Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Chat with Shama Sikandar

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 3:14am | IP Logged

Shama Sikander plays Pooja in Ye Meri Life Hai
The main protagonist of the Sony daily Ye Meri Life Hai is the peppy Pooja, played by Shama Sikander.

This saga, about a middle-class Gujarati girl who harbours dreams of being a film director, has now turned into a relationships saga with Pooja caught between two men — Ashmit and Ronit.

In this week's Ask A Star, she takes time off from her shoot to answer queries from hitList readers…

You have worked in the Telugu film titled Priya Neesthama with actor Venu. How was it working in the South? How did you get the role?
Monica Jawadi

Dear Monica, it was great fun working in the South. I enjoyed the experience tremendously. I bagged this film through a common friend.

Like your character Pooja in Ye Meri Life Hai, do you have any interest in direction?
— Tarun Kamra

Dear Tarun, Yes, I do. But it will be later on in life; at the moment I want to act.

Are you satisfied with your role in Ye Meri Life Hai? Are you planning to return to the big screen? — Shweta
Dear Shweta, I am very satisfied. It has given me a lot of recognition. There is no question of returning to the big screen, because I have never left it. I have been doing films; as Ye Meri Life Hai is a daily soap, there is not much time left to take up another assignment.

If you could change one thing about Pooja, what would it be? — Nadia
Dear Nadia, the fact that she thinks a bit too much. I wish she would stop thinking and just get on with life.

Why do you work in average Indian films? When will you visit fans like me who are from Pakistan? — Sufyan Khan
Dear Sufyan, as an actor, you look for good roles, the rest is for the audience to decide. As for your second question, I would love to visit Pakistan one day. In fact, my maternal grandmother would often visit Pakistan and from childhood I always wanted to go there. I hope to visit the country soon.

How different is your Ye Meri Life Hai character Pooja from your real self? — Ramlah Merchant
Dear Ramlah, it's different except for the fact that like Pooja, even I think a lot. I wish both of us would stop that excessive brooding.

Who helps you most on the sets of Ye Meri Life Hai?
Ye Meri Life Hai fan club members

Dear YMLH fans, the entire unit is like one big family.

When will we see you back with Ronit? When will Pooja make her first film? Who is your best friend on the sets? – Taf
Dear Taf, that's a lot of questions! All those things depend on the production house and the channel. As for your last question, everyone is a best friend on the sets; we are one big family.

Is there anyone you are seeing? — Subur Sheen
Dear Subur, where is the time to see anyone? I am only seeing the camera nowadays!

No Angel Goldie
No Angel
No Angel

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 4:02am | IP Logged
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! LOVED IT!!
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 5:21am | IP Logged
thanx
HamNasheen Groupbie
HamNasheen
HamNasheen

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:08am | IP Logged
isn't it strange? to chat with SHama? i mean.. if u see her everyday on television................
Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing!
glamour_girl Senior Member
glamour_girl
glamour_girl

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Thanks Barbie The last Question I found it a little funny!

PreityGirl Senior Member
PreityGirl
PreityGirl

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Thanks Barbie
sweetchick786 Goldie
sweetchick786
sweetchick786

Posted: 28 March 2005 at 11:35am | IP Logged
thanx for sharin!!!!!

Go to top