India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Kavita Krishnamurthy Chat Transcript

battosai64 Groupbie
battosai64
battosai64

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:32am | IP Logged

I was surfing the web and I found this chat transcript. It's sort of old but here's the link: http://www.rediff.com/chat/kavichat.htm

One part surprised me:

Sanjay (Mon Oct 18 1999 6:3 IST)
Kavita: What is your singing background? And how often do you practise classical music?

Kavita Krishnamurthy (Mon Oct 18 1999 6:9 IST)
Sanjay: I've learnt the basics, I'm not a classical singer, I sing more in the studios than what I practise at home. But I listen to a lot of classical music also.

How can someone not a classical singer sing all those classical-based songs like Main Vari Vari or the Devdas songs so brilliantly? Shocked

P.S: Does anybody know if she has sung any songs on Tamil?

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:53am | IP Logged

battosai64:

I was surfing the web and I found this chat transcript. It's sort of old but here's the link: http://www.rediff.com/chat/kavichat.htm

One part surprised me:

Sanjay (Mon Oct 18 1999 6:3 IST)
Kavita: What is your singing background? And how often do you practise classical music?

Kavita Krishnamurthy (Mon Oct 18 1999 6:9 IST)
Sanjay: I've learnt the basics, I'm not a classical singer, I sing more in the studios than what I practise at home. But I listen to a lot of classical music also.

How can someone not a classical singer sing all those classical-based songs like Main Vari Vari or the Devdas songs so brilliantly? Shocked

P.S: Does anybody know if she has sung any songs on Tamil?

Confused

dumbdame Newbie
dumbdame
dumbdame

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 6:50am | IP Logged
U may be mistaken. Read it pl Kavita is a desciple of PtJasraj. It is MrSanjay, who is saying did not take classical training.

Edited by dumbdame - 19 March 2006 at 6:51am
affluent Groupbie
affluent
affluent

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Thanks!

Well, genius comes in such packages Wink
Lata, Asha, Kavita make up the Indian Female Trinity for me. Kavita is next to Lataji in perfection.

How can someone little trained sing such songs?

Listen to SP Balasubramaniam's PURE carnatic classical in 'Shankarabharanam'. He was UNTRAINED till then. Wink Wink Wink

Or our very pyare Kishoreda singing 'mere naina sawan bhadon', 'chingari koi bhadke' or that song which looks so easy but is murder when you try to sing it - Ek Chatur Naar...Raag Desh Wink

Kavita used to be a dubbing singer for Lata when the music tracks are being prepared. This experience and talent took her to one of the best singers.

battosai64 Groupbie
battosai64
battosai64

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by dumbdame

U may be mistaken. Read it pl Kavita is a desciple of PtJasraj. It is MrSanjay, who is saying did not take classical training.

No it is not MrSanjay who is saying it. The format of the chat is like that. WHenever she answers, she writes the name of the person who asked the question, then the reply. Is she still learning with Pt.Jasraj? or was it a while ago?

sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
thanx very nice!
Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
I had read that interview a while ago, and I was confused that she is not classical trained, but she sings as though she's a perfectionist in it.

Edited by Dancnballa23 - 19 March 2006 at 8:28pm
battosai64 Groupbie
battosai64
battosai64

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dancnballa23

I had read that interview a while ago, and I was confused that she is not classical trained, but she sings as though she's a perfectionist in it.

She is classically trained. She learned Hinustani music b/c they couldn't find a good Carnatic music teacher where they lived. She also learned Rabindra Sangeet because her aunt urged her. I wonder if she is being modest by saying I only know the basics.

Go to top