Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

I owe it all to my jeans (genes)

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:41am | IP Logged
I owe it all to my jeans (genes) and trousers: Nasir Khan
You have finally entered the Balaji camp with Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Do you see it as a right move towards a better future?
Yes, I am proud to be a part of the Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.. parivar. Balaji as a production house has good visibility and is highly popular. But I believe, if you are talented and know your job, then half the battle is won. I am not a newcomer and know most of the actors since a long time. So, there was no initial hesitation. The bottomline — I am enjoying my work.

And what about working under the controversial task-master, Ekta Kapoor?
Well, we all are professionals and think she is a good person.

The Kyunki Saas... serial is again taking a 20-year leap. Will you be part of the family then?
I really don't know. It all depends on the script and the director. Even if it does, I have no qualms about playing older characters. Right now I am playing a father in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, it's not just the salt and pepper look but a mature character — providing me with an opportunity to display my versatility.

Any other future plans?
I am working on television for more than a decade and my repertoire has been quite full. Right now, I would love to do a game show. Frankly, apart from Sajid Khan and Shekhar Suman, no one has the attitude and talent to capture the viewers attention. Along with a gift of the gab, humour and connectivity with the audience are vital. They are good at their job and no surprises; Shekhar and Sajid are dominating the scene from so long. Manoj Bajpai is a brilliant actor, but he simply boomeranged as an anchor. Same goes for Madhavan.

Do you think you have the potential to carry a show alone on your shoulders?
Well, I certainly believe so. I connect very well with people and I am equally good at interacting. You see, while acting, you never look straight at the camera. While in a game show, you look straight at the camera and interact directly to your viewers. I have inherited these traits from my father and so it comes naturally to me.

So, you owe it all to your genes?
You can call it jeans or trousers — whatever (laughs)!!

Your character Komal, in Kesar, is that of an effeminate man. Were you hesitant in accepting it and did you do any homework for it?
I believe in the spontaneous act. Basically, I am a director's actor. It's all about flowing with the rhythm. I prefer to enjoy my work, rather than have a serious approach that will ultimately be stressful for me. I read and understand my character in the required scene and there I go — ready to face the camera. And why should I be hesitant, isn't experimentation a part of acting?It is a loveable character and the feedback from the viewers has been quite positive.

Baghban happened almost three years ago. Why didn't you take another film offer?
Yeah, I got busy with serials plus I didn't get an exciting offer again. But I have signed a film Do aur Do Paanch, where one can see me in a wee bit role and a song with Salman Khan. That's it!
By Televisionpoint.com Team
< code="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="18" width="102"> < name="movie" value="http://www.televisionpoint.com/images/top.swf"> < name="quality" value="high"> < src="http://www.televisionpoint.com/images/top.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="18" width="102"> </>

Immie Goldie
Immie
Immie

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged
thanx.... is he the one who plays Abhishek role?????
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:55am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Lady In Pink IF-Rockerz
Lady In Pink
Lady In Pink

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing Sukhi di.

Iv found both the abhisheks quite boring.(Im NOT talking abt abhishek bachan Tongue )

Immie, yep hes the one who plays abhishek Smile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top