article - remix and pics-uploaded again

exquisite gal thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Shristi Arya to open Twinkle Beauty Parlour
Monday, March 06, 2006 | Television
(As in Mumbai Mirror)

And this one also allows men in. After all, it's not a brick-and- mortar salon we're referring to, but a television show
Reena Thapar Kapoor

Producer Shristi Arya of Rose films, famous for coming up with the most unique concepts for her television shows, is ready with yet another creation. The name of the show – Twinkle Beauty Parlour – somewhat reveals the setting, and to an extent, even the plot.
"I'm glad that people don't consider my shows run-of-the-mill," says Shristi. Probe her about her latest in the pipeline, but she won't reveal too much.

However, word has it that the show is based on weird goings-on that take place in smalltime beauty parlours. "I will neither confirm nor deny it. Yes, I've approached the channel and in a joint meeting with them we've decided to launch this in a big way. Giving out information would mean going against them and I certainly do not want to do that."

The show, that is being made for Sony Television, is still in the process of receiving its final touches by the creative team. The cast and other details about Twinkle Beauty Parlour have been kept under wraps as the team wants to announce the show with a grand launch. "I've been talking to a few actors but haven't signed any name on the dotted line yet," informs Arya.

Word has it that many female stars are being considered for the big show. We spoke to actress Narayani Shastri who is perhaps the only confirmed actor. "In all probabilities I might be acting in Twinkle Beauty Parlour," reveals the dusky actress. "But, I'm not too sure if Shristi wants me to talk about the show," she says reluctantly. Post Piya Ka Ghar Narayani only wants to work with the best production house and in a show that has a social message. "Apart from Twinkle Beauty Parlour, I might be working on a show for a new production house. I play the role of a cop and Rohit Roy plays my love interest. But for more details you'll have to give both these shows some more time," says the excited Shastri.

remix -another article

The ultimate triumph of a production house, the only one hour daily on television, the show has so far telecast over 165 episodes with no repeats or uplinks.

The best production design work seen on television be it the extravagant school set to the trendy new age look ofthe kids, the show boasts of the best work in art direction and costume designing and styling.

The looks of the main characters have already become a fashion statement and so has their language. Amongst its other achievements, it is also the first Indian show to feature 5 full length music videos using its main characters.

pics

Edited by exquisite gal - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashi-coolest thumbnail
I loved the pics 😊 😊 😊 Thanx a lot 😊 😊
exquisite gal thumbnail
niyu u too joiined my gang in most no. of balloons?
shobha thumbnail
parul i am very impressed by u...thanx a lot yaaaaaaaaar
saff thumbnail
thnxxxxxxx i saw it 2 ...... omg niyu 246 baloons
ArjunArohi4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
WOW.THANX A LOT.THE PICS R VERY CUTE.

TITLI
ritz_ashiyuvi thumbnail
thanx a lot parul

the pics are very good,...

shweta is really looking good....and the 2nd pic is awesome.!!!!