HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
God of all things glam
Farhana Farook
Monday, May 01, 2006  20:50 IST

Print Article
Most Emailed Articles   RSS Feed
Most Viewed Articles   Search This Site
< =http://www.google.com/custom method=get 1="http://www.google.com/search">< = value=UTF-8 name=ie> < = value=UTF-8 name=oe> < = value=www.dnaindia.com name=domains> < = value=www.dnaindia.com name=sitesearch> < = value=GALT:#b70000;S:http://www.dnaindia.com/;GL:0;AH:center;LH:138;GFNT:#67679c;L:http://www.dnaindia.com/images/dna-search.gif;LW:760;AWFID:4ee9c210b45a3f1c; name=cof> < id=q ="if(this.value=='Search this site')this.value=''" maxLength=255 size=15 name=q> </>

Celebrity is no cakewalk — insiders talk about their 'spiritual connect'.

Their world spins on fame, fortune and the fast life. So, what form does spirituality acquire for the celebrity club?  From the Bachchan family to Aishwarya Rai to Sridevi - they've all been spotted at temples during periods of crisis. But how does the swish-set retreat, even if temporarily, from the tinsel orbit to seek moments of tranquillity?

Pin-up boy Milind Soman dismisses this need. He reasons, "If you are engaged in an enjoyable activity, there's no disconnection with your soul. I've followed my heart, be it doing engineering, modelling, acting or reading a book in bed."

But for TV anchor Mandira Bedi, spirituality is an eclectic mix of "the Gayatri mantra and Novenas". She adds, "Life is a reality check. Watching the less fortunate, I have an attitude of gratitude. During my morning walk (Bandra), I go where my spirit drags me - to the Mount Mary Church or St Anthony's."

While designer Neeta Lulla finds her job "meditative", she "chants the Gayatri mantra" even as she swims. A realist, who realises the "fleeting nature of success," fun for her is "holding on to what is not going to last."

Few know that laughter king Shekhar Suman has a sombre side. He "allots half an hour daily to meditation." Suman, who has faced the trauma of losing a child says, "I get into a realm where I reflect on the positive and surrender to a force above." He does riyaaz and takes music lessons to seek inner strength.

While she symbolises the bohemian, Pooja Bedi follows 'Poojaism' which means, "Bettering one's self and imbibing the thoughts of philosophers and poets." Her connection-time is when she sits on her "terrace enveloped by an inexplicable energy." Her mantra - "Do not beg. Thank instead."

Television hottie, Iqbal Khan believes "spirituality is your private equation with God. I strike it through namaz and tilawat (recitation of the Quran). In silence I converse with Him. Allah understands English too!"  While music-wiz Himesh Reshammiya discovers the divine in "raag-based" compositions, choreographer Vaibhanvi Merchant vouches, "The more I work, the closer I draw close to Him."

That 'work is worship' sure seems to be the simplest profundity here!

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1027099&CatID= 7

HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
var msid=1511818 var mstatus = false; var sUser, cookiestring; function getCookievalue(strcookie) { var ipos = cookiestring.indexOf(strcookie); var ipos2 = cookiestring.indexOf(';',ipos); if (ipos != -1) { if (ipos2 == -1) ipos2 = cookiestring.length; return unescape(cookiestring.substring((ipos+strcookie.length+1),ip os2));} } try { document.domain='i ndiatimes.com'; cookiestring= document.cookie; cookiestring = cookiestring.toLowerCase(); s User = getCookievalue('commlogu'); sUserLength = sUser.length; if (getCookievalue('cmssso') =='true') {mstatus=true;} } catch(er) {cookiestring=' '; sUserLength=0;} try { if ((sUserLength > 0) && (mstatus == true) ) {} else { /*document.write(' '); */ } } catch(er) {cookiestring=' '; sUserLength=0;}
Zoom ka dhoom
SHUCHI VYAS

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, MAY 02, 2006 01:55:42 AM]
' + 'Surf \'' + 'N' + '\' Earn -' + 'Sign innow' + '
< id=fr1019 title=Advertisement name=fr1019 align=center marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=1019" Border=0 width=250 scrolling=no height=18></>
Sunday night echoed with the last word spoken about the hottest people around town. The Tuscan Verve Zoom Glam Awards '06, held at the Hilton Towers, Mumbai, feted the hot and happening from filmy and fashion to business and political fraternities.

Eighteen awards across 12 categories were presented, honouring 'Glamour & Flamboyance.' The glam-filled air was coupled with 'the Music and the Rhythm' flowing through all and sundry.

The hands down show stealers and head turners for the evening were clearly John Abraham — accompanied by, but obviously, Bipasha Basu — who was awarded "Glam Film Star — male," the blue-and-white clad Kareena Kapoor, who won 'Glam Film Star — Female' and the oh-so-very-hot Kunal Kapoor, who bagged 'Most Talked About Debutant.'

Zoom's 'Most Stylish Businessman' award went to the extremely suave Gautam Singhania of Raymond's. "Business people are usually projected to be boring. Zoom has helped change that image and made people see our glamorous side!" he said.

Aviation minister Praful Patel, who walked in a wee bit late, was welcomed with his name being announced as the 'Politician With Panache.' "Thank you for this award. Today, I may be dressed in shirt and trousers, but the traditional kurta-pyjama (the politician's usual garb) is an equally glamorous outfit, when carried off well," said the minister to much applause from the audience.

