Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
awww lucky U

if I knew where he lived me in line right now tobad he taken.already....Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

πŸ˜† angie...

at least i know Himeshji is safe from u then πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

hey i'm back........................😊😊

i'll be as active as before.........probably more than tat...πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

............................................................ ............................................................ .

MY VID UPDATES.......( maybe i'm a bit late ......)

1.  "a...a...ashiq mai teri " remix vid is on air......

not much difference in da vid ....................& NO,  himeshji is not in it....

da song is much much faster than its original .........its really gud.

2 .   "Tera sung ishq"   remix vid is also on air...

again not much difference ................

we get to see more firangi girls ( in bikinis)......🀒

but da song is really gud ............πŸ‘πŸ‘

actually i got to see more of himeshji SINGING in it.......😳😳

HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

Himesh Reshammiya

Himesh Reshammiya has certainly made a niche for his own kind of music in the industry today. His songs are melodious and catchy giving the movie the kind of mood it requires. His style of music is a blend of folk, melody and contemporary sounds.

He was first noticed for his score in Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya where he composed the hit title track. Currently, he is setting the music charts on fire with his runaway hits from Bollywood films such as add other Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Aitraaz, Bardaasht, Dil Maange More, Humraaz, Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, and Tere Naam.

There has been no looking back for this music director who constantly has been churning out successful musical compositions and is a hot favourite amongst youngsters.

http://www.vindia.com/specials/big_v/performers.html

teenindia_usa thumbnail
hi ash, and yes jem HR all U'r's i appreciate his music and all...If it were paresh and single well another story....

though there are a lot who want tobe mrs. Hr here?
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

hey angei.....

............................................................ ............................................................

Subhash Ghai's 36 China Town's music

By Kkomal Seth & Gautam Seth

Subhash Ghai's 36 China Town's music was launched with a grand bash at Hotel Grand Hyatt.

The music launch of Subhash Ghai's film was exciting and took place on Saturday amidst huge fanfare. The entire cast and crew of the film were present at the venue that included Akshay Khanna, Kareena Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor, Johnny Lever, Vivek Waswani, singers Shaan, Alka Yagnik, Himesh Reshammiya, lyricist Sameer and the Tauranis of Tips.

The surprise of the evening was that the actual launch was done by Himesh Reshammiya and not the film's star cast. Ghai personally handed over the launch kit to Reshammiya, who then performed a duet with Alka Yagink. The highlight of the evening, however, was Upen Patel who

HR ki sayyonni thumbnail

MORE ON 36 CHINA TOWN MUSIC LAUNCH........

Kareena dazzles while Shahid is forgotten

Saturday night, the lobby of the Hyatt in Mumbai looked almost like a battleground. You didn't need to know where the ballroom was; just follow the line of cameras jostling to get in. The event? 36 China Town's music launch.

In keeping with the name of the film, four attractive Oriental beauties greeted you at the door, fans in hand and delectable smiles in place.

The function was to begin at 8.30 pm. But save producer Subhash Ghai, the stars weren't around. At exactly 10:05, the gang trooped in together. How they managed that in Mumbai's traffic is a matter of wonder. Unless they assembled somewhere like boy scouts and entered in a pack.

Kareena Kapoor shone out among them. The fair actress looked simply dazzling in a black outfit. Akshaye Khanna was dressed casually, while Shahid Kapoor looked neat. Upen Patel, who got the loudest applause, was dressed in a coat without a vest. Himesh Reshammiya wore his trademark music-video ensemble of jeans and jacket, with the ever-present baseball cap.

Subhash Ghai praised directors Abbas-Mastan, taking a gentle jab at the stars for coming late. The showman was in fine form and looked young for a man making movies for 28 years.

Poor Shahid Kapoor. One of the speakers referred to him as Shahida. Another speaker called him Shahid Khan. Only when lyricist Sameer spoke did he get his name right. When Shahid spoke he mentioned this, "My good friends are calling me Shahida and Shahid Khan, thank you Sameerji for getting my name right. For a moment there I was suffering from an identity crisis."

