Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 18 years ago
thanks sweetdisha if u didnt give the pm i would not have seen this yaar
sweetdisha thumbnail

Hi Jemdi,Thanks a lot for this post......I hope atleast now you can understand what i was going to say abt his so called nasal voice.

And dont cry di, Himeshji need not to have a backup plan, He his surely going to rock for atleast 10-15 years more(U can understand why i am saying so).

Originally posted by: Jem4Himesh

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mmbuzz/mminner.asp?sectid=1& articleid=41220061150482814122006115045859

I am Bryan Adams, I am the rock star!

Himesh Reshammiya unplugged

There is no running away from him. Be it the DJ, whose console at Enigma blares his music or Raju from Ghatkopar whose three-wheeler dodges a pothole to the beats of his song, they make sure you have your fill of that unmistakable voice, and now the face playing peek-a-boo with a cap. Every day.
Hi Jemdidi, thnaks lot 4 this post

For the moment, we are waiting in his sprawling beach-front duplex apartment in Seven Bungalows. Sipping tea and taking our fill of the shiny faux pillars, ornate ceiling and alcoves lined with awards (including a Rotary plaque: My first billion, etched on a stack of currency notes), bright plastic flowers and a giant plasma screen TV.

Maids scurry around silently, sweeping and mopping the floor; outside, on the beach, kids play cricket and we twiddle our thumbs.

An hour and a half glides by when we spot a baseball cap, beard and an ear-ring. "I was up till four last night," the owner of the aforementioned add-ons offers by way of apology.

Himesh Reshammiya, 32, prolific music director, the new Mr Cool (what with supermodel Deepika Padukone welling up those lovely eyes, pining for his love) and at the moment, the one person many people love to hate (for details dial Anu Malik or Sonu Nigam), finally makes an appearance.

Reshammiya seems somewhat tired of interviews. He sounds bored talking about his past: how he started composing for tele-serials, the training he received from his father Vipin Reshammiya, a well-known keyboard player in the industry, or his early experiments with compositions.

"By the time I was 13, I already had my first composition ready," he says, adding, "it wasn't something you'd associate with a kid - very mature and full of potential. Bahut pukhta tha."

The artiste's utilitarian approach towards music can startle you. He seems to have moved from strength to strength, with the clinical precision of an investment banker building his empire. Sample this: age 13, compositions in bank - 6; age 15, compositions in bank - 200. And now, at present, he has "1000 compositions ready in the bank, and can offer six variations of the same to any director any time.

I try to compose at least three songs every day. The more you work, the better you get. All I want to do is give back ten times more to the person who invests in me". Sample another gem: "Nobody has my kind of strike rate.

Twenty eight songs in six months." We nod our heads. "Versatility is my weapon," he continues. "Nobody can deliver like I do. Whether it is pure classical raga-based compositions, or dance tracks. If I compose songs like 'Just Chill' to rock the youngsters, I also do tracks for Benaras for pure job satisfaction, based on classical music."

Reshammiya takes immense pride in his reach. And to give credit where it is due, his hits, whether it is the recent 'Surroor' and its two versions, or the earlier 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja', are little short of becoming state anthems.

"One hundred and fifty crore people can't be wrong!" Reshammiya—whose album Aap Kaa Surroor has sold 10 lakh copies—cocks a snook at his detractors. "I have won all possible awards, whether it is the popular choice or jury awards.

And I have shown my critics that I can do everything." Tired of being pulled up for his nasal twang, Reshammiya "sang in three different octaves", to prove his mettle. But in any case, criticism does not affect our star any more.

"Ninety per cent of the people are my well-wishers, especially from the film industry. It is only a one per cent minority which is criticising me."

He's riding the popularity wave and loving every bit of it. "From the remotest village in Bihar to the most upmarket joints in the cities, you will hear my songs. Every home will have my CD. I have been successful in attacking all the different kinds of mindsets at the same time. Whipping up this kind of mass hysteria is unprecedented, but there is divine intervention in everything I do."

This, says Reshammiya, has brought about a revival in the music industry. "It was in an acute state of crisis before that," he opines.

The well-being of the entire industry now hinges on Reshammiya's success, or so he claims.

"The more my songs do well, it augurs well for everyone else. It is a chain reaction. There will be more songs for actors for their stage shows, there will be more money pumped back into the system.

It will generate more employment," he rattles off. "I want to create a revolution in the industry!" The real reason behind Reshammiya's 'philanthropic turn' is gratitude. "I believe in giving back something to the industry that has given me so much," he says.

"Like Salman, who makes so many donations and no one gets to know about it."

By now, the world knows about the three factors that rule Reshammiya's life (God, dad and Salman). "Behind any successful individual there are at least two to three thousand people, and it is impossible to take all their names each time.

But I shall always be grateful for the huge support and cooperation I have received from the film industry," says the man who started off as a producer of Gujarati TV serials in Ahmedabad, and produced 1500 episodes for Zee TV (Andaaz, Ashiqui, Dam Damadam...), while waiting for that first big screen break.

And that happened when Salman Khan kept his promise. "My dad had produced a low-budget film called Insaaf Ki Jung. And when I was 15 years old, I had signed up Salman for a film that did not really work out. I had the compositions ready and Salman promised me he'd use them later.

