Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Performances, Amey - My observation (Page 5)

Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool.aquarian

Ab sab khatam ho chuka hai...
No point scratching ur heads over it.
So go back to your cozy beds, turn on the TV(watch smthin other than II) and try to take a nap...
LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pramm

IMO, technical perfection is not everything.....on a bad day, any singer can be less than perfect(technically)....but its the way you bring out the feel of the song and how as a listener you relate to it, is more important and no one does it better than Amey....

Clap
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mishtimoni

Originally posted by realmusic

Thanks for the kind comments. My hearing is just fine. I analyzed everyones singing from that day, and Amey did not measure up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyya. Whether Sandeep performed better I am not so sure, because his songs weren't as complicated. Amey got the benefit of doubt from the judges because of past performances, and Anuj and Sandeep have been terrible until the last episode.

I can't agree on the point that Amey's Satrangi Re  did not match up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyaa.. Anuj was in sur and everything, but that song is about A JUNOON WHICH WAS COMPLETELY MISSING. It is one of my most favourite songs, I think Sukhwinder made it ALIVE.. It is a pulsating song, and Anuj made it sound completely flat..also, This song does not sound nice if you lower the scale, Anuj's natural scale was not suitable for this song I think.. and Amey brought all the passion needed in the song Satrangi Re.. I agree with you about his voice being shaky and cracking and breath control problem, but the impact of that song was much better on my ears than Anuj's version..and Amey didn't really lose sur anywhere...

Clap

Amey's voice did sound shaky and strained at times during the song but he sang it w/a lot of passion and energy which Anuj didn't.

Edited by sonyaee - 19 March 2006 at 10:23pm
amritha19 Goldie
amritha19
amritha19

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonyaee

Originally posted by Mishtimoni

Originally posted by realmusic

Thanks for the kind comments. My hearing is just fine. I analyzed everyones singing from that day, and Amey did not measure up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyya. Whether Sandeep performed better I am not so sure, because his songs weren't as complicated. Amey got the benefit of doubt from the judges because of past performances, and Anuj and Sandeep have been terrible until the last episode.

I can't agree on the point that Amey's Satrangi Re  did not match up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyaa.. Anuj was in sur and everything, but that song is about A JUNOON WHICH WAS COMPLETELY MISSING. It is one of my most favourite songs, I think Sukhwinder made it ALIVE.. It is a pulsating song, and Anuj made it sound completely flat..also, This song does not sound nice if you lower the scale, Anuj's natural scale was not suitable for this song I think.. and Amey brought all the passion needed in the song Satrangi Re.. I agree with you about his voice being shaky and cracking and breath control problem, but the impact of that song was much better on my ears than Anuj's version..and Amey didn't really lose sur anywhere...

Clap

Amey's voice did sound shaky and strained at times during the song but he sang it w/a lot of passion and energy which Anuj didn't.

completely agree! no doubt anuj gave a good rendition of the the song, a one worth listening to, after a longgggg time. yet i felt htat the he could have better emoted it... there was nil energy level. its an energetic song, a foot tapping number but when i heard anuj sang it, he lacked the energy IMO. nevertheless it was a fairly good one but to say tht it was the BEST of tht gala would be a n exaggeration.

~*Neha*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Neha*~
~*Neha*~

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Good Post but Amey's performance was excellent in the previous Gala and I like his song selections, they are very good!!!
avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
amey n karu was the best but now..... Confused

Go to top