Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

CHANCE MEETING WITH MY IDOL (Page 2)

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Dr. Kalam used to be the Advisor to Raksha Mantri and we stay at a Defence Campus. There's an Officers' Mess here where we have dhamakedaar New year's party. The great man had come. I was...10-11. I went upto him, asked him about his missiles etc. He obliged. And he gave me an autograph on the paper on which he had drawn the sketch of a missile Big smile . Next day during a conference, he mentioned my name Big smile Big smile Big smile .

Some years later, I was a participant at the National Children's Science Congress...in Pune. He graces it every year. There I met and talked to him, Prof Yashpal (turning point..DD..remember?), Prof. Jayant Narlikar, Prof Mashelkar etc.

In 2004, I had participated in the Sankalp's National Children Scientist Award Programme. Got the second prize among 3117 projects Big smile Big smile Big smile . He had invited all 40 awardees to the Rashtrapati Bhavan for Tea. We talked to him, had tea etc. I reminded him about our previous meetings. He was very pleased and I was honoured that he remembered. He also remembered my Father who used to meet him quite often... Big smile

I simply adore, respect and worship Dr. Kalam. He's my idol in my chosen field. I bow to him.

Now Isi Baat pe LEST RACKThumbs Up

mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Not that she is my idol, but I do admire Shabana Azmiji. I had gone to see one of her plays and after it ended she came to the lobby to mingle with the audience. It was extremely crowded but being one of the few young people around I jostled my way towards her. When I came face to face with her, I was speechless and only managed to utter 'Aap bahut sunder hain' Tongue
And...OMG...She actually blushed Embarrassed   

That was a nice moment for me    Heart

Edited by mudabid - 17 March 2006 at 1:07pm
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Hey abhie, you are very lucky.. meeting the great man himself.. also came to know you are very talented.. great..
Clap Clap
ritika24 Senior Member
ritika24
ritika24

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
wow, we have a budding scientist in our forum Smile

Jokes apart, thats quite an accomplishment abhi. Hope to see your name among the top scientists after a few years. Good luck, kid. Clap Clap Clap
*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Abhi - Hats off to you Thumbs Up

You seemed to blessed by Ma saraswati like anything.. Be it passion for Music or Science...

Clap
sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Dr. Kalam used to be the Advisor to Raksha Mantri and we stay at a Defence Campus. There's an Officers' Mess here where we have dhamakedaar New year's party. The great man had come. I was...10-11. I went upto him, asked him about his missiles etc. He obliged. And he gave me an autograph on the paper on which he had drawn the sketch of a missile Big smile . Next day during a conference, he mentioned my name Big smile Big smile Big smile .

Some years later, I was a participant at the National Children's Science Congress...in Pune. He graces it every year. There I met and talked to him, Prof Yashpal (turning point..DD..remember?), Prof. Jayant Narlikar, Prof Mashelkar etc.

In 2004, I had participated in the Sankalp's National Children Scientist Award Programme. Got the second prize among 3117 projects Big smile Big smile Big smile . He had invited all 40 awardees to the Rashtrapati Bhavan for Tea. We talked to him, had tea etc. I reminded him about our previous meetings. He was very pleased and I was honoured that he remembered. He also remembered my Father who used to meet him quite often... Big smile

I simply adore, respect and worship Dr. Kalam. He's my idol in my chosen field. I bow to him.

very lucky u r...........well saidClapClapClap

hope to see you to be in a famous list of scientists one day too!
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Did any of you meet any singers or musicians??

I saw rock singer Alys copper while coming back to USA.. he was traveling with us.. BA was giving him royal treatment.. so i asked who is he.. someone said he is a rock star.. Big smile Big smile
Bansari7 IF-Dazzler
Bansari7
Bansari7

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
MY IDOL IS OF COURSE VINIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TO MEET VINIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY HOPE I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1

Go to top