Kasauti Zindagi Ki

India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

after so many years together............. (Page 6)

prerna4rishav IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

thakshila smith IF-Rockerz
thakshila smith
thakshila smith

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 5:32am | IP Logged
hi hi lots of security around her. btw She is a loving guest here. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 5:46am | IP Logged
For Prerna, 'Mr. Bajaj' is an identity...not a form of adress. When she says 'Mr. Bajaj' it does not hold the same meaning as when Rishabh says 'Mr. Basu'. For her "mr. Bajaj' is the name.

I don't know if any1 of u had seen the serial Tara. In that one character falls in love with her father's friend. She loves him but still calls him 'Rohit uncle' bcoz for her it is not a form of address but an indentity of that person
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 5:54am | IP Logged
ohhh!! i remember Tara!! that was good...tara ratatata tara Embarrassed i even remember the theme!
tulip Senior Member
tulip
tulip

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:19am | IP Logged
First of all, Shweta is not Prerna. So, don't change this topic to a shweta-bashing one. neither am I interested in reading about Shweta's sri lanka trip in THIS topic. Let's talk about the question- why prerna calls her husband as Mr Bajaj.

Alrite! this seems to be another topic, where non-indians have made a mountain out of a molehill due to their lack of knowledge about India and Indian traditions.

It is an established norm in north india to call ur husband as 'aap'..a sign of respect. It is also said that it is sin to address ur husband with his first name. U r NOT supposed to take first name of ur husband!!!! Otherwise u'll go to hell(that's what they say!) A new bahu, after entering the household, if starts calling her husband with his first name, there'll be havoc in the house. Being a north-Indian, I know this. A lot of my relatives (especially senior ladies) address their husbands as 'aap', not tum, and avoid taking their first names, as a rule. This is not just limited to only north. Last yr my cousin got married to a maharashtrian girl. In the wedding, they had some game which is played in every maha. wedding, where the bride and groom have to take each other's name in a song. It is like a big deal..to take first name of ur hubby..not an every-day thing, across India.
I know it is weird, but that's our traditional way. Those who read Mr Sharma Boli of mid-day, will recall that Mrs Sharma refers to her hubby as Mr Sharma, nobody knows his first name. In traditional serials, you'll not see a Seeta calling her husband as 'hi Ram', she'll refer to him as- "Swami", "Aryaputra" "Rajan(King)". -anything but his first name Big smile

You'll not find khandaani north indian wives calling their husbands with first names. They will speak the way prerna speaks.
Also, prerna always refers to her hubby , in his absence as 'woh' 'unhone' 'unka'...avoiding to take name. That's the way it is supposed to be. Even while speaking to him, she uses 'aap'...which is sweet.

To say that it is due to age difference or lack of love...well if you r saying that all the traditional indian married couples hv age difference and lack of love, that's a mighty erroneous statement to make! Well, but I understand it is not ur fault, just lack of knowledge about Indian culture.
karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by thakshila smith

we call some very familier or close one in the first name .
    She calls every time Anurag Anurag Anurag.Not Basu. She can't accept Anurag but her tounge accept it. as a very familier fellow. I do not think ekta is doing it purposly. Prerna can't forget her close friend. Sorry bajaj fans. The wolf is wolf even he changes his coat. Prerna knows it better.

your posts sux Dead

even a liar is liar

karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tulip

First of all, Shweta is not Prerna. So, don't change this topic to a shweta-bashing one. neither am I interested in reading about Shweta's sri lanka trip in THIS topic. Let's talk about the question- why prerna calls her husband as Mr Bajaj.

Alrite! this seems to be another topic, where non-indians have made a mountain out of a molehill due to their lack of knowledge about India and Indian traditions.

It is an established norm in north india to call ur husband as 'aap'..a sign of respect. It is also said that it is sin to address ur husband with his first name. U r NOT supposed to take first name of ur husband!!!! Otherwise u'll go to hell(that's what they say!) A new bahu, after entering the household, if starts calling her husband with his first name, there'll be havoc in the house. Being a north-Indian, I know this. A lot of my relatives (especially senior ladies) address their husbands as 'aap', not tum, and avoid taking their first names, as a rule. This is not just limited to only north. Last yr my cousin got married to a maharashtrian girl. In the wedding, they had some game which is played in every maha. wedding, where the bride and groom have to take each other's name in a song. It is like a big deal..to take first name of ur hubby..not an every-day thing, across India.
I know it is weird, but that's our traditional way. Those who read Mr Sharma Boli of mid-day, will recall that Mrs Sharma refers to her hubby as Mr Sharma, nobody knows his first name. In traditional serials, you'll not see a Seeta calling her husband as 'hi Ram', she'll refer to him as- "Swami", "Aryaputra" "Rajan(King)". -anything but his first name Big smile

You'll not find khandaani north indian wives calling their husbands with first names. They will speak the way prerna speaks.
Also, prerna always refers to her hubby , in his absence as 'woh' 'unhone' 'unka'...avoiding to take name. That's the way it is supposed to be. Even while speaking to him, she uses 'aap'...which is sweet.

To say that it is due to age difference or lack of love...well if you r saying that all the traditional indian married couples hv age difference and lack of love, that's a mighty erroneous statement to make! Well, but I understand it is not ur fault, just lack of knowledge about Indian culture.

way to go tulip!!!superb postClap

ionia Senior Member
ionia
ionia

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Well, nice one Tulip. Well-explained but a bit skewed as usual. I still find it artificial though...how Prerna calls her husband "Mr. Bajaj". AND I agree its bcause of age difference and its also a form of identity. U still think most middle class Indians call their husbands by their last name? Which century are u living? Sorry but its not normal for a married couple in today's age to refer to each other as "Aap". Don't get me wrong I luv the character of Bajaj, he is truely awesume.

But there are two reasons y I think AP couple is better than BP couple. First, I think Mr. Bajaj is too dashing for prerna. Prerna has always been a bit of an idiot, and she has a habit of misjudging everyone. I don't think she is good enough for Mr. Bajaj and Mr. Bajaj has to babysit her most of the time. In fact he has been babysitting her for 20 years. Poor man. Their relationship is not equal. Bajaj has a better sense of judgement and more intelligence than Prerna. Sorry, guys may b thats y I had never seen much chemistry between Prerna and Mr. Bajaj. Bajaj can do a lot better. THere are far more sensible and far more intelligent women out there who would be more appropriate for Bajaj. In this modern INDIA, I think it is imperative to have an equal relationship between a man and a woman.I am sorry but in real life I don't see a character like Bajaj falling for Prerna but on the other hand many prerna's have crushes on real life Bajaj's.

The second reason is I think Anu-Prerna has an equal relationship. He is the boy-next door, a bit of an idiot and has an tendency to screw up his happiness. But overall, with a good heart. In that relationship, Prerna has an equal say. Infact she can beat him up for all that matters LOL . So she calls him "Anurag". Besides there isn't a lot of age difference. They have similar maturity level and are messed up enough to deserve each other. THey have a chemistry because well in real life Anurags do fall in luv with Prernas. They complement each other while Mr. Bajaj has to look after Prerna. I can picture Mr. Bajaj with a truely dashing women.......but umm.....not with Prerna. Prerna is a very strong character but umm....not good-enough for Bajaj.

Go to top