Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

   
Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Sonu,Farah,Anu made a BIG mistake

Poll Question: Yes

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [59.38%]
4 [6.25%]
22 [34.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

swordfishh IF-Dazzler
swordfishh
swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005
Posts: 3014

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 8:43pm | IP Logged

It was quite natural for the judges to walk out on Amey Date's ouster from Indian Idol.... But I think they and everyone else made a mistake by indirectly criticising Anuj Sharma .....

The Indian Audience is a little wierdConfused... They vote for people whom the judges criticise the most.... Remember Ravindra Ravi... Jolly Das.... Qazi??

So now.... With so much of criticism... The Indian audience is sure to make Anuj Sharma the Indian Idol.... He will get all the sympathy votes....Ouch

I am sorry Anuj fans... But I don't think he is a worthy candidate...

And I think Tuesday's mess was a BIG MISTAKE just increasing Anuj's chances of becoming Indian Idol...

 

PS: I made a mistake while typing out the poll.... The question is

" Did they make a big mistake?"

Pls take the "Maybe" option as "Yes"



Edited by swordfishh - 17 March 2006 at 8:54pm

qazi_luv IF-Rockerz
qazi_luv
qazi_luv

Joined: 08 October 2005
Posts: 6691

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swordfishh

It was quite natural for the judges to walk out on Amey Date's ouster from Indian Idol.... But I think they and everyone else made a mistake by indirectly criticising Anuj Sharma .....

The Indian Audience is a little wierdConfused... They vote for people whom the judges criticise the most.... Remember Ravindra Ravi... Jolly Das.... Qazi??

So now.... With so much of criticism... The Indian audience is sure to make Anuj Sharma the Indian Idol.... He will get all the sympathy votes....Ouch

I am sorry Anuj fans... But I don't think he is a worthy candidate...

And I think Tuesday's mess was a BIG MISTAKE just increasing Anuj's chances of becoming Indian Idol...

 

PS: I made a mistake while typing out the poll.... The question is

" Did they make a big mistake?"

Pls take the "Maybe" option as "Yes"

U noe wat FG Judges hav never criticized anyone ever...Even if the mattes is qazi..they only say u hav not sang well and are in the danger zone...temme once if you know when they have criticized him....I'm sure u wont find any...Embarrassed

swordfishh IF-Dazzler
swordfishh
swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005
Posts: 3014

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
By criticism I mean... Criticising the singing...
Qazi was certainly not the best singer... Thats why he was in the danger zone most of the times.... And the audience saved him insipte of the judges saying he is not such a good singer.... Maybe he was voted in everytime because of his screen presence...
But what about Jolly Das and Ravindra Ravi? They kept getting sympathy votes...
sonu_nigamfan IF-Rockerz
sonu_nigamfan
sonu_nigamfan

Joined: 25 December 2005
Posts: 5786

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Yeah I am scared tht will happen too.But we can preven that by voting all we can 4 Karunya. Tongue
ticks Goldie
ticks
ticks

Joined: 02 January 2006
Posts: 1818

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by swordfishh

By criticism I mean... Criticising the singing...
Qazi was certainly not the best singer... Thats why he was in the danger zone most of the times.... And the audience saved him insipte of the judges saying he is not such a good singer.... Maybe he was voted in everytime because of his screen presence...
But what about Jolly Das and Ravindra Ravi? They kept getting sympathy votes...

 

Not only screen presence but also his dances, moves, and his go-getting never say die attitude and confidence (the belief that I CAN DO IT!).

Also, as for me as an audience I saw his honesty and improvement every in each and every performance. Also, his sincerity and immense honesty came across in his performances. When on stage he gave a part his soul to the audience in me and even if it was flawed. Flawed ART entertains me as much as an perfect rendition too..

Audience perhaps are becoming more liberal these days and non-conformists and are open to more sounds (raspy, nasal, sweet, scheerchy, off-tune, in-tune, various beats etc) they seem love it all..., perhaps globalisation and googlelisation is changing the perceptions also.

They are not satified by a mere rendition of a song they need more..They perhaps are also looking for role models in these ICONs.

Perhaps the audiences connected with his flawed voice which gave an human element to it, as well as his packaging and presentation of his ART as a total experience. Perhaps, audiences enjoyed his performance as a whole, without being obssessed over the technical perfections of the voice, coz we see it on stage or on TV!

Atleast I did enjoy his entertaining performances!But alas as an NRI i could not vote for him.Cry

The Judges and some protestors dont seem to reconcile to this fact as yet.. But it will set-in soon!

Yes, when a song is recorded in a recording room then the case is different, Voice quality and recording techniques and composition matters.  But then again today Chota B (Abhishekh)'s Hip-hop and Himeshji's Nasal voice in Sufi-rock along with our traditional QaWaalli-Mujra Kajre number is a success in popular music scenario. I say GEMMME MORE!!!

gEveryone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to dark place where it leads.h -> Erica Jong



Edited by ticks - 17 March 2006 at 11:16pm
swordfishh IF-Dazzler
swordfishh
swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005
Posts: 3014

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ticks

Not only screen presence but also his dances, moves, and his go-getting never say die attitude and confidence (the belief that I CAN DO IT!).

Also, as for me as an audience I saw his honesty and improvement every in each and every performance. Also, his sincerity and immense honesty came across in his performances. When on stage he gave a part his soul to the audience in me and even if it was flawed. Flawed ART entertains me as much as an perfect rendition too..

