Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Performances, Amey - My observation (Page 3)

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gamezone

Sonu told Amey that u sang satrangi re better than my expectations ... even i felt that he sang with full emotions , and he performed beautifully as welll... how can u say that his voice lacked confidence....plz explain!!!!

He did have the emotions required for the song, you're right.  But I felt he was off-key in many parts of that it took away from the flow of the song. One part he couldn't hit the high note, and there was a few breath-control issues causing the song to sound a little jerky.  Maybe rather than saying he lacked confidence, I should say that it seemed like he was trying too hard.

Also, I  believe in taking the judges' opinion with a pinch of salt. Sometimes I agree with them, and sometimes I don't.

Sorry if I have offended you.

BTW, are you a T.Rajendran fan?

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Yeah, if pigs could fly Anuj was better than Amey. 
gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Originally posted by gamezone

Sonu told Amey that u sang satrangi re better than my expectations ... even i felt that he sang with full emotions , and he performed beautifully as welll... how can u say that his voice lacked confidence....plz explain!!!!

He did have the emotions required for the song, you're right.  But I felt he was off-key in many parts of that it took away from the flow of the song. One part he couldn't hit the high note, and there was a few breath-control issues causing the song to sound a little jerky.  Maybe rather than saying he lacked confidence, I should say that it seemed like he was trying too hard.

Also, I  believe in taking the judges' opinion with a pinch of salt. Sometimes I agree with them, and sometimes I don't.

Sorry if I have offended you.

BTW, are you a T.Rajendran fan?

Hey It is not the question of offending. You posted it in a positive manner which I really appreciate. Afterall it is your personal opinion.

In my opinion Amey was superrbbb in Satrangi re & not upo the mark in RDB. In Maahi Ve I wont blame Amey because it was a song sung by 5 singers.

mona_kaur Senior Member
mona_kaur
mona_kaur

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
I think amey almost always chose one of the hardest songs to sing and he experimented a lot......vs. other contestants who stay in thier limits.......for one thing it really show's that he's n artist who likes to chellenge himself.....a true artist....i still think that amey did not loose becasue of poor singing or bad song choices....it was tottally his bad luck...and sony tv's decision to not promote him any further.......
ticks Goldie
ticks
ticks

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by realmusic

I am a casual observer of II2. I used to follow that other reality music show, but since it ended, I have started tuning to II2. The thing I like about II2 is it does not show voting breakdowns, which had fomented a lot of negative feelings on that other show. I don't want to comment on voting due to biases of the many forms  (regional, cuteness factor, etc.), even though they may really affect the vote bank.

It looks like a lot is being said about Amey's elimination, and a ton of conspiracy theories are being thrown around. I'd like to take those with a pinch of salt. If you've ever heard of the Occam's Razor theory - it says that the simplest reason is usually the truth.

I tend to think that the public is not as dumb as most people believe. Most of them do vote with their ears. I feel that in this forum there has been a serious lack of critical analysis of the singing aspect of this show. Could Amey have been eliminated due to poor singing?

Granted Anuj and Sandeep have not shown consistent quality of singing, but in the Holi show, I beg to say that they performed better than Amey. So here are a few of my criticisms of the contestants from that show with particular emphasis on Amey's weakness that may have contributed to the lack of appreciation from the voters.

Amey: Song Selection. Amey has seriously suffered from poor song selections in the last few shows. His strength does not lie in the songs he has sung. He is best in low-mid pitch songs. His voice gets frayed at the high pitches. In the Satrangi song, when he tried to deliver the higher pitched "is baar..." it came out as a squeal. It was similar to the "ding, ding, ding" from his Rang de basanti song. He should have sung that in pseudo-falsetto like Daler did. He displays a certain nervous jitter in his voice. Perhaps he is still dealing with stage-nervousness. He does not have the unique voice quality that some of the other contestants seem to possess. Also, he had poor breath-control in that episode. But he has generally been very good on sur.

Karunya: His song selections have been good, and seem to illustrate his strengths. He has a very smooth, jitterless voice. He tends to get a little high-pitched in delivery, which may narrow his roles in playback singing. He is excellent with sur, but he missed it slightly in the Ramta Jogi performance. His Holi song was delivered better. With his classically trained background, there aren't many songs he cannot sing.

Anuj: He seems to be getting the brunt of wrath here. The Holi song was a bad selection. But his performance on Chaiyya Chaiyya was very good, and perhaps the best delivered of the whole episode. Most impressive was his excellent breath control. He was very good on sur in that song. He has not been consistent with sur in the previous episodes. Also, he does not seem capable of singing a wide range of songs.

Sandeep: He nailed the song selections in the Holi episode. Even though they had repetitive lines, he sung them well and in sur. He is the poorest among the contestants in maintaining sur. He has a good voice quality, and has a nice baritone voice. Obviously he has more than a touch of Udit. He seems the most fragile of the contestants to singing out of his comfort zone. But having set a low standard in previous episodes, he seems to be getting rave reviews for having finally sung at a decent level.

Bravo! I could not have said it better. "I tend to think that the public is not as dumb as most people believe. "

Broadly I agree with your analyses..Clap

Edited by ticks - 18 March 2006 at 6:29pm
tryme Groupbie
tryme
tryme

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Amey was the best ..and the BEST competition to karunya in an Indian Idol Finale ..

I thought his Satrangi re was fabulous... even RDB was not bad at all considering the pitch of the song .

Amey is very versatile and can sing a variety of songs ...

..Sony has made a mockery of the show ....and it should be hopefully a cakewalk for Karunya   ..unless another twist is in the offing and the show becomes even worse than a disaster . I repeat ..Amey was the best ..and the BEST competition to karunya in an Indian Idol Finale ..
cool water IF-Dazzler
cool water
cool water

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
I agree about Anuj's chaiyya chaiyya...even i felt that all the notes were perfect...but you haven't been following the show from the beginning...Amey has been far ahead of the other singers in every gala...he was also suffering from a throat ulcer during the last gala..maybe he shouldn't have stuck to satrangi re..it was the hardest to sing song in the gala..even more thna karu's holi song...yes he faltered in some places..but he still got out the feel of the song...it was just as intense as sonu's...
I agree that Karu's voice sounds v. restful all the time...like Sonu said "awaaz mein sukoon hai"...but its only in the past 2 galas that he has given good performances...otherwise he was massacaring poor punjabi songs...plus his voice isn't versatile at all...I'm not talking abt his songs...but his voice...it always sounds the same!! and its too kiddish...i dunno if it'll suit anyone in playback...but wateva..
best wishes to him...its already fixed that he's gonna be idol so I won't bother with hoping he will...
arshusain Newbie
arshusain
arshusain

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by realmusic

I am a casual observer of II2. I used to follow that other reality music show, but since it ended, I have started tuning to II2. The thing I like about II2 is it does not show voting breakdowns, which had fomented a lot of negative feelings on that other show. I don't want to comment on voting due to biases of the many forms  (regional, cuteness factor, etc.), even though they may really affect the vote bank.

It looks like a lot is being said about Amey's elimination, and a ton of conspiracy theories are being thrown around. I'd like to take those with a pinch of salt. If you've ever heard of the Occam's Razor theory - it says that the simplest reason is usually the truth.

I tend to think that the public is not as dumb as most people believe. Most of them do vote with their ears. I feel that in this forum there has been a serious lack of critical analysis of the singing aspect of this show. Could Amey have been eliminated due to poor singing?

Granted Anuj and Sandeep have not shown consistent quality of singing, but in the Holi show, I beg to say that they performed better than Amey. So here are a few of my criticisms of the contestants from that show with particular emphasis on Amey's weakness that may have contributed to the lack of appreciation from the voters.

Amey: Song Selection. Amey has seriously suffered from poor song selections in the last few shows. His strength does not lie in the songs he has sung. He is best in low-mid pitch songs. His voice gets frayed at the high pitches. In the Satrangi song, when he tried to deliver the higher pitched "is baar..." it came out as a squeal. It was similar to the "ding, ding, ding" from his Rang de basanti song. He should have sung that in pseudo-falsetto like Daler did. He displays a certain nervous jitter in his voice. Perhaps he is still dealing with stage-nervousness. He does not have the unique voice quality that some of the other contestants seem to possess. Also, he had poor breath-control in that episode. But he has generally been very good on sur.

Karunya: His song selections have been good, and seem to illustrate his strengths. He has a very smooth, jitterless voice. He tends to get a little high-pitched in delivery, which may narrow his roles in playback singing. He is excellent with sur, but he missed it slightly in the Ramta Jogi performance. His Holi song was delivered better. With his classically trained background, there aren't many songs he cannot sing.

Anuj: He seems to be getting the brunt of wrath here. The Holi song was a bad selection. But his performance on Chaiyya Chaiyya was very good, and perhaps the best delivered of the whole episode. Most