A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) - Page 78

Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks Jem,

The link rocked tell me in pm how todo links here. Is that we have goto our signature page or may without?

Let me know also jow to post pics here so they stay. I have many just not sure how to post.

A pal of mine hasbeen to a show/recording of HR and will send pics I need to know how to post them.

angie - himeshji is  givin intervew on craze fm tonight!!! so ask ur questions - i have!!!

angie - post pics in Himeshji's gallery πŸ˜‰

quick listen to craze fm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Himeshji on!!!!! now!!!!!!

www.crazefm.com

CONGRATULATIONS!!!CROSSED 100 PAGES SO QUICKLY!

πŸ‘

Edited by annu1611 - 17 years ago
hi everybody!

sorry, couldnot join u all for the party... anyways,

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF U..

jus heard Himeshji's interview - his fave actor is same as mine Shahrukh khan & fave movie same as mine DDLJ!!!!

😳

Originally posted by Jem4Himesh

jus heard Himeshji's interview - his fave actor is same as mine Shahrukh khan & fave movie same as mine DDLJ!!!!

😳

hey tats cooooool ......

GR8 to know tat himeshji likes SRK & DDLJ....😳😳

shahrukh wooow,he's da 1st actor i ever had a crush on ( but not now).........& DDLJ ,wonder how many times i've seen

di wat else did himeshji say .........wat r his other favs

i missed da interveiw😭

i was sleeping like an ass😑.😑......oh god how i ditched myself😑......i feel i'm dead now 🀒🀒

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 17 years ago
hi ash and yeah heard it was nice interview. Jem will therberecaps?

Guys a rockerteez same time has our page was 100 pages I 'am not sure if mentiioned that so a real party

woo hoo!!!!
Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
Pasting This here since HR is musicwriter

By Taran Adarsh, April 6, 2006 - 17:04 IST

Generally, most light entertainers don't come with a heavy baggage. Since there's not much logic involved, all that the director and his team of writers have to do is go for a script that has scope for comedy and importantly, pick and choose actors who are gifted enough to carry the roles with lan.

While Mukta Arts Ltd.'s SHAADI SE PEHLE, directed by Satish Kaushik, gets it right in its choice of actors [Akshaye, Mallika mainly], it falters in the most vital department: Script. Armed with an interesting plot, you expect the film to be a laughathon, from start to finish, but the film amuses in parts.

Inspired by director Rajat Rakshit's Amol Palekar-Ranjeeta-Ashok Saraf starrer MERI BIWI KI SHAADI [1979], SHAADI SE PEHLE takes the same route as NO ENTRY, GARAM MASALA and MALAMAAL WEEKLY. Meaning, don't look for logic when you watch the film. But the makers have to ensure that the content has the meat to keep you glued for the next two hours.

Unfortunately, SHAADI SE PEHLE lacks the power and punch to keep you hooked. It's way below expectations!

Ashish [Akshaye Khanna] and Rani [Ayesha Takia] are pretty much in love with each other. But Ashish has a problem: At the slightest level of tension, Ashish needs to pop a pill to unrattle his shaken nerves. Rani's family [Vijayendra Ghatge, Kishori Shahane Vij] are strictly against the relationship. And if that is not enough for Ashish, his childhood friend, Rohit [Aftab Shivdasani], has the hots for Rani.

When Ashish goes to visit his doctor [Boman Irani], he misunderstands the doctor's diagnosis of hypertension to cancer. Ashish's world turns upside down. Before dying, he decides to do the right thing: He wants the best for his love Rani. Along with his friend [Rajpal Yadav], Ashish embarks on a plan to make Rani hate him so that she will not have to suffer the ordeal of his death.

Ashish starts flirting with the sexy supermodel Sania [Mallika Sherawat]. Seeing Sania in Ashish's arms, Rani is dejected and dumps him. But there's a twist in the tale: Ashish realizes that he does not suffer from cancer at all. He decides to break up Rani and Rohit's engagement. But there are problems…

Will Ashish be able to convince Rani of his true feelings and clear up the mess? Will Ashish be able to convince Sania's elder goon-brother Anna [Suniel Shetty], who wants to get Sania and him married without further delay?

With an interesting concept on hand, SHAADI SE PEHLE could've, and should've, developed into an entertaining joyride, but what you get is not what you expect from a film that boasts of impressive names on and off screen.

The problem lies in the fact that SHAADI SE PEHLE tries too hard to make you laugh. At times, you do enjoy the humor, but at most times it falls flat. There are sequences that do bring the house down. For instance, the Akshaye-Rajpal Yadav sequence at the start of the film [when Akshaye confides that he's going to die] is hilarious. Even the Akshaye-Boman Irani sequence at the latter's clinic evokes mirth.

Mallika's track is another ace. The bindaas attitude her character exudes as also the glamour quotient that comes with Mallika is eye candy for the junta.

Unfortunately, SHAADI SE PEHLE goes downhill in the second hour. The comic scenes in the post-interval portions appear superficial and that's a major slip-up. Also, there are unwanted tracks in the plot, like the Gulshan Grover sub-plot which only acts as an impediment. Ditto for Suniel Shetty's portions, which was the need of the story for sure, but how one wishes the writer would've garnished those portions imaginatively.

Even the climax, which should've been the mainstay of the enterprise, lacks conviction. Ideally, the concluding portions should leave an ever-lasting impression, but in this case, it comes across as a half-baked effort.

Director Satish Kaushik is not in form this time around. His choice of the subject is right, but the screenplay lets him down to a major extent. Sanjay Chhel's writing evokes mixed feelings. While the screenplay interests in parts [not amongst Chhel's better attempts], the dialogues penned by him are excellent. In fact, the witty one-liners are the highpoint of the enterprise.

Himesh Reshammiya's music may not be of hit variety, but it serves the purpose nevertheless. Yet, given the kind of music Mukta Arts has come up with in the past, you miss a hit score in the film. 'Ankhiyon Se Gal Kar Gayee', 'Bijuria' and 'Tere Liye' are foot-tapping nonetheless. Cinematography [Johny Lall] is enticing, especially the locales of Malaysia.

Akshaye scores yet again. The various expressions that flash on his face within a fraction of a second reiterate the fact that he's amongst the best in the business. Extremely efficient at all times! Ayesha Takia gets to play the conventional heroine, but the role appears so boring in today's times. Even otherwise, the actress enacts her part mechanically and needs to get her styling right. Mallika Sherawat is a star, not an actor, and the makers understand it well enough. There's no effort to depict Mallika as an actress, but a seductress and that's precisely why this character works.

Suniel Shetty doesn't impress. Aftab Shivdasani plays second fiddle right through. However, the long hair suits him. Rajpal Yadav excels once again. Although he tends to go over the top at times, he does make you laugh whenever he appears on screen. Anupam Kher looks disinterested. Gulshan Grover is wasted. Ditto for Vijayendra and Kishori Shahane Vij.

On the whole, SHAADI SE PEHLE has its share of fun-filled moments, but the film doesn't make much of an impact in totality, thanks to a weak second half. At the box-office, the 4-day weekend and the onset of summer vacations may help to an extent, but it lacks the power to sustain after the euphoria settles.

ME IF_ROCKERTEZEdited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago

TO HIMESH ON THIS SPECIAL OCCASION

I am badi - Yeah, me the total stranger, the non-Indian, the outsider but your international fan – as I say I have no clue as to what you are singing but I love your music anyways.

Since I don't see you on Saregama, I have no videos to watch, no DVDs or CDs or anyone around to chat about you, no new articles to cut and past – so on this day, I took a few moments to gather some thoughts about you.  Its just me and my imagination- yes, my wild imagination – these are my thoughts and my thoughts only and not intended to hurt you or anyone else.  Mmmm…. I am kind of in a pensive mood – this is what I imagine about you – so these are not facts – just views, my thoughts and my opinions.  My opinions may not count but I love giving them anyways.  And beside, I wanted to do something special for you.

I am sharing my joy and happiness with all my on-line buddies – people I have never met in person but begun to love nevertheless, and those who have worked very hard to keep this fan club going – Angela, Jem, Ash and all others.

You have a very cute smile – that wont come easily and that is good.  Because you still look astonishing without smiling.  I do like your proud,

la-di-da look.  It suits you well.   So if you did not smile often that's o.k. too.

Here are my favourite songs:

I love to listen to your songs even though I don't understand what it means.  I love when you sing in low octaves.  I also like when you use more of piano and guitar.  May be, because I am older – I love the slow numbers – the fast ones are great too. 

Kitna Pyar Kartein Hain –      it's my no:01

Samjo Na

Naam Hai Tera

Tera Suroor

Mohabbat Ke

Jhoom Jhoom

Aapki Kahsish

Ashig Banaya Aapne

Jalak Dikhalja

I like to see you in:

Of course with your cap – I hope you will not take it off any time soon

In Blue Jeans and leather jackets

Red, blue, navy, gray, black, brown – you look absolutely fantastic in any of these colours

Some things I share with you:

Born in July – Leo

Love music – use to play piano and keyboard

Love to drink milk and eat chocolates

Very emotional

Respect parents – consider dad as backbone of life

I am curious:

About #8230 – who or what – can someone tell me?

I think you are:  ( this is just guess work o.k.)

A very good friend to your few selected friends

A warm hearted soul to the few people you love

A devoted lover – may or could have fallen in love blindly – Have you?

A loving son to your parents

Passionate about your work

Mother's pet and pride

Extremely loyal

Like a coconut- tough exterior – soft interior

I also think you are: (now, I think my imagination is really working over-time)

Extremely stubborn

Single minded at times

Expect a lot from your self and others

Bit hard on your self

Perfectionist

Sentimental, extremely sensitive and hopelessly romantic

Perceived as arrogant and proud

My vision for you:

I see you being very very famous

you will become bigger than India one day

if you extend your music to the western world you will be admired and appreciated for your distinct singing style and also your very cute look

You will be good:

As an actor if you choose to be one and also a model for a magazine - representing brand name jeans, caps or a cologne

My hope:

As you reach the stars take as many people as you can.  Inspire the youth and guide them towards the right path.  Many people will look up to you.  You can still be a leader and guide others through your work. 

I wish:

You become successful in every aspect of your life – personally and professionally, I wish you fulfill your dreams and aspirations and live your very best life.  Go…Fly Himesh!

I also wish that you sing in English so that I can understand what you are singing about.

I wish you did not:

Justify your self and dreams to other.  I wish you did not limit your dreams to just fulfill others.  Do what you want – what ever you do – you will be good because you give your heart and soul to it.

My fear:

If you ever happen to take a fall that you will not be alone.  I hope you have people who truly love and care for you for who you are – not the music

director, not the singer, not the performer but YOU.

Do you know?

How much you are loved by people around the world?????  You will be surprised

There will always be:

People who look at the negative side of everything – no matter what you do that cannot be stopped – just knowing that there are also people who will support you will help.

Wish you all the very best – may all your dreams come true, May be you be successful in every aspect of your life

Please come drop by and say hello to us at IF