India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is marriage the end of acting for Bollywo

sawariyah Senior Member
sawariyah
sawariyah

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:59am | IP Logged

Madhuri DixitIs marriage the end of acting for Bollywood belles?
17th Mar 2006  22.20 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh  

The fact is that the actresses who tie the nuptial knot snap their ties to tinsel town and go into hibernation, at least for a good number of years.

May be it is not the male chauvinism of their husbands but conscious decisions on the part of these actresses to shun acting in films after marriage and to rather bask in familial bliss. Either way it is the loss of Hindi film industry when an actress ties the knot and bids goodbye to the silver screen.

We know how Madhuri Dixit gave up her career when it was at a new peak following Devdaas . We have seen Twinkle Khanna quitting Bollywood for an altogether different profession of interior designing after she got hitched to Akshay Kumar . And we still miss the stunning Kajol who could really have gone places had she not shut the door on Bollywood after her marriage to Ajay Devgan .

And now when the rumours are afloat that
Ayesha Takia might marry her beau Farhaan in the coming months, if not weeks, the busty belle has gone ahead and declared with lan that she would quit acting after her marriage. However, she makes it clear that marriage is not in the offing for her and these rumour are just gossiptalk.

"I will quit films when I marry. I will not be able to manage a career and my home. I will never juggle the two," Ayesha is quoted in a media report.

To her credit, Ayesha has fared very well in the tinsel town so far. And she has in her kitty some challenging projects like Naseeruddin Shah's
Yun Hota To Kya Hota and Nagesh Kukunoor's Dor .

While it may still be a long time before Ayesha gets hitched, the good news is that married actresses are slowly making a comeback to Bollywood.

Kajol is already acting in Kunal Kohli's next movie
Fanaah with Aamir Khan. Madhuri Dixit has expressed her desire to act in few selected films but hasn't signed any project yet. Hopes of Twinkle coming back are almost nil.

~~Radhika~~ IF-Dazzler
~~Radhika~~
~~Radhika~~

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:24am | IP Logged
thanks!!!
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:40am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing... Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top