Audience perhaps are becoming more liberal these days and non-conformists and are open to more sounds (raspy, nasal, sweet, scheerchy, off-tune, in-tune, various beats etc) they seem love it all..., perhaps globalisation and googlelisation is changing the perceptions also.

They are not satified by a mere rendition of a song they need more..They perhaps are also looking for role models in these ICONs.

Perhaps the audiences connected with his flawed voice which gave an human element to it, as well as his packaging and presentation of his ART as a total experience. Perhaps, audiences enjoyed his performance as a whole, without being obssessed over the technical perfections of the voice, coz we see it on stage or on TV!

Atleast I did enjoy his entertaining performances!But alas as an NRI i could not vote for him.Cry

The Judges and some protestors dont seem to reconcile to this fact as yet.. But it will set-in soon!

Yes, when a song is recorded in a recording room then the case is different, Voice quality and recording techniques and composition matters.  But then again today Chota B (Abhishekh)'s Hip-hop and Himeshji's Nasal voice in Sufi-rock along with our traditional QaWaalli-Mujra Kajre number is a success in popular music scenario. I say GEMMME MORE!!!

gEveryone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to dark place where it leads.h -> Erica Jong

Ok... Maybe Qazi got votes because people saw something in him which i or the judges could not see.... Possible... Maybe they were not sympathy votes after all.... Qazi is a different case altogether...

But somehow that is not my point.... My point is the sympathy votes... The judges are not fools.... When they do criticise a singer.... There is a reason behind it... yet the audience seems to vote in their favour just to get back at the judges.... I cannot label it anything other than sympathy voting....

And I am afraid.... This sympathy voting is going to ruin it all...CryCry I am not saying Anuj is not good.... But he is not the best... And only the best deserves to win....

ticks Goldie
ticks
ticks

Joined: 02 January 2006
Posts: 1818

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:10am | IP Logged

  Ok... Maybe Qazi got votes because people saw something in him which i or the judges could not see.... Possible... Maybe they were not sympathy votes after all.... Qazi is a different case altogether...

But somehow that is not my point.... My point is the sympathy votes... The judges are not fools.... When they do criticise a singer.... There is a reason behind it... yet the audience seems to vote in their favour just to get back at the judges.... I cannot label it anything other than sympathy voting....

And I am afraid.... This sympathy voting is going to ruin it all...CryCry I am not saying Anuj is not good.... But he is not the best... And only the best deserves to win....

Yes, in II_2, sadly in the case of Anuj, I fear judge's walkout may be counterproductive and they may have ruined Karunya's case. Perhaps, Junta may see this as victimisation of Anuj, and it may trigger sympathy votes. I dunno how the larger audience out there is going to react to all this! Perhaps they may feel insulted by the judge's act and give angry votes to Anuj..Who knows?!!

The next gala will make it clear. But personally among the Top 3 right now, my order of preference going by the previous galas is 1) Karunya, 2)Sandeep and 3) Anuj..  But it may be a close fight between Karunya and Sandeep, coz Sandeep comes across as more lively and human (mitti ka khusbu)..  He seems to connect well with his smile.

Anuj is NOT the best to me and you, but he may be entertaining for someone else..I dunno...

Anuj may give that perfect performance in the next rounds... like Sandeep surprised us in the previous round with his non-Udit renditions... Sandeep is peaking at the right time and may prove to be a danger to Karunya, but then Sony is promoting Karunya rather well and also trying to create soem foothold in South India!

So, lets wait and watch!

Alas, we cant vote.. CryCry



Edited by ticks - 18 March 2006 at 4:55am
swordfishh IF-Dazzler
swordfishh
swordfishh

Joined: 28 April 2005
Posts: 3014

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:25am | IP Logged
I don't know how far the foothold created in South India is going to work... Karunya was the only South Indian in the top 12, yet he did not seem to garner enough votes. It is perhaps because Hindi TV shows are not very popular down south....Moreover Hyderabad is somewhere in South Central India neither to the north nor too much towards the south.... Maybe thats why he is losing the regional edge...I can say this because I am a resident of South India....
I really really hope Karunya is able to capture the South Indian audience, just like Debojit was able to captivate the Eastern Indian audience....
I know this regional politics is not in the spirit of the contest... But when it comes to voting... It boils down to just that... People would like to vote for their own people....

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Don't mistake my self-confidence for arrogance -YK

Author: monzyxo   Replies: 3   Views: 694

monzyxo 3 694 18 June 2010 at 11:36am by shubham150
Farah Khan, Sonali Bendre enjoying TV life

Author: monzyxo   Replies: 2   Views: 857

monzyxo 2 857 13 December 2008 at 9:39pm by ritzbitz
Farah judgement abt indian idol

2 3 4 5

Author: music_masti   Replies: 37   Views: 3295

music_masti 37 3295 05 October 2007 at 7:09pm by Asseel
a big mistake SECOND TIME IN A ROW

2 3

Author: riya1229   Replies: 17   Views: 1683

riya1229 17 1683 24 September 2007 at 3:07pm by Min_3088
*(quiz i made)which ii guy r u made for?*

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: craZEEinlove   Replies: 70   Views: 3134

craZEEinlove 70 3134 01 October 2006 at 3:35am by JinK

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index