Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 126)

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:16am | IP Logged

an old interview of Himeshji don't think its been posted

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA PROMISES MORE HITS

By Suhel Johar

Tete-a-Tete

Himesh is the son of veteran Gujarati musician and music director Vipin Reshammiya. Though he had music in his genes, his first professional venture was not musical: Himesh began his career as a producer of Gujarati serials. Later, he moved on the national network and did Hindi serials. In his serials, he wrote stories and screenplays. But with his second soap in Hindi, 'Andaz', Himesh decided to compose the music and the title song too. The Kumar Sanu- rendered 'Andaz' number still ranks among the most popular serial, title songs. Himesh subsequently did the music of his own serials like 'Amar Prem', 'Aashiqui' and 'Aangan'. Today he is one of the few composers who consistently churn out chart-busters. From 'Odh Li Chunariya' in 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya' to 'Nikaamma...' in KyaDil NeKaha to 'Mirchi...' and 'Boys Are Best...,' in 'Chura Liya Hai Tumne', Himesh Reshammiya has proved he is one of the best. Himesh owes his passion for music to his father, Vipin Reshammiya, who introduced electronic music in films. The young composer promises to deliver hits after hits.

Does the failure of many films having your compositions affect your work?

click for larger view
Maybe, but my role is like that of an opening batsman. The promos of the films start with my music. I have consistently delivered hit music. It has earned an overflow for all the music companies. I have done my job. As for the films not doing well, there are a multitude of reasons. The industry is going through a bad phase. I have been flooded with offers. Of the seven film scores that did well last year, four were mine.

Were you disappointed for not getting award for 'Humraaz'?

'Humraaz' had a total of 18 nominations and the music had five nominations. That itself was quite an achievement. Watch out for my forthcoming music. It is far superior to the one I scored last year.

Tell us about it?

< border=0 align=top marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ww.smashits.com/indiads_300x250_01." Border=no width=300 scrolling=no height=250> < SRC="http://ww.smashits.com/indiads_300x250_01." width="300" height="250" border="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" SCROLLING="no"> </> </>

To begin with, there is the Ajay Devgan-Abhishek Bachchan-Bipasha Basu- starrer 'Zameen', which is a patriotic film. There's 'Tere Naam' directed by Satish Kaushik and starring Salman Khan, Padmalaya Telefilms' 'Ishq Hai Tumse' with Dino-Bipasha, 'Bisaat' starring Esha-Zayed and Ritesh Deshmukh, and two untitled films. These films bring out the versatility in me. 'Tere Naam' has pure Indian ethnic melodies, which will get me a lot of critical and commercial acclaim. 'Bisaat' is a thriller-cum-love story and has some really fresh and youthful songs, while 'Zameen' has a completely different sound. One number from the film is sure to strike a chord with listeners as it is on the lines of 'Vande Mataram...' The title track of 'Ishq Hai Tumse' will be a chart-buster. An item song is a total blend of ethnic and experimental music and a fusion of east and west. It's a special number on coffee.

What kind of music do you like to compose and which is your best effort?

click for larger view
I like to compose music, which has soul in it. I prefer films with romance. It enables me to come out with fresh youthful numbers and a new sound. However, the selection of notes is done according to a bandish, which takes care of the melody. I am very passionate about music and this passion found expression in 'Humraaz'. There I used raga Aheer in the title song, 'Sanam Mere Humraaz', Bhairavi in 'Tune Zindgi Mein Aake' and Ambarajni in sad notes. Of all, this film satisfies me most as I utilized my training in Indian classical music, though not to the fullest.

Isn't your music, though catchy, repetitive?

I don't agree. It's not repetitive. Yes, it has my chhaap. Any old composer like Laxmikant-Pyarelal had a particular style. Every film scored by them had at least two songs reflecting their style. There are certain musical notes that a music director loves, but uses it smartly depending on the situation in the film. In that sense, my style is evident in my songs. I am happy that I could achieve this feat in a short time.

Which of your forthcoming movie is close to your heart?

The music of 'Zameen' is to my taste. 'Tere Naam' too is something that I am proud of, because each song is meaningful and the music is very ethnic, like the title track of 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya'.

How do you cope up with the pressure in your job?

There is a lot of pressure on a young music director like me. On the one hand, some shooting is going on where a song has to be picturised. On the other, impatient producers want the song to be hurried through. If a singer takes long in capturing the notes, we are asked to change the singer and pick up those who would deliver best in shortest possible time. Melody is the greatest casualty in such situations. Hence, the most important thing is that songs should be accepted commercially.

smashits.com

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged
GUYS HR APPERANCE A GOOD ONE POSTIVE REPORT

Subhash K Jha

Himesh Reshammiya who whipped up such a frenzy of interest as a judge on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa will be back this week on the earlier music contest's new avatar Ek Main Aur Ek Tum.

