India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Romeo & Juliet: Desified and Remixed

sUgA -N- sPiCe Goldie
sUgA -N- sPiCe
sUgA -N- sPiCe

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:21pm | IP Logged

Okay, so I've heard that Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai is ending, and of course, Ekta's shows end in the most stupidest, weirdest ways. Take Kkusum for example, she killed off the main character in the end, and left many questions unanswered. Infact, many desi shows end in the same pathetic way. Ye Meri Life Hai ended leaving many problems unsolved and Reth ended without answering the question of Shikaj's future. Apparently, desi people don't like to end stories properly, but like to create questions and confusion in the viewer's mind. However, due to the circumstances of Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, ending it (unfortunetly for all of us KYPH lovers) will be a shame, but hopefully it will end with pride unlike Kkusum, which was streched to the max with leaps and problems, and ended very dumbly. Therefore, I have devised a sort of a "theory" on the path that Ekta should take if she wants to end Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai more uniquely than she ended her other shows. Though tragic stories bring tears to all of our eyes and no one wants them, they make the story not only more interesting, but earns more praise and sucess. Take Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet for example, it is a legend! And why? Because of it's tragic ending. Now don't get me wrong, I definately don't want Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai to end this way, but I had a weird sort of a thought so I thought I'd share this with you. As we all know, Kripa thinks she's pregnant with Pritvi's child. If Ekta wants to take Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai "down Romeo & Juliet lane" than she would probably want to create more stress in Kripa's life. Unlike Romeo & Juliet however, Kripa will not fake her death so that Angad will come get her. Obviously, this is not the situation currently in the soap. Kripa should (if this story is adopted) end life not knowing that she is carrying Angad's baby. As Kripa is taking her last breath, Angad comes to her, and he learns the truth. Kripa dies proclaiming her love to Angad and Angad is in tears. Angad tells Kripa the truth about their child. Angad then will kill himself, confessing that he cannot live without Kripa. Another way to present the same ending is for Kripa to take sleeping pills of some sort, so that it will appear taht she is dead (such as the potion given to Juliet by Friar Laurence). Angad will find out she's dead (once again knowing the truth about their child) and have the intention of dying with her. As he drinks the poison however, Kripa opens her eyes and realizes her love is right there. She touches his face, but it's too late, Angad has already drank the poison and his last words are "I love you." Then, Kripa kills herself. This alternative ending is that of Luhrmann's 1996 version of Romeo + Juliet staring Leonardo DiCaprio (oo i love my Leonardo!) and Clare Danes. So, what do you guys think? Once again I hope it doesn't end this way, but it's just a thought. Tell me what you think.

<3 Mehnaz

bollywoodfan IF-Dazzler
bollywoodfan
bollywoodfan

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
its an interesting theory yaar! But because we all love kyph and angad and kripa ki jodi so much, we'd prolly want them to become one at the end but not by dying. Its true tragics are successes because they leave a heacy impression on viewers, but if KYPH ended happily, it would leave just as heavy expression so that we would always remember it even after it stops airing.

thanks for this wonderful topic; it got me thinking! Big smile Clap Clap
bollywoodbabe Groupbie
bollywoodbabe
bollywoodbabe

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Yup Interesting!! If she wants to end them end them properly so that the work you did making the whole Drama!! LOL
PuNjAbAn BaBe17 IF-Rockerz
PuNjAbAn BaBe17
PuNjAbAn BaBe17

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bollywoodbabe

Yup Interesting!! If she wants to end them end them properly so that the work you did making the whole Drama!! LOL

agree

sUgA -N- sPiCe Goldie
sUgA -N- sPiCe
sUgA -N- sPiCe

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:56am | IP Logged
did u guys noe that in Verona, Italy, u can look at the real houses of Romeo and Juliet, and there are records of them getting married?
ana1 IF-Rockerz
ana1
ana1

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged
thats cool
spoiledbrat IF-Sizzlerz
spoiledbrat
spoiledbrat

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged
ur rite
aish2 IF-Sizzlerz
aish2