musicians, but yet he is careful of his boundaries. That is a very good quality. His music is accepted by the youth.

I don't belong to his young fan group. He is going after the 23 year olds and I am way older than that but young at heart!!!! – So I like his music. I am very interested in helping Himesh become a very good mentor. He can still be an excellent music director, singer and a great mentor. I think we must encourage young, talented men and women to take charge of leadership. Today, whether we live in the east or the west, unfortunately we cannot turn to our political leaders for guidance. We must be creative and seek leadership in others – others people look up to. Such as artists, actors and sportsmen and women.

I have tried to make a contact with Himesh for this purpose and so far I have not been successful. Perhaps it's a crazy idea on my part – but I have to try. I don't know why, I have to try it – if and when I fail, I will know at least I tried.   So, if any of you could give me contact information please do so. As a non-Indian, I have limited access to information in the community. Any feedback, comments ?????
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

wow badi thats a long post on HimeshjiClap....my "relationship" w/Himeshji is posted below....

Well I first heard Himeshji's wonderful melodious music w/the song 'Oodhli chunariya tune mere naam ki' (I have covered a veil on myself in your name)(*thats the loose translation*) which was for the movie "Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya" *Why be afraid if you are in love* way back in 1998 & I have been following his music ever since - so when he was going to release a private album "Aap ka suroor" *Your attraction*, it was a real treat for meEmbarrassed.

Then I never realised how much I had in common w/Himeshji...that all came later when i got to see him twice a week, for 7months on SRGMP. SomeTongue of the similarities between us include:

We both play piano & keyboard (I learn piano & am hoping to teach it in future & am self taught on keyboard)

We are both GujaratiEmbarrassed

There is 9/10 years age diff - which is not a lot Tongue

Both our surnames begin w/R & we both have a doubleM in one of our names Wink

his bday in july, mine in june Tongue

We both love & respect our parents a lot - I have seen Himeshji w/his father always at award ceremonies & he will always mention his "daddy" in his interviews....its such a nice qualityEmbarrassed

There are a few more but they are minor unlike the ones above Tongue

I guess another one is we are both very emotional - You all know how I can't bear to see him bashed by people who don't even understand him. But when they say they hate him i guess it means they are jealous of him Wink

The other quality which i love about him is that 'woh sachche dil se gaata hai' *he sings straight from his heart* & this shows in each & every song of his Embarrassed - a true musician.

I have been lucky enough to send a message to him through a special friend - he (Himeshji) has my email address but I know he is extemely busy & so will not have time to reply....I know what he said when he received my message & know that he knows I exist which means a lot to me Embarrassed

& all - I am planning to create a separate website for Himeshji in the near future so will keep you all updated on that Smile

Let's Rock- Rock the World!Wink

Edited by Jem4SRK - 22 March 2006 at 2:02pm

Go to top