Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

MARCH 25th-special Party - Page 48

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu - Singing! uh...what's that?? -Article

The time's perhaps right to give the viewers some slack! First, it's the warm weather that's having an adverse on our anatomy, and then, when after a hard day's work one looks forward to some soothing programming on the idiot box, there comes unnecessary drama and staged histrionics that makes one want to hurl something at the idiot box!

The melodrama displayed on Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Ek Main Aur Ek Tu is just a case in point!

The first thing that occured to me when I decided to pen this piece was the fact that why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly fine programme like Ek Main...Not only is the format excellent, but it's blessed with amazing singers who have more melody in them than all the others (on other channels) put together.

In the beginning the show looked like a rip off of Sony's Fame Gurukul, but in hindsight, I realised that there is more to Zee's format than what meets the eye. The jodis are decided on the basis of their singing compatibility, not their affection for one another or the lack of it! There's just one singular consideration and that's one's singing abillity and their tuning with their partner!

Leslie Lewis and Hariharan seem to gave done a great job and now it's up to the contestants to use the opportunity. What the controversy that erupted on the set on 23 March did, was drive attention away from the talent on display and bare the crude and ugly side of human sensibilities. One more thing that it did was drive the loyal Sa Re Ga Ma Pa viewer away from the show -- "Why the hell will I watch a musical show if all they show is drama???????" is what made me switch channels.

To put it very mildly, the little act that followed the last performance on this Thursday was far from 'real'. The only one who would be scarred from the whole episode will be Vishwas who decided to speak against the wild card couple on television. If there's anything called viewer sympathy...he will not win any here!

...and just because the show is looking for a jodi, it isn't necessary that the host should have his hostess too! Shaan looks positively uncomfortable and frankly the 'duet' jokes just don't work!

This is to the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa team -- Take a break...or better still.... Reality TV,...take a break!

This article says it all just what I was saying-In US will see this epi march 30th.

Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
ok party on tommorrow (march 25th)