Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Celina7 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
k guyz i g2g... c yall later...
k if u guyz wanna kno bout wht i was talkin bout... this is da link 2 da rticle (BOGUS) ... [if nebody missed da newz...]
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1600537.cms
pretty stupid...
newayz... peace 4 now...
❀️ alwayz,
Celina
Celina7 thumbnail
n jem di plz delte ne rticlez dat have been posted b4... 😊
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
Do ghosts like songs?

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, JUNE 01, 2006 12:11:24 AM]

</>
Should they be banned?

It was bound to happen, sooner or later. Playback singer Himesh Reshammiya's spirited rendition of the Jhalak Dikhlaja song from this February's release "Aksar" and ending with Ek baar aaja, aaja, aaja, aaja, aaja is said to have evoked a very positive response not only from the fans but even ghosts that walk!

A section of the populace in Gujarat has, says a news report, sought a ban on the playing of this song, especially at night. There has, as yet, been no indication of whether or not those who want a ban will petition the courts.

It would be interesting to speculate on what action the courts will take if the petition is admitted. The courts could see merit in the petition and decide that cassettes containing the Jhalak dikhlaja, aaja aaja song not be played late at night, especially in the vicinity of graveyards, crematoria, hanuted havelis, bhoot banglas and the like!

What happens if not just the manufacturers of the cassette and those who own the music rights but even the ghosts implead themselves in the case so that no decree is passed without their views being heard?

It would certainly be a landmark judgement if the courts decreed that ghosts have a right to be heard. But what if the courts decided that till such time as a final judgement was given, the ghosts should lie low and not spring into action each time the "Aksar" cassette was played and Himesh's spirited voice soared into the climax of Ek baar aaja, aaja, aaja, aaja, aaja?

Could a notice of contempt of court be served on the ghosts and, if so, how? There is also another possibility, given the tardy pace at which cases are heard in the Indian judicial system. The case could come up for hearing decades later when all parties including the petitioners have themselves passed on and perhaps joined the ranks of the ghosts!
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1600537.cms Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 17 years ago
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

Bollywood: Himesh Reshammiya song attracting GHOSTS !!

Himesh Reshammiya songs are very popular among the new generation music lovers but now it seems that Reshammiya has found fans from the world of the dead too. The superhit "Jhalak Dikhlaja ekbar aaja aaja.." from the hit film "Aksar" is believed to be drawing ghosts.

himesh reshammiya ghosts

The 10,000 odd residents of Bhalej, about 80 km from here in Anand district, claim that the lyrics are an invite to "ghosts" who then possess residents. They have sought a ban on the playing of this song, especially at night. According to the residents there have been 20 such cases where the person had a high temperature and started behaving in a strange manner after hearing the song.
Himesh Reshammiya

A Mushtaq Thakore says, "The lyrics are such that they draw the attention of the ghosts, after which the person starts screaming and also runs a high temperature. The only way out is to seek divine help. Muslims go to maulvis, Hindus to their godmen,"

One instance is of Firoz Thakor, 25, was allegedly caught under evil influence some 10 days ago while singing the song in the evening.

"He ate too much that day and started behaving strangely. He wasn't talking to anybody but himself and refused to budge from the place where he was sitting. He only became normal when we consulted the Maulana (priest)," said Aarif, Firoz's elder brother who runs a roller-shutter shop in the village.

The worried residents are now approaching the maulvis as well as planning visits to neighbouring temple town Dakor. So finally the songs are forcing the ghosts to give a Jhalak !!

http://www.desifans.com/blogs/2006881

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 17 years ago
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
High octave appeal
Aabhas Sharma / New Delhi June 1, 2006
ADVERTISING: Reshammiya: you can run, you can hide, but you can't escape the name.

He's on the radio. He's on the TV screen. He's on the bus. He's in that car at the traffic crossing. He's in the air. He's in the recesses of your head.

Admit it.

And now he's in the ads too. Himesh Reshammiya, of course. The man who caught the vast Indian market's pulse β€” as a music director β€” with the soundtrack of Tere Naam (which repackaged classic raags for the globalisation era), and later let his own vocal chords lay on the charm.

Perhaps it was inevitable that brands would ride the same octaves in their quest for space inside the consumer's heart.

Yamaha Fazer has just put out a TV commercial which has a song from the film Kyun Ki. But the pioneer in using his music is Bajaj Platina, which is running a TV commercial that features his song Jhalak Dikhla Ja, from the movie Aksar, suggestive of a yearning for a glimpse of the Platina rider as he burns rubber down the road.

It's an interesting campaign not just for its music, but also its romantic interplay between a car user (the lady in the ad) and bike rider (the elusive "caped hero", ready to zip off into the night).

There's at least one other ad using Reshammiya music. Is something new stirring out there in the market?

It's hardly unexpected, says Jayshree Sundar, senior vice-president, Leo Burnett: "If the song is a popular one, then it helps the brand getting enormous recall."

In cluttered markets like mobikes, sound differentiation works all the better. Getting attention, after all, is half the challenge in advertising.

McCann's Santosh Desai agrees. "Advertising has relied on film songs for quite some time now," he says. It's all about brand association. And Platina has got the association it was looking for. "Well, you can't use a Mukesh song for a bike ad, right?"

So there you have it: a Himesh Reshammiya season that's still far from saturation.

But is this attachment sustainable over the years? "Songs will be used β€” but Reshammiya songs, I am not quite sure," says Desai, hedging his bets on the longevity of the composer-singer's popularity.