"It was like a home-coming for him," said the disernibly excited show-director Gajendra Singh after the recording. "Himesh is as charged and revved-up on Ek Main Aur Ek Tu this week as he used to be on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. He encouraged the contestants by praising them profusely rather than being uneccesarily stingy with compliments."

It should be mentioned here that last week's star-judge Alka Yagnik seemed to be unnecessarily harsh in her judgement on all the female contestants on Ek Main…

Says Gajendra, "Himesh was a riot. He was so charged he enthused the participants."

Says Himesh, "I had a great time. To me being on Ek Main Aur Ek Tu seemed no different from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Some contestants were really good. I really enjoyed Twinkle-Biswas and Aishwarya-Ujjaini's performances."

Himesh even sings his Aap Ka Suroor tracks with these singing couples.

"To have them sing together in a compatible unit is not easy. I think the Sa Re Ga Ma participants who had to sing solo had it much easier. On Ek Main…the two singers have to match each other's scales and styles. That means they have to lose some of their singing identity to accommodate their partner. That isn't easy," explains Himesh.

One singing pair Raktima and Vishwanath gets eliminated this week. "Due to Vishwanath's misconduct last week they lost out on a lot of votes," says Gajendra Singh. "Our audiences aren't into vulgar antics."

Edited by teenindia_usa - 12 April 2006 at 8:55am
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged
hi jem and ash me too posting an article here
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jem4Himesh

ash will miss u sis Cry

look forward to ur next post Wink

hey di........

here is my post ..............

its a bit edited ................coz i kinda fell shy to write every thing.........hope u'll understand ( its in my nature actually.........)

i'm not a gud witer like u'll( jemdi, badi, sachin).......but this is sumthing which i've wirtten .........i'm really bad @ expressing my feelings ...hope u'll connect wid 'em

so here we go...........

hmmm......wonder how i fell 4 himeshji, i jus used to LIKE him ......but LOVE to tooooo far away. when i saw him on" [v] super singer" i never ever imagined him to be like tat( i had never seen him before .....jus heard of him).........@ 1st i did think he hada alot of attidude , though he wasa very silent & damn serious guy...............but later oni understood tat he was not like tat.....he gave compliment to da contestents & was really to gud to 'em...........................

later ...........when i saw him in " aashiq banaya aapne' remix vid .............i made a "double  take".........was soo shocked to see himeshji in a nu avatar.........wooo.....he looked HOT

MY so called LOVE actually blossmed frm here ............i jus can't stop thinkin of him........................not a day has gone by widout listen/seeing / talking abt him ............

although he is married,( i had a big Broken Heart......when i came to know abt his marriage) my feeeling/ affection & my LOVE hasn't dereased ,but actually increased........coz later when i thought abt it & understood ' if he was my true love ........i shouldn't worry if he is married or not.......to me he is only MINE

frm here its da way i desribe him.........

ogm kya sexy voice hain uska , ki sunte hi dil keheta hain 'aashiq banaya aapne'..........aur uska nose, its so perfect ..so straight..........uska eyes toh are soooo deep ........when i jus look into 'em ,keeping an account of all these features .......there is some 'jhalak' in him which automatically takes me to another world which is more than beautiful than heaven ........

its really gr8 to know tat we havea lot in common ..............

our b'day .........in july,

he likes SRK & DDLJ(movie).......me tooo

he admires Britney Spears.....me tooo

he's an emotional person.........i'm supposed to be 1 ( but i've not yet figured it out)

he loves chocolate .........i can do anything 4 'em, he drinks COLD milk .....me too

he play da guitar & da keybaoard.........me tooo ( i know jus little to play da guitar as mt bro tought me)

he sleeps little.........me to ( actually i sleep only 4  4-5 hrs a day)

hates politics...me to ( altough i'm frm a political background)

he is addicted to is mobile ........me tooo ( most of us)

oh god there r sooooo many things similar tat i jus can't remember

Embarrassed

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jem4Himesh

HugHugHug ash welcome bk hun!

thanks for the articles - i so don't like the journalist who wrote the 2nd one Angry

thanks for the pics ash in the gallery Wink

thanx di.......Hug

ya me too ...didn't like da second 1 Angry..

Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged
wow! nice articles..
I will try to post some after my exams Smile
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged

ash that was a v.sweet post Wink hehe i suffered the heart break tooCry  lekin i don't mind jus as long as i know he is happy in life thats all that matters to me Embarrassed

thanks angie - omg now i jus can't wait to watch SRGMP esp if Himeshji is gonna be singing as well Clap well done to Gajji for bringing him back Embarrassed

all the best for ur exams anu!Big smile

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 12 April 2006 at 8:52am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:58am | IP Logged

hey thanx di......Hug

ALL DA BEST  anu......Hug

di  i jus downloaded da interveiw frm crazefm........i'm listen to it NOW.....( listen to jhalak in it)EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

BTW how do v upload an audio track.........i'll upload dis one nowWinkSmile

Go to top