At that time Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) was being released," recalls Reshammiya.

With Khan's Pyar Kiya to Darna Kya in 1998, Reshammiya got the break he had been yearning for. "My musical journey began with the title track, which became an instant hit.

It was a difficult track to compose, because the same words had been used in the classic Mughal-e Azam. It was a challenge to use it in a completely different context."

'Odhli Chunariya' became a hit and then followed other Khan flicks like Hello Brother and Kahin Pyar Na Ho Jaye, Kya Dil Ne Kaha, and the Abbas-Mustan hit Humraaz, followed by Tere Naam, which to quote Reshammiya, "was the biggest hit in ten years".

The music director claims he turned to singing quite by accident. "I had promised to sing for a different producer and was looking for a singer for Aashiq banaya aap ne.

I recorded the track for Aditya Dutt, the director of the film, in the meantime, and he liked my voice so much that he insisted I go with it. And then as a music director I listened to my own song to find out how singer Himesh Reshammiya sounded and I liked what I heard.

" The rest, to use a clich, is history. Even Aap kaa Surroor, is a raging hit, and it bears the signature Reshammiya stamp. "Each of the 27 songs is value for money," says the banker confidently.

Turning into a singer has also brought its own baggage. And an image to take care of. And Reshammiya looks grievously injured when you suggest he may still need to work on it.

"We have successfully created the concept of a rock star with the 'Surroor' video. It was until now an alien idea in the country. We have not had any Bryan Adams or Michael Jackson so far.

Whether it is in terms of sales or universal appeal, there is no one like me. There is no such music-director composer-singer…kaun hai?" He throws us a challenge.

But surely this is not the first time a music composer has tried to sing? Reshammiya insists no one matches his success rate. "Putting in one hit track in three years is no big deal. Try doing it thrice a month.

" Hence the 'rock-star' image, put together by his school-friend Prashant Chaddha. "He suggested that I wear this cap and grow a beard. And it caught on. With my new look I have also been getting offers for acting. But I will never get into that. A Bryan Adams or Michael Jackson does not need to act in films."

Right now, he's just happy making music. "For creative juices to flow, you need divine intervention," he continues, somewhat philosophically. "There are more talented people in the industry, and I consider myself truly blessed.

If I am doing something for the first time, there will be others after me." The only thing that worries our star is his strike rate. "My deepest fear is that I may not be consistent at times.

In this industry, life changes every Friday. And while people may forgive you once for failing them, they will not do so over and over again."

Reshammiya claims he is only too aware of his bull run in the music industry and what it entails. "I am here as long as it lasts. People love me, I have silenced my detractors and my hobby is my profession. If all this fails tomorrow, I know I will be asked to pack up and leave. I have no backup plans," he declares.

The self-styled 'rock star' lives for the moment. And the moment is all about the immensely heady feeling of being at the top, ("when luck is by your side, you are at your creative best") rather, pushed to the pinnacle by a collective consciousness.

He curtly excuses himself when you want to talk about his personal life beyond "mom and dad", he will not give you a minute more than he intends to ("I have an important sitting with a producer") and he will make a mad dash for his door, slamming it so hard that a chip from the bolt falls off in the impact!

In a hurry to savour every bit of the bounty chance and destiny has thrown his way, Reshammiya is no mood to pause and reflect. Cocky? Arrogant? Plain lucky? Call him what you will, but we know, you will also tap your foot to his songs next time the cabbie tunes in his music, or feast your eyes on the lovelies that fuss over him in his music video.

Reshammiya is not a figment of our imagination. We have made him happen.

* Love him or hate him, but you can't ignore Himesh Reshammiya, says Chandrima Pal
* Nobody has my kind of strike rate. Versatility is my weapon
* The more my songs do well, it augurs well for everyone else. It is a chain reaction. There will be more songs for actors for their stage shows
* If all fails tomorrow, I know I will be asked to pack up and leave. I have no backup plans😭

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

hey juleka...

i prefer the original first, then unplugged, then remix 😛

disha - i know sis - it hurts me too that he has to keep justifying about his voice for everyone

sweetdisha thumbnail

n tum kaha thi? I was missing u😭

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

disha 🤗

sorry sis i was away for lunch....i promise i will reply to ur PMs soon - i have been lil busy today....

sweetdisha thumbnail
Oho, its not that di, actualy i am a bit off 4m yesterday...n i havnt seen Himeshji for the whole day too, so missing him a lot, n listening his musics now,also lots of work to do.......studies, forum......,so.....
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
sis - i know exactly how u feel - i have been unwell all week 😭 n been busy trying to complete a report which i gotta submit 2moro.... so the only thing thats keeping me going is chattin to all of u in the fan club & listenin to himeshji 😳
-Dayeeta- thumbnail
hye! i watched srgmp on friday! himeshji was awesome! 😃 jemdi, i loved your new siggy and avatar also! jemdi, pls ap kabhi kabhi vinit fanclub mein aya kijiye! 😭
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

hey dayeeta!😊 glad you found us!!! - thanks for liking my avi n siggy 😳

yaar i will try n post in vinit's fan club also ok?! ab ro mat 😊

sweetdisha thumbnail
thnx di, btwn thnx for the pics in the gallery, where did u find those pics?killer!!!!!!!can u plz post a pic of himeshji n vinit