Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

New article about amey

gigishah Senior Member
gigishah
gigishah

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

Amey Date's supporters in Mumbai demand ban on "Indian Idol"

Mumbai: Supporters of Amey Date, the voted out contestant of a realty TV show "Indian Idol" in which audiences selects singer through voting process, have condemned the decision of voting out Date.

While protesting against the voting system of the programme, Date's supporters, said that he was voted out in spite of bagging a good amount of vote in his favour.

They alleged that there was no transparency in the voting system of the channel.

"They should disclose the votes, they are saying that they have disclosed the votes on website whereas I just saw on net that there is no kind of vote displayed on website. It is an injustice to each and every Indian Idol. I just want to say that ban Indian Idol and ban all reality shows, these are just crap," said Jimit Shah, a supporter of Amey Date.

Amey Date was happy to see the support in favour of him but said that he will not go back to the same platform even if the channel calls him back.

" When I joined Indian Idol I thought that I may win or I may lose because every time a person cannot win his luck. I have lost today but I think that it is more than winning the contest because the love which I am getting now from people I might not have got if I would have won the India Idol," Date said.

Even judges Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik were also not happy with the decision and they walked out soon after the result was announced. Amey was voted out against another contestant Anuj Sharma.

Amey Date's life has revolved around music for the last 15 years since the time he accepted the tutelage of Suresh Wadkar. He was then five years old and was inspired by his mother and his elder sister to sing on stage.

Amey has also learnt to play the harmonium, the tabla and the sarod and has been, for the last seven years, performing on stage with Suresh Wadkar, OP Nayyar and Usha Mangeshkar.

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gigishah

Amey Date's supporters in Mumbai demand ban on "Indian Idol"

Mumbai: Supporters of Amey Date, the voted out contestant of a realty TV show "Indian Idol" in which audiences selects singer through voting process, have condemned the decision of voting out Date.

While protesting against the voting system of the programme, Date's supporters, said that he was voted out in spite of bagging a good amount of vote in his favour.

They alleged that there was no transparency in the voting system of the channel.

"They should disclose the votes, they are saying that they have disclosed the votes on website whereas I just saw on net that there is no kind of vote displayed on website. It is an injustice to each and every Indian Idol. I just want to say that ban Indian Idol and ban all reality shows, these are just crap," said Jimit Shah, a supporter of Amey Date.

Amey Date was happy to see the support in favour of him but said that he will not go back to the same platform even if the channel calls him back.

" When I joined Indian Idol I thought that I may win or I may lose because every time a person cannot win his luck. I have lost today but I think that it is more than winning the contest because the love which I am getting now from people I might not have got if I would have won the India Idol," Date said.

Even judges Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik were also not happy with the decision and they walked out soon after the result was announced. Amey was voted out against another contestant Anuj Sharma.

Amey Date's life has revolved around music for the last 15 years since the time he accepted the tutelage of Suresh Wadkar. He was then five years old and was inspired by his mother and his elder sister to sing on stage.

Amey has also learnt to play the harmonium, the tabla and the sarod and has been, for the last seven years, performing on stage with Suresh Wadkar, OP Nayyar and Usha Mangeshkar.

Completely agree with them.

VAGURL Senior Member
VAGURL
VAGURL

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Amey has already accepted his loss and he doesnt want any tamasha..so the supporters should think about what Amey wants as well.
Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged
well I am on both isdes I mean I want AMey to come back and I respect his decision as well.Anyways thanks a lot for sharing! Smile
J_K_C Senior Member
J_K_C
J_K_C

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Tani91

well I am on both isdes I mean I want AMey to come back and I respect his decision as well.Anyways thanks a lot for sharing! Smile

that's exactly how I feel... but u know his elimination was such a big injustice that I'm not going to watch Indial Idol anymore... even though I love Karu and would now want him to win but I can't support and watch a show that has made a joke out of talent and has played with emotions and LIVES of the such excellent singers (on top of the list:Amey)... and not to mention the emotions of the millions of music lovers all around the world...it just pathetic!!

Edited by J_K_C - 19 March 2006 at 11:49am
rupika182 Goldie
rupika182
rupika182

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top