Somebody has to tell music director Reshammiya that variety is the spice of life. The same person should
also tell him good music does not necessarily mean loud music. The first song, Ashiqui, which he sings himself, sounds exactly like all the other songs he has sung earlier. We know he can stretch his vocal chords for long. But this does not mean you stretch it for every song. 24x7 sounds like a stuck record of the LP days. It keeps repeating the same line. The only person likely to enjoy this song must be Dr Prannoy Roy, as it sounds like a theme for his news channel, NDTV 24x7

Dil tumhare bina is again sung by Himesh himself. Has he become a music director just to inflict his voice on us? Or does he sing to save the producer's money? Jab Kabhi, thankfully, is sung by Kunal Ganjawala and Alka Yagnik. Both their voices sound lovely in spite of the music.

DJs like to remix successful chartbusters, but in case no one likes this soundtrack, Reshammiya's thrown in a couple of remixes. Noting my distaste, a young boy, at least 20 years younger sitting next to me, gave me a dirty look before declaring, "The younger generation likes Himesh Reshammiya."

Himesh and Alka lisped a song together. Then the popular model Upen Patel came onstage with a troupe of girls and boys. The audience seemed to love this guy. My young neighbour said, "Everyone loves him because he is courteous and very sweet." Either that or the audience loved the glimpses Patel gave of his bare chest.

My evening ended on a great note. Outside the hotel, Kareena strode right past me. And I stared dreamily after her. What a stunner!

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/10china.htm

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— ash welcome bk hun!

thanks for the articles - i so don't like the journalist who wrote the 2nd one 😑

thanks for the pics ash in the gallery πŸ˜‰

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 18 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

an old interview of Himeshji don't think its been posted

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA PROMISES MORE HITS

By Suhel Johar

Tete-a-Tete

Himesh is the son of veteran Gujarati musician and music director Vipin Reshammiya. Though he had music in his genes, his first professional venture was not musical: Himesh began his career as a producer of Gujarati serials. Later, he moved on the national network and did Hindi serials. In his serials, he wrote stories and screenplays. But with his second soap in Hindi, 'Andaz', Himesh decided to compose the music and the title song too. The Kumar Sanu- rendered 'Andaz' number still ranks among the most popular serial, title songs. Himesh subsequently did the music of his own serials like 'Amar Prem', 'Aashiqui' and 'Aangan'. Today he is one of the few composers who consistently churn out chart-busters. From 'Odh Li Chunariya' in 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya' to 'Nikaamma...' in KyaDil NeKaha to 'Mirchi...' and 'Boys Are Best...,' in 'Chura Liya Hai Tumne', Himesh Reshammiya has proved he is one of the best. Himesh owes his passion for music to his father, Vipin Reshammiya, who introduced electronic music in films. The young composer promises to deliver hits after hits.

Does the failure of many films having your compositions affect your work?

click for larger view
Maybe, but my role is like that of an opening batsman. The promos of the films start with my music. I have consistently delivered hit music. It has earned an overflow for all the music companies. I have done my job. As for the films not doing well, there are a multitude of reasons. The industry is going through a bad phase. I have been flooded with offers. Of the seven film scores that did well last year, four were mine.

Were you disappointed for not getting award for 'Humraaz'?

'Humraaz' had a total of 18 nominations and the music had five nominations. That itself was quite an achievement. Watch out for my forthcoming music. It is far superior to the one I scored last year.

Tell us about it?