"Considering the popularity of his songs," adds Sundar, "it doesn't seem the end of his songs as far as ads are concerned." Like it or not, there's no escape.

http://www.business-standard.com/strategist/storypage.php?le ftnm=6&subLeft=2&chklogin=N&autono=93231&tab =r

HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
WHEN MOTOWN'S ON A SONG

Let's face it, Indians love music. And no one knows that better than auto marketers who are using catchy tunes to create better brand recall. In short the auto industry is simply creating a song and dance about its products. ET AutoMania tracks the trend

Meenakshi Verma

ADMEN call it sonic branding. But for auto marketers, it spells emotional connect that lingers long after an ads goes off your telly. Using catchy tunesβ€”sometimes backed by catchier lyrics, sometimes simply as a background scoreβ€”has been a tried and tested formula for brand recall. With marketers in general, and auto honchos in particular, wracking their brains for the perfect formula to woo their target audience, innovative use of music is beginning to turn into advertising holy grail. Given Bollywood's formidable musical genes, using wellknown numbers as jingles not only helps cut clutter but also strikes an emotional chord with the target consumer. Since music and driving are pretty much inseperable, a catchy jingle goes a long distance in creating brand stickiness.
   Also favourites, these days, are pop/rock bands who have their own following and a sharper core appeal with the younger generation. Of course current favourite Himesh Reshammiya seems to be as much a hot property in Motown these days as he is in Bollywood movies. Not one but two bike makers have picked his songs for their marketing campaign. So if it's Yamaha versus Bajaj in the marketplace, it's also Himesh versus Himesh.
Two and three wheeler major Bajaj Auto has used his song "Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa" for the marketing campaign of the recently-launched 110 cc Platina. The song, sung for film Aksar directed Shyam Bajaj, has become a huge hit and will doubtless create a recall rub-off for the product.
On the other hand Japanese bike maker Yamaha has picked Reshammiya's "Tera Jism Odh Loon"
number from the movie Kyun Ki as the background score for one of its bike promos. Yamaha, which came out with its 125 cc Gladiator just recently, might have John Abraham as its brand ambassador but when it comes to music, the company has picked the rock band Euphoria for its
   promos.
   A song called "Life Rocks Bike Talks" sung by Delhi boy Dr Palash-Sen will be the background jingle for the Gladiator which is targetting youth with its macho image. Incidentally, the Gladiator was launched with a rock concert by Euphoria. "We picked Euphoria as we want our products to appeal to the young hearts. That is part of our marketing strategy and our re-oriented brand strategy as well," says Atul Gupta, associate vice president (sales & marketing), Yamaha India. If that makes you think only the bike marketers like to create a song and dance about promos, think again. The best recalled background score in Motown is still Lobo's "Baby I'd Love You To Want Me" which was used in the Tata Indica promos. It created such an amazing recall for customers that the song has now become inseperable with brand Indica. Indica wasn't the only car brand to make magic with music. Back in 2000, Ford's Josh Machine Ikon came packaged with The Josh Anthem written by Javed Akhtar and sung by Shankar Mahadevan. The latter also came out with an album of the same name with songs sung by various people. Says Tarun Khanna, general manager-marketing & product planning, Ford India: "Music plays a very important role in the life of any Indian. For instance, often the music gets famous even before the movie is released. So we simply used the concept and Javed Akhtar and Shankar Mahadevan instantly connected to our brand proposition and hence we came out with the anthem and later a music video. Encouraged by the brand recall the team of two made the same for our Fiesta launch and we came out with "GO Fida" which is doing very well too," he explains.
   Korean car major Hyundai, used the same concept while launching its hot hatch Getz. Composed by Annu Malik and sung by Kunal Ganjawala the promo song for the Getz created quite a flutter at its launch. "The idea behind doing a catchy musical video campaign for Getz was to create a high impact clutterbreaking launch presence, riding on music and
dance. A special 3-minute music video was shot specifically for the launch, choreographed by Farah Khan using foreign dance artists," says Arvind Saxena, veep-sales & marketing, Hyundai. "The main marketing objective was to target the young, sporty, stylish, and trendy audience, who are trendsetters and this musical video campaign hit the right chords," he adds. Clearly jargons aside, there seems to be something in the way music connects. And marketers have a point when they say if music can make a film hit the jackpot, why can't that same recall translate into brand awareness? Given how well some of these catchy jingles are still remembered, there seems to be something about sonic branding.

Source: TOI news paper
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

hey guys ,

howzz every1 doin ??

celina - the artical " Being : Himesh reshammiya " has already been posted a long time a go by me !!!!

girls - wat do u'll think abt da ghosts !!! .....i find the whole thing very funny !! ....can we say himeshji is the 1st 1 who has the powers ( in his music ) tat even ghost luv 'em πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....i think he shld be awarded 4 dis , " 1st & best MD-singer ......who's songs r even like by the ghosts "

hmmmm.....i wonder wat Himeshji is gonna say 4 dis ??

vinit_fan thumbnail
Hii ASh πŸ˜› πŸ€—

How r u doin??? Well i find this post with ghost things very funny too..... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† i dont think its true.... or wat do u say ash....
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

hey meetu πŸ˜ƒπŸ€—

long time no seee..

wassup girl ??

ya even i find it funny !!!!!!!!!.....i don't think its true !! ...jus hoax news

hey angei....

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

hey all!!!

Ash & Celina - Celina i deleted the being article as Ashu posted it already!

The ghost wala article is pathetic - if i ever get my hands on the person who started the rumour πŸ˜‰

I sooo wish i could go to Mumbai right now, abhi isi waqt, to give my support to Himeshji.....these ppl need to grow up seriously 🀒