jayeeta2006 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Janhavi Samant
[ Friday, April 30, 2004 02:32:09 pmTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]
< id=fr1024 title=Advertisement name=fr1024 align=center marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=1024" Border=0 width=250 scrolling=no height=18></>
RSS Feeds| SMS NEWS to 8888 for latest updates

doweshowbellyad=0;
Now that she's no longer playing Parvati, Saakshi Tanwar talks about her future plans.

She's dressed in the usual gear – saree , bindi , bangles and so on for the shoot. But the real Saakshi Tanwar prefers the capris and bright kurta that hang on the dressing room wall.

She's just a career girl, who loves going to the disco or meeting up with friends but too busy to go to the parlour, to marry or to even campaign for the elections.

Her recent brief absence from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki (KGGK) and the following image revamp prompted us to ask her a few questions:

How is it that you have stayed away from the elections?

There were several reasons. But it is not because I have any aversion to politics. The main reason was that I really didn't have time. Due to KGGK and Devi and other projects, I shoot for 10-12 hours everyday all month.

I was approached by all political parties to campaign. But I also know that their offer was not because of my capabilities as a leader but because of the image I portray. There is a certain credibility to Parvati. But Parvati and Saakshi are not the same person. If I ever join a political party, it'll be because of what I am and can do. In any case, if ever I wanted to do social work, it'd be on a one-to-one level.

So how do you feel about your one-week holiday from KGGK? How did your fans take it?

I have never felt so important in my life before. While I was away from KGGK, so many people called and SMSed that the soap wasn't the same without me.

Everyone kept asking me, "What happens to Parvati now?" My mother was so curious but I had been told not to reveal the twist.

Ekta Kapoor's wanted to give my character a new lease. Parvati had started to jade. She was a nice, good bahu. She fought for her family but there were limitations to her role.

So Ekta thought of replacing Parvati and introducing me as Swati Dikshit, a young family friend, who eventually grows close to Parvati's daughter. I am happy. I played Parvati for more than 3 years and am raring to play someone else.

So what kind of roles are you open to?

Bizarre, abstract roles. I'm dying to do a role where I don't have to wear layers of make-up and yards of saree. I want to experiment. I have now rescheduled my dates so that I can act in one stand alone story or a thriller a month. There is also a digital film in the pipeline.

When are you going to become a nice, good bahu in real life?

My mom keeps asking me the same thing. I really haven't had time to think about marriage. Yes, eventually I do want to marry. But when I do, I want to give it my 100 per cent.

Right now, marriage is not on my must-do list. I just have the usual expectations from marriage. I want a normal man who not only loves me but also respects me.

Tell us something about Saakshi that no one knows.

I love dancing. I have not studied dance but the minute I hear a beat, I am swinging. It's like a nasha . After a hard working day, I just come home, switch on the music and start dancing. Since I live alone in Mumbai, it's easy enough. Really, I'd love to do a sexy music video too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~aashka~rocks~ thumbnail
Thanx!
it kinda old though!
mz.Bollywood thumbnail
I would neva imagen pravithi with kerprease!! its hard any ways were does she live? 😆