Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

nasir khan in kasauti-interview

Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
I owe it all to my jeans (genes) and trousers: Nasir Khan
You have finally entered the Balaji camp with Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Do you see it as a right move towards a better future?
Yes, I am proud to be a part of the Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.. parivar. Balaji as a production house has good visibility and is highly popular. But I believe, if you are talented and know your job, then half the battle is won. I am not a newcomer and know most of the actors since a long time. So, there was no initial hesitation. The bottomline — I am enjoying my work.

And what about working under the controversial task-master, Ekta Kapoor?
Well, we all are professionals and think she is a good person.

The Kyunki Saas... serial is again taking a 20-year leap. Will you be part of the family then?
I really don't know. It all depends on the script and the director. Even if it does, I have no qualms about playing older characters. Right now I am playing a father in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, it's not just the salt and pepper look but a mature character — providing me with an opportunity to display my versatility.

Any other future plans?
I am working on television for more than a decade and my repertoire has been quite full. Right now, I would love to do a game show. Frankly, apart from Sajid Khan and Shekhar Suman, no one has the attitude and talent to capture the viewers attention. Along with a gift of the gab, humour and connectivity with the audience are vital. They are good at their job and no surprises; Shekhar and Sajid are dominating the scene from so long. Manoj Bajpai is a brilliant actor, but he simply boomeranged as an anchor. Same goes for Madhavan.

Do you think you have the potential to carry a show alone on your shoulders?
Well, I certainly believe so. I connect very well with people and I am equally good at interacting. You see, while acting, you never look straight at the camera. While in a game show, you look straight at the camera and interact directly to your viewers. I have inherited these traits from my father and so it comes naturally to me.

So, you owe it all to your genes?
You can call it jeans or trousers — whatever (laughs)!!

Your character Komal, in Kesar, is that of an effeminate man. Were you hesitant in accepting it and did you do any homework for it?
I believe in the spontaneous act. Basically, I am a director's actor. It's all about flowing with the rhythm. I prefer to enjoy my work, rather than have a serious approach that will ultimately be stressful for me. I read and understand my character in the required scene and there I go — ready to face the camera. And why should I be hesitant, isn't experimentation a part of acting?It is a loveable character and the feedback from the viewers has been quite positive.

Baghban happened almost three years ago. Why didn't you take another film offer?
Yeah, I got busy with serials plus I didn't get an exciting offer again. But I have signed a film Do aur Do Paanch, where one can see me in a wee bit role and a song with Salman Khan. That's it

.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
thanks for posting
~aashka~rocks~ IF-Dazzler
~aashka~rocks~
~aashka~rocks~

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Thank you!
Pori IF-Dazzler
Pori
Pori

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Hes gona play a father's role??? Confused Confused .. i mean whose father is he gona be?? Sharad??? or is he takin the place of Anuragh Angry Cry Cry..... Plzz tell me cuz um realli confused....
ionia Senior Member
ionia
ionia

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
He is Tanisha's dad
hamzy IF-Dazzler
hamzy
hamzy

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 1:03am | IP Logged
thx for the info

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top