Kamaal Sidhu and Ash Chandler, the comperes for the awards, had all of India's glam-set in splits with their jokes and on-stage drama. Shibani Kashyap rocked the crowd with her 'Zoom no 1' jingle, followed by Alannah Miles' 'Black Velvet' and 'Sajana Aavi Jaa.' The award for 'Best Female Debutante' went to Vidya Balan, 'Glam Music Star' went to Himesh Reshammiya, and 'Glam Sports Star' went to Yuvraj Singh

"Glamour is what's in your head. Simplicity, in my opinion, is the most glamorous quotient," said the suave Kunal Kapoor, after receiving the award for the 'Most Talked About Debutante.'

Among other awardees were 'Glam Photographer' Atul Kasbekar, an award he preferred to call the 'Glammie.' Gaurav Gupta bagged the 'Glam Debutante Designer' award, Sabyasachi Mukherjee was awarded the 'Glam Womenswear Designer — contemporary' and Ritu Kumar got the award for 'Glam Womenswear Designer —Indian.

' Narendra Kumar bagged the award for 'Glam Menswear Designer' for which he thanked Zoom for taking fashion from the world of film to everyday life. The 'Glam Models' award went to Neha Kapoor and Muzzamil Ibrahim. The 'Right Here Right Now' fashion show featured models catwalking to 'Kaisi Paheli' and 'Come to me' and Neha Dhupia sizzled in her finale 'Naughty Girl' and 'Dontchya.'
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1511818.cms
vinit_fan thumbnail
ya Ash nice articles...... 👏 👏 👏
btw how r u doin???
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

🤗hey all!

gr8 articles ash - khushi ki baat - himeshji ko ek aur award milgaya 👏👏👏

seems like none of u r online 😭 catch u all later,

Jem 🤗

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Is Reshammiya a T-Series exclusive rock star?
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, May 02, 2006]

One look at all the super hit tracks of Himesh Reshammiya in last 9 months and you are forced to make an observation that most of them have featured Himesh Reshammiya in his exclusive attire.

Be it 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', 'Aksar', 'Aap Ka Surroor' and 'Tom Dick and Harry' - his biggest hits have come with songs from these movies that have music on T-SERIES. He also composed for 'Banaras', 'Shaadi Se Pehle' and '36 China Town' in recent times but barring '36 China Town' that has garnered a hit status, the two other music albums didn't quite match up the level of hits that Reshammiya has been delivering consistently.

In 'Shaadi Se Pehle', Reshammiya didn't sing at all while in 'Banaras', he didn't face the camera for the lone song sung by him [Kitna Pyaar Karte Hain]. Even in '36 China Town', he has two hit numbers to his credit already ['Aashique Ye Meri', 'Dil Tumhare Bina], both sung by him, but he doesn't feature anywhere in the song promos. The common factor in 'Banaras', 'Shaadi Se Pehle' and '36 China Town'? They come on music companies that are non-T-SERIES.

Looking at this, one wonders if Himesh Reshammiya as a rock star is exclusive to just T-Series?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/22171.html

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Akshaye, Shahid, Kareena, Upen sizzle 'Aashique'
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, May 02, 2006]

Talking about Himesh Reshammiya, his 'Aashique' seems to be going a long way!

Though by no ways is '36 China Town' a love story, this brilliantly composed rhythmic love'n'dance track, 'Aashique Ye Meri', is turning out to be a real chartbuster before the film's release. If the original and remix version of this superhit number were not enough, there is yet another music video out that is set in the same mode as the one on the air. So what's special? This time the track also features Akshaye Khanna. In addition, there are Chinese dancers in the background who are traditionally attired and gyrate to authentic dance steps.

No wonder the song looks Exxxtra cool with the presence of cool as cucumber Akshaye. From Shahid, Kareena and Upen to an additional presence of Akshaye - it's indeed the case of 'teen se bhale chaar'!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/22172.html
teenindia_usa thumbnail

hi all iam addict #1 if ahve time goto sre section and wish me

Angelique/Pari
teenindia_usa thumbnail

hi everyone, how is HR ? He seems tobe rocking. Well made  the list as #1 addict  and all. 

Well I know in many of u'r eyes that HR is #1

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

hey all!

more news...😉

Himesh v/s Himesh in the battle of bike romance
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 03, 2006]

Is it a matter of concern or flattery for Himesh Reshammiya?

If appearing in countless music videos wasn't a good enough reason for Reshammiya to pop out from all music channels, now media has made it a point that he is heard, if not seen, on even news channels and other 'saas-bahu' TV serials. And this time around he has been caught on a road in the battle of bikes!

Confused? Well, let's solve it for you. First to use a Reshammiya's song as a brand was bike manufacturing company YAMAHA that utilized his 'Tera Jism Odh Loon [Kyun Ki]' as the background number for the bike's latest promo. Close on the heels follows a much naughty and perky ad of BAJAJ bike that uses his, hold your breath, 'Jhalak Dikhlaja [Aksar]' in the background!

What next Himesh? A 'vanaspati' commercial?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/22210.html

mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi all posting few pics hope u like them