India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Binaca geet mala... (Page 4)

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
A gentleman to the core, witty comebacks and wisecracks were his style, without getting vulgur or cheap.

About six months back, while flipping thru the radio FM channels at night, on way back home, I happened to catch his voice on that show. It was an old interview of Naushad which he replayed and then had clips of different interviews of Naushad during the years. I got hooked to it and would try to catch that show regularly.

I think they have changed the timings of the show, for I dont seem to get it these days Embarrassed

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Old is definitely Gold! Smile
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
AD, Its a show on Red FM, in Bombay it comes at 9 at night. Not sure if it is the same all over India

Ameen Sayani, Mumbai
Radio Jockey - Radio Commercials - Master of Ceremonies - Consultant - Founder Member ASCI

Ameen Sayani is perhaps the best known voice of India. He has completed over 60 years in radio!

Ameen was initiated into radio at the age of seven by his brother, veteran broadcaster late Hameed Sayani, another great talent.

Of course, what most listeners cannot forget is his Behnon aur bhaiyon! refrain on Geetmala. The programme was awarded the Radio Campaign of the Century award by the Advertising Club of Bombay in 1999. And it is the only show to have set up listeners' radio clubs that contribute to the song ratings. These clubs are sought to be revived now that the programme is back on air.

Very few people would be knowing that Ameen has also worked in the marketing Department of Tata Oil Mills Ltd. during 1960-62 as Brand Executive looking after Hamam, New Jai, etc.

The man whose strength lies in his voice and delivery says the secret of good broadcasting lies in not sounding like one were reading from a prepared script. "Apart from having a command over the spoken language, an announcer needs to sound like he were addressing each listener individually," he says.

Has been on several jury panels for judging excellence in advertising and communication in radio, TV, cinema and press – with the Advertising Club (Bombay), the Radio & TV Advertising Practitioners' Association of India, the Indian Academy of Advertising and Film Arts, the Dubai Chapter of the
International Advertising Association, the Dubai Media City's IBDAA Awards.

Ameen has produced over 54,000 programmes and 19,000 commercials, a fact that is also recorded in the Limca Book of Records. He has also contributed immensely to radio in the USA, Canada, UK, UAE, Swaziland, Mauritius, South Africa, Fiji and New Zealand, apart from India and Sri Lanka.

And today he also hosts a show on Red FM today where his counterparts are in still their 20s. Need we say more about his popularity?
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
MUMBAI: Known as the voice of the Indian radio Ameen Sayani will now be heard more on 93.5 Red FM as his show Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil will now be four times a week – from Sunday to Wednesday at 9:00 pm.

The increased frequency of this programme is due to an over whelming public demand.

Sayani's charisma will now continue to enthrall 93.5 Red FM listeners across Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata with interviews, contemporary views, choicest songs and a voice that is the cynosure of every household across the country. His signature style has been instrumental in making Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil the No.1 programme during weekends on all FM radio stations as per a survey conducted by Development and Research Services (DRS) in June 2003.

Speaking on Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil Sayani said, "This programme reflects some of the nicest work I've done. I'm delighted that the show has received positive feedback from RED FM listeners across all age groups."

93.5 Red FM is delighted with the response to Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil. Talking about the increased exposure of Sayani, 93.5 Red FM COO Nishchint Chawla said, "We've always believed Ameen Sayani is the No.1 RJ and should be on the No.1 station."

Sayani has won numerous awards for his contribution to Indian media, including the Golden Abby Award for Outstanding Radio Campaign of the Century (Binaca/Cibaca Geetmala) in 2000 and the prestigious ISA Gold Medal for Contribution to Advertising in 1991.
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Not a couch potato. If my friends weren't having Boards, then I'd be out playing cricket all day Cry

Actually, I do have a pencil-thin radio..those chinese makes. Unfortunately, it's broken Tongue

chinese radio...awww...what did u expect...did it ever work to start with???Wink

uncnqrd Groupbie
uncnqrd
uncnqrd

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Oh my god... i grew up listenin to my dad ravin abt it !
wow.. u have a done a great job compilin that
i wonder if i can find all those songs online????
my dad wud b thrilled to get everythin on a cd !

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

MUMBAI: Known as the voice of the Indian radio Ameen Sayani will now be heard more on 93.5 Red FM as his show Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil will now be four times a week – from Sunday to Wednesday at 9:00 pm.

The increased frequency of this programme is due to an over whelming public demand.

Sayani's charisma will now continue to enthrall 93.5 Red FM listeners across Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata with interviews, contemporary views, choicest songs and a voice that is the cynosure of every household across the country. His signature style has been instrumental in making Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil the No.1 programme during weekends on all FM radio stations as per a survey conducted by Development and Research Services (DRS) in June 2003.

Speaking on Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil Sayani said, "This programme reflects some of the nicest work I've done. I'm delighted that the show has received positive feedback from RED FM listeners across all age groups."

93.5 Red FM is delighted with the response to Sangeet Ke Sitaron Ki Mehfil. Talking about the increased exposure of Sayani, 93.5 Red FM COO Nishchint Chawla said, "We've always believed Ameen Sayani is the No.1 RJ and should be on the No.1 station."

Sayani has won numerous awards for his contribution to Indian media, including the Golden Abby Award for Outstanding Radio Campaign of the Century (Binaca/Cibaca Geetmala) in 2000 and the prestigious ISA Gold Medal for Contribution to Advertising in 1991.

Wish I could hear it...unfortunately they wont have it on air here in UAE...but we have good FM stations here which play good Hindi film music...so u dont miss home ...atleast not when u are in the carSmile

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by uncnqrd

Oh my god... i grew up listenin to my dad ravin abt it !
wow.. u have a done a great job compilin that
i wonder if i can find all those songs online????
my dad wud b thrilled to get everythin on a cd !

I would be thrilled to have a CD of all those songs too...problem is I am too lazy to download...wish I could get it off the shelf!!!

Go to top