< border=0 align=top marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ww.smashits.com/indiads_300x250_01." Border=no width=300 scrolling=no height=250> < SRC="http://ww.smashits.com/indiads_300x250_01." width="300" height="250" border="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" SCROLLING="no"> </> </>

To begin with, there is the Ajay Devgan-Abhishek Bachchan-Bipasha Basu- starrer 'Zameen', which is a patriotic film. There's 'Tere Naam' directed by Satish Kaushik and starring Salman Khan, Padmalaya Telefilms' 'Ishq Hai Tumse' with Dino-Bipasha, 'Bisaat' starring Esha-Zayed and Ritesh Deshmukh, and two untitled films. These films bring out the versatility in me. 'Tere Naam' has pure Indian ethnic melodies, which will get me a lot of critical and commercial acclaim. 'Bisaat' is a thriller-cum-love story and has some really fresh and youthful songs, while 'Zameen' has a completely different sound. One number from the film is sure to strike a chord with listeners as it is on the lines of 'Vande Mataram...' The title track of 'Ishq Hai Tumse' will be a chart-buster. An item song is a total blend of ethnic and experimental music and a fusion of east and west. It's a special number on coffee.

What kind of music do you like to compose and which is your best effort?

click for larger view
I like to compose music, which has soul in it. I prefer films with romance. It enables me to come out with fresh youthful numbers and a new sound. However, the selection of notes is done according to a bandish, which takes care of the melody. I am very passionate about music and this passion found expression in 'Humraaz'. There I used raga Aheer in the title song, 'Sanam Mere Humraaz', Bhairavi in 'Tune Zindgi Mein Aake' and Ambarajni in sad notes. Of all, this film satisfies me most as I utilized my training in Indian classical music, though not to the fullest.

Isn't your music, though catchy, repetitive?

I don't agree. It's not repetitive. Yes, it has my chhaap. Any old composer like Laxmikant-Pyarelal had a particular style. Every film scored by them had at least two songs reflecting their style. There are certain musical notes that a music director loves, but uses it smartly depending on the situation in the film. In that sense, my style is evident in my songs. I am happy that I could achieve this feat in a short time.

Which of your forthcoming movie is close to your heart?

The music of 'Zameen' is to my taste. 'Tere Naam' too is something that I am proud of, because each song is meaningful and the music is very ethnic, like the title track of 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya'.

How do you cope up with the pressure in your job?

There is a lot of pressure on a young music director like me. On the one hand, some shooting is going on where a song has to be picturised. On the other, impatient producers want the song to be hurried through. If a singer takes long in capturing the notes, we are asked to change the singer and pick up those who would deliver best in shortest possible time. Melody is the greatest casualty in such situations. Hence, the most important thing is that songs should be accepted commercially.

smashits.com

teenindia_usa thumbnail
GUYS HR APPERANCE A GOOD ONE POSTIVE REPORT

Subhash K Jha

Himesh Reshammiya who whipped up such a frenzy of interest as a judge on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa will be back this week on the earlier music contest's new avatar Ek Main Aur Ek Tum.

"It was like a home-coming for him," said the disernibly excited show-director Gajendra Singh after the recording. "Himesh is as charged and revved-up on Ek Main Aur Ek Tu this week as he used to be on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. He encouraged the contestants by praising them profusely rather than being uneccesarily stingy with compliments."

It should be mentioned here that last week's star-judge Alka Yagnik seemed to be unnecessarily harsh in her judgement on all the female contestants on Ek Main…

Says Gajendra, "Himesh was a riot. He was so charged he enthused the participants."

Says Himesh, "I had a great time. To me being on Ek Main Aur Ek Tu seemed no different from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Some contestants were really good. I really enjoyed Twinkle-Biswas and Aishwarya-Ujjaini's performances."

Himesh even sings his Aap Ka Suroor tracks with these singing couples.

"To have them sing together in a compatible unit is not easy. I think the Sa Re Ga Ma participants who had to sing solo had it much easier. On Ek Main…the two singers have to match each other's scales and styles. That means they have to lose some of their singing identity to accommodate their partner. That isn't easy," explains Himesh.

One singing pair Raktima and Vishwanath gets eliminated this week. "Due to Vishwanath's misconduct last week they lost out on a lot of votes," says Gajendra Singh. "Our audiences aren't into vulgar antics."

Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago