Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Performances, Amey - My observation (Page 4)

amey_priya Groupbie
amey_priya
amey_priya

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Ameys song selection were not atall bad, too good from others, cz each and everyone sang hit songs ,where Amey pick up nice tough songs, and his voice doesnt crack in "satrangee re", that line of satrangge re was like tht, i think u didn't listn Sonu's comment " tumne meri ummid se vi kai zaada achha gaya hai" .or Sonu ji kisiko khamkha praise nehi karte, and same with "rang de basanti". Amey is really a brave singer, he has confidence on himself tht he can choose difficult uncommon songs, and just for like u ppl who only like hit common songs, Amey got out of the show and Anuj just bcz of chaiya chaiya and Sandeep's common Udit ji's and last day a hit number of Amitabh ji's common songs still there in the show. dont blame Amey, tasteless ppl are blamed for Amey's not being in the show. AMEY Tongue is the best....

Edited by amey_priya - 19 March 2006 at 9:02am

pramm Senior Member
pramm
pramm

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged
IMO, technical perfection is not everything.....on a bad day, any singer can be less than perfect(technically)....but its the way you bring out the feel of the song and how as a listener you relate to it, is more important and no one does it better than Amey....
cool.aquarian Senior Member
cool.aquarian
cool.aquarian

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Ab sab khatam ho chuka hai...
No point scratching ur heads over it.
So go back to your cozy beds, turn on the TV(watch smthin other than II) and try to take a nap...
LOL LOL LOL

Edited by cool.aquarian - 19 March 2006 at 9:26am
J_K_C Senior Member
J_K_C
J_K_C

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:33am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ReXLoVeR

I looooooooooved Amey's Holi ke dinn songg !! The grrl talkin was hilariouss n his dharmendra move wuz funnny..and alsoo Satrangi Ree... he is seriouslyy the onlyy one who seriouslyy pours out his heartt in a songg and sings it with his soull not his voiice and he was justt soooo feeling the songg... goshh that wuz grrreat Clap

bang on! bingo!

J_K_C Senior Member
J_K_C
J_K_C

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by amey_priya

Ameys song selection were not atall bad, too good from others, cz each and everyone sang hit songs ,where Amey pick up nice tough songs, and his voice doesnt crack in "satrangee re", that line of satrangge re was like tht, i think u didn't listn Sonu's comment " tumne meri ummid se vi kai zaada achha gaya hai" .or Sonu ji kisiko khamkha praise nehi karte, and same with "rang de basanti". Amey is really a brave singer, he has confidence on himself tht he can choose difficult uncommon songs, and just for like u ppl who only like hit common songs, Amey got out of the show and Anuj just bcz of chaiya chaiya and Sandeep's common Udit ji's and last day a hit number of Amitabh ji's common songs still there in the show. dont blame Amey, tasteless ppl are blamed for Amey's not being in the show. AMEY Tongue is the best....

well said...Clap

realmusic Senior Member
realmusic
realmusic

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshusain

Good writing u have good sence of writing liked it but before writing i hope u wud  have checked ur ears to tell Sandeep & Anuj Sang better than Amey

Thanks for the kind comments. My hearing is just fine. I analyzed everyones singing from that day, and Amey did not measure up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyya. Whether Sandeep performed better I am not so sure, because his songs weren't as complicated. Amey got the benefit of doubt from the judges because of past performances, and Anuj and Sandeep have been terrible until the last episode.

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Nice to read ur views realmusic...my 2 cents...Amey is more cut out for softer renditions...playback will be his forte..particularly soft romantic numbers like his guru Suresh Wadkar...did u hear him sing tum aa gaye ho noor aa gaya hai...just those 2 lines showed his class....even his personality is not the kind who will enjoy doing full throated numbers like RDB and chaiyya chaiyaa on stage...but he has a lot of talent nad u cant take that away from him!
Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by realmusic

Thanks for the kind comments. My hearing is just fine. I analyzed everyones singing from that day, and Amey did not measure up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyya. Whether Sandeep performed better I am not so sure, because his songs weren't as complicated. Amey got the benefit of doubt from the judges because of past performances, and Anuj and Sandeep have been terrible until the last episode.

I can't agree on the point that Amey's Satrangi Re  did not match up to Anuj's Chaiyya Chaiyaa.. Anuj was in sur and everything, but that song is about A JUNOON WHICH WAS COMPLETELY MISSING. It is one of my most favourite songs, I think Sukhwinder made it ALIVE.. It is a pulsating song, and Anuj made it sound completely flat..also, This song does not sound nice if you lower the scale, Anuj's natural scale was not suitable for this song I think.. and Amey brought all the passion needed in the song Satrangi Re.. I agree with you about his voice being shaky and cracking and breath control problem, but the impact of that song was much better on my ears than Anuj's version..and Amey didn't really lose sur anywhere...

Go to top