Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

interview of rekha modi(about tulsi)

shrutibali IF-Rockerz
shrutibali
shrutibali

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

'The police slapped me': Rekha Modi

will the Kyunki... dialogue-writer Rekha Modi be retained by Balaji Telefilms? Or will she be shown the door? That's what everybody wants to know. At the time of posting, Rekha herself is apparentlyunaware. "I had a meeting with Ekta Kapoor last night. But I can't tell you where I am headed for," she says in a voice quivering with emotion.

"I don't know why Smriti did this to me. I am flummoxed. She was a dear friend. Anyway, now I think that she never was a friend."Could she rewind, that is, if we aren't rubbing salt into her wounds?

A long sigh and Modi says, "It was fine on the first day when I went to the police station. Jeetendra had come to the station and said that I was a brilliant writer and I should be allowed to go. The cops said that I should return the next day at 8.30 am.

If Smriti had started suspecting me, she should have at least told me. We could have thrashed it out amongst ourselves. I would have explained to her that I was innocent."But why did Smriti suspect her? "I don't know. The cops were following the mobile bills. If I call you eight times in a day, does that mean that I threatened you?

Rashmi Kapadia was equally baffling. I questioned him as to what I had told him to tell Smriti on phone. He had no answer to that. The cops were shielding him. When I tried talking to them, I was slapped. I told them that I had a weak eyesight but nobody listened. Rather they said Acha? Acha? I was told that I should confess that I had done it. The whole attitude of the police had changed on the second day," Modi offered.

Modi says that the friction arose in their dosti when Smriti started interfering in the Kyunki... script. "She had lot of
problems when Gauri Pradhan entered the show. She thought Gauri was getting lots of importance.

Then Smriti had problems with Rakshanda Khan's entry. Her interference with the script increased.

Once the lines were changed to suit her convenience. When Ekta learnt about it, she told me to pass on the message to her that she should stay away from the lines.

I passed it on to her, albeit lightly. From that day, her entire attitude changed towards me. I think passing that message was the biggest mistake of my life. But I never dreamt that it would come to such a pass," Modi continued.

Its' being said that professional rivalry led to the ugly incident. "Smriti and I are not rivals," Modi clarified, adding,
"In fact I was so worried when suddenly one day she told everyone that she was not going to do the 20-year leap in Kyunki.... After few days she said that she had played a joke on us, because she wanted to find out who are her real friends. Subsequently she told me that only I was her true friend because only I had kept calling her and persuading her to change her decision. She sent me an SMS in this regard and I still have that SMS."

"I am shattered. But God is great. The Court will decide. Jeet Sach Ki Hogi," Modi signed off.

Getting across to Smriti Z Iraani was our duty. When contacted, the Virani parivaar bahu would only say, "Let her say whatever she wants. I have not suspected her. The cops have enough evidence. I do not wish to get into unsubstantiated arguments. My torture continues; she is going on saying so many things all around."

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing

what the heck is going onConfused

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
thanks
angel_gurl29 Groupbie
angel_gurl29
angel_gurl29

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
ya wat the hell is going on..?????
nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
thnx for sharing!
Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Seems like the story of another serial is being spinnned..!Tongue
shrutibali IF-Rockerz
shrutibali
shrutibali

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
is that why gauri pradhan was written off the script(this whole coma business) because tulsi didnt want her to take the limelight??????
AASHISH_IN Goldie
AASHISH_IN
AASHISH_IN

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by angel_gurl29

ya wat the hell is going on..?????

Confused too or its just publicity stunt.Tongue

Neways, thanx for info n sharing. 

Go to top