India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

What is in a Rape?

Fatty Acid Senior Member
Fatty Acid
Fatty Acid

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

I'm assuming a young kid asked this question, so I think his/her parents should be the one who should explain that to him/her.

But this is an excellent question..."What is in a Rape?"

Ofcourse, let's get beneath the dictionary definition of a rape, what about the sociological, physical, spritual,metnal aspects of what's in a rape?

How does it change that person, rape is more than just the physcial violation of a woman's body.

Woud love to hear responses, especially from the excellent debaters on this forum.   Have refrained from writing in some of the debates in the past month or two, because whenever i wrote, someone had a word about it.

Dazzler23 IF-Dazzler
Dazzler23
Dazzler23

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:15am | IP Logged
I TOTALLY AGREE WID U!!!!!
BUT NEVER MIND!BACHA HAI BECHARA LOL
ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Very good question indeed!
What's in a rape? The dictionary definition is ofcourse maintaining physical contact with an individual without his permission/violating his/her personal space.

But it has tremendous impact on the person's physical and mental states as well- I do not have contact with any such person but going by the several articles I have read about all this I am sure that the victim must be totally put down by such an event happening with him/her.

It must be just crushing one's self-esteem and confidence after coming to know that you have been used and very well thrown away..
I'd like someone to carry this ahead so that I can come back with more points..

:)
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:12am | IP Logged
i agree. Rape is more than just a physical act. It is a violation of the person's mind, their body, and their soul. Rape affects a person's mental balance--I suppose it depends on the individual person, some people are never able to come out of the mental shock that someone took advantage of them an that they could not stop them. In Mukti's case, and the case of many girls who are fed the date-rape drug...it becomes more unsettling because they are less able to defend themselves as they are not in full senses. Some girls don't even know that they have been raped.

Rape is about a man exerting power over a supposedly weak female or, in some case, males). they do it to show (themselves? their friends? these women?) that they are strong and can have anything they want. It is a sad, pathetic thing that guys like Sharad have to rape girls in order to get thier momentary sexual pleasure, because they cannot hear NO from these girls. It is more a reflection on the rapist than on the victim, that they have to exert force with their victims because they cannot satisfy their sexual pleasures without it. However, it is not only or always about "losing control" or getting sexual pleasure. Sometimes people rape girls they don't even like, just to prove a point.
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged
when a perons is raped it does not just affect their here and now but in the furture as well the person will have trust issues and be unable to fully be in a relationship without the proper guidance and help their trust in the opposite sex is destroyed and not only are they affected but the people that are around them as well
Brent Senior Member
Brent
Brent

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:52am | IP Logged
fatty acid rocks!!!!!!!!!
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brent

fatty acid rocks!!!!!!!!!

LOLLOLLOLwot has that got to do wid the topic
Kanika999 Senior Member
Kanika999
Kanika999

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by psawyer

i agree. Rape is more than just a physical act. It is a violation of the person's mind, their body, and their soul. Rape affects a person's mental balance--I suppose it depends on the individual person, some people are never able to come out of the mental shock that someone took advantage of them an that they could not stop them. In Mukti's case, and the case of many girls who are fed the date-rape drug...it becomes more unsettling because they are less able to defend themselves as they are not in full senses. Some girls don't even know that they have been raped.

Rape is about a man exerting power over a supposedly weak female or, in some case, males). they do it to show (themselves? their friends? these women?) that they are strong and can have anything they want. It is a sad, pathetic thing that guys like Sharad have to rape girls in order to get thier momentary sexual pleasure, because they cannot hear NO from these girls. It is more a reflection on the rapist than on the victim, that they have to exert force with their victims because they cannot satisfy their sexual pleasures without it. However, it is not only or always about "losing control" or getting sexual pleasure. Sometimes people rape girls they don't even like, just to prove a point.

very well said!! i totally agree with u

Go to top