Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Interview with Abhishek Bachchan

canada87 IF-Rockerz
canada87
canada87

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 12:00am | IP Logged

I don't think I'm fashionable: Abhishek Bachchan

What was the biggest high of the year?

Dad's performance in "Black". That was undoubtedly the biggest high for me. I wouldn't single out any of my own performances because none of them were anywhere near Dad. And at the end of the year, "Black" was selected by Time magazine as one of the 10 best films of the year. Isn't that cool?

What about your own films?

They all made me happy. And I am equally proud of all of them. At the end of the year, I was happy to know that the first week's collections of "Bluffmaster" in the US were $160,000 dollars. In the second week, the collections went up by almost $60,000. That's practically unheard of.

How do you explain it?

I dunno. Maybe they just liked "Bluffmaster". I certainly did. I am fond of all my films.

Elle magazine has chosen you as the most stylish person of the year?

It's very humbling...

Do you think you're stylish?

No. I have to thank all the people who work from behind the scenes to create that illusion. Special thanks must go to my personal stylist Falguni Thakore and Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla. These are the people who do most of my clothes. And if I am being labelled stylish the credit must go to these persons. I don't think I'm fashionable. But thank you very much.

Suddenly in the last one year you have become a pinup favorite?

How do I explain it? I don't even try to explain it. Aditya Chopra once told me, very seldom does the audience decide to like someone. No point in questioning it. Just be thankful and work extra hard to keep the audiences' faith intact. I'll try my best not to disillusion those who've faith in me.

Also, CNN has designated you the entertainer of the year?

I am thoroughly flattered. I don't agree with that at all.

It could have something to do with the variety of roles you did in 2005?

No, they are just being kind. I think there are artistes out there who have done far better work than me during the year. I don't think I am the most entertaining actor or the most stylish person. But like I said, there's no point in analysing these things. I am trying to improve myself. Because I know there are people who are far more stylish and entertaining.

What are you looking forward to in 2006?

Quite a lot of things. But mainly I want to do more exciting work. I'll continue to work hard and leave the rest to god and the audience.

How is it going with J.P. Dutta and "Umrao Jaan" in Jaipur?

It is wonderful to get back in front of J.P. saab's camera. It is like coming home. Shooting this film is a great deal of fun.

And Aishwarya?

She is a thorough professional. So am I.

canada87 IF-Rockerz
canada87
canada87

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 12:17am | IP Logged
u r welcum
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top