Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dayita thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Reshammiya disappoints with PHP

Sukanya Verma | May 23, 2006 15:59 IST

Despite our love for it, Hera Pheri is not a movie recommended for its music.

Phir Hera Pheri maintains the tradition. The nutty trio of Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty and Paresh Rawal return in the sequel to the comic caper, sans director Priyadarshan and co-star Tabu. And so, Neeraj Vora, who wrote the previous one, steps behind the lens, and Bipasha Basu and Rimii pitch in for glamour.

Now, Hera Pheri gang goes pink

Anu Malik was at the helm of Hera Pheri. But for the follow-up, Himesh Reshammiya (yawn) does the honours, with each track remixed by DJ Akbar Sami.

The album kickstarts on a typically Reshammiya note, with flashy use of shehnai, percussion and his own voice. Though in Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri, he does this ridiculous mimicking voice. It's something Kishore Kumar could carry off easily but, in Reshammiya's case, it simply doesn't work. And it's not even a funny song. The tune was still somewhat decent had it been rendered conventionally. Remix: Stepped up rhythm aids to the foot-tapping element of the number.

If you ignore the repetition in his choice of tunes and instruments, you won't have a problem green-signalling Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen. Flamboyant and catchy, this one's a potential album showstopper. Remix: Not much different from the primary creation if you discount the pumped up drumbeats.

First Look: Dia's item number

Dil Naiyyo Mane Re is best described as a screeching tussle between the nasal-toned Reshammiya and Tulsi Kumar. A crummy ditty to harp on the senses. Remix: Except for its accelerated pace and zingy background, this one's no better.

A rock 'n' roll rehash of Kem Che (Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai), with hints of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly signature theme -- that's the title track for you. With its disjointed pattern and crazy ambience, Phir Hera Pheri doesn't have soundtrack appeal and is purely situational in nature. Remix: Mindless, uninspired and noisy!

Dil De Diya gets no points for originality. The fast-paced dance track takes unabashed inspiration from the crooner Ilo's club hit, Rapture. Remix: Loud and garish on the ears. An unimaginative reworking.

Pyar ki Chatni sounds like an Anand-Milind creation straight out of a 90s Govinda flick, thanks to its bawdy undertones and glittering arrangement. Remix: Tedious.

So, the film may be eagerly awaited, but Reshammiya's music will dampen the enthusiasm of fans.

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/23php.htm

dayita thumbnail
Who is this Sukanya Verma? 😡
So much Jelous....
I have heard Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen. Is amazing...other tracks are good too.
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

ya dayita - i don't know what they are on about - my fave track is Dil Naiyyo Maane Re & I love Ae Meri Zohrajabeen + Mujhko Yaad Sataaye Teri also...

these are just ppl who are jealous of Himeshji 😡😭

badi thumbnail
Himesh's voice "has divinity"

Syed Firdaus Ashraf | May 23, 2006 19:37 IST

Himesh Reshammiya. Either you love him or hate him. Switch on your TV set and he is staring at you. Change the channel and there he is again. Many of those who hate him can't stand his beard and that cap, which is a permanent fixture on his head. Why does he need to wear a cap all the time? Ask Prashant Chadha, video director.

Chadha, Himesh's childhood friend, is the man responsible for giving him this look. he says it happened accidentally, on July 26, 2005, when rains brought Mumbai to a halt. Caught in the downpour were Prashant and Himesh in the latter's flat in Versova. "We had nothing to do but sit quietly, as everything had come to a standstill," recalls Chadha. And suddenly, he looked at Himesh and asked 'Why don't you start singing your own songs in my videos?'

Himesh agreed to Chadha's request. Aashiq Banay Aap Ne was the song filmed, because it was the only song available for the duo at the time. Luckily, even the video's director Aditya Dutt wanted to retain Himesh's unique voice. Chadha asked him to grow his beard, then offered him the cap to give him a rock star look. Now, it's part of his personality.

More on rediff.com !

Reshammiya disappoints

What's Kajol's best film?

Pix: X-Men conquer Cannes

It sometimes takes seconds for us to decide that a person is our best friend. That's what happened when Prashant Chadha met Himesh at Hill Grange School in Peddar Road when he arrived from Bombay Scottish to complete his schooling. "We developed a strong bonding on the very first day and have been in touch regularly for the last 17 years," says Chadha.

The two were good at studies and always scored more than 80 per cent. They used to complete their homework in the afternoons so they could spend time together in the evenings. Then, Himesh shifted to the suburbs. He joined Mumbai's Mithibai College, while Prashant went to St. Xavier's. Despite the distance, they still kept in touch though.

After graduating in science, Chadha started his own event management company with friends, called Midnight Madness. Himesh was not part of it though. Chadha launched a promotional campaign for Jet Airways but, after two years, decided he didn't want to organise shows all his life. He came out of it and joined director Mukul Anand to get into films.

"I was confused and didn't know what to do with my life," he says. "I was a science graduate, but my heart wasn't in it. My family had no connection with the film world but the idea somehow appealed to me," says Chadha. He started working on the film Dus, which was never released on account of the unfortunate demise of Mukul Anand in 1997.

Chadha shot his first video as a promotional film for Mukul Anand, for Dus. "The video became a big hit but my mentor was no longer around, so I decided to learn direction in a school in Canada," says Chadha. He returned in 1998 after completing his course. "When I came back, Himesh had made a foray into music. His score for films like Bandhan had become a hit and he had made a mark." The two met again and formed the company Sarvebhyo Devebhyo Namah Movies (In praise of all gods and goddesses).

"We are like brothers. I trust him completely and vice versa. He will think of my interests first and I will think of his. We have never disagreed with each other," says Chadha.

Will Himesh's music last, I ask. Pat comes the reply. "Of course." What about that nasal tone though – isn't it getting a bit repetitive? "I don't think so," says Chadha. "He has a bank of music and he is versatile. Moreover, did anyone say these things to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan? Himesh has given us 27 hit songs in the last 6 months. Look at his track record. He will not disappear overnight because his voice has divinity."

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Thanks On Articles Appreciate guys

Pz(preity Zinta reached 100 pages) please visit and post some words there 😊
teenindia_usa thumbnail

LOVE HR MUSIC: lOVE 24/7 AND SONGS HE PERSONALLY SINGS
Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
teenindia_usa thumbnail
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/261890
lINK TO PZ ALL WELCOME TO JOIN IN PARTY