Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

u ppl shud stop callin FG bad names cuz.. (Page 2)

pateh23 Senior Member
pateh23
pateh23

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
fg was a good show so in ii

ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
wonderful things about FG

1.JUDGES Clap THE BEST.especially javed saab.

2. FORMAT.singers who sang well were saved by judges.the faculty could also save a singer(in danger zone) if he/she had potential.
    the student vote out was to add the drama(expose us to human frailities and weeknesses).Did wonders for TRPS too
3.SINGERS....def singers all including the very wonderful qazi...no one but no one improved so much in a matter of weeks.Just as We are happy now for sandeep....all of us were very proud of qazi too.but I Heart ARIJIT.

4.5 nights of total entertainment.illa ma'am,prashant sir,the pretty padma ma'am.great fun.
        no show since has got trps like FG since.we loved FG.
ani11 IF-Sizzlerz
ani11
ani11

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ankita31

2. FORMAT.singers who sang well were saved by judges.the faculty could also save a singer(in danger zone) if he/she had potential.
    the student vote out was to add the drama(expose us to human frailities and weeknesses).Did wonders for TRPS too
3.SINGERS....def singers all including the very wonderful qazi...no one but no one improved so much in a matter of weeks.Just as We are happy now for sandeep....all of us were very proud of qazi too.but I Heart ARIJIT.

4.5 nights of total entertainment.illa ma'am,prashant sir,the pretty padma ma'am.great fun.

Clap

ticks Goldie
ticks
ticks

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:57pm | IP Logged

hmmmmmm.....  I have a soft spot for FG vs SRGMP or II.

It was a very well balanced show when it came to saving contestants.

1) Judges had a say

(The Judges were balanced too, Javed Akhtar as veteran who has worked with legends and knows the showbiz world inside out, Shankar a musician par excellence and a Music director whose work is admirable and has a great insight to world and Indian music, and  KK )

2) Contestants had a say (Here, we could analyse how a contestant would act when s/he becomes a judge one day and is on the judges seat, is he fair in dealings)

3) Faculty had a say (Ila Arun, a pioneer to popularise Folk in indi-pop, a theatre artist, so has both singing and acting exposure, Prashant sir a famed famed vocal trainer from SRA Kolkata, Padma maam to polish up the raw talent in the academy)

(they even had a yoga teacher,  psychiatrist Dr.Anjali Chhabria , and the famous cheoreographer Bosco and Ceasar)

4) Audience had a say.

Also, we got to see the personality traits of the contestants...who was honest who was a politician who was a cry-baby, who had the traits of a WINNER... So, judgement was not just based on vocal cords but also on overall growth of the contestant from when they came to what they learnt to who was working hard, who was absorbing the most as a student. And we also saw the nok-jhoks,,it was like one big family out there..

Unlike other shows where ONLY Audience have a say.

I feel Fame Gurukul was a much tougher competition than the other shows, where 24 hours one was monitored, so that tested not only their vocal chords but also their mental strengths to handle showbiz, negativity, backbiting etc. Its like audiences had formed a personal bond with these contestants. The other SHOWS may have all these groomings, but since its off-camera, we cant identify that much.

And Last but not the least I am proud of Qazi also, who was actually very raw when he came and the way he changed and groomed himself with the acedemy's help is indeed "Kabile tareef"! For this I have to thank the intelligent audience who gave him the chance. At the end of the show even his random "bak baks" became a bit polished though it was still dil se.

No wonder Arijit, Mona, Shamit, Rex, Kirti, Ruprekha, Qazi etc are all doing so well..Lets see how Arpita, Monika, Sandeep does...I am happy that most contestants are going well. Kirti has sung a good song in Rafta Rafta..

check it out. http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H001029.html

Edited by ticks - 18 March 2006 at 8:11pm
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the link to Kirti's song!
ticks Goldie
ticks
ticks

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:08pm | IP Logged

Clap

Originally posted by ankita31

I agree..ClapClap

I like II and SRGMP too...   but for FG I have a soft spot Smile

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
FG ROCKSSSSSSSSs...
My Chotu(Arijit), Shamu, Mona, and Rexy ROCK !!!

Big smile
avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
I like all these shows. all have dif significants. As ii, i like the friendly atitude of contestents, in SERG all 12 contestents were very good singers, don't like judges' politics. But FG, it is someting dif. it expose the charecteristics of a contestent. wat he is as a human being. but this show has the most of the opportunity for a singer to develop, as they r practicing under supervision of trained singers. when someone is in denger jone they got extra time to practice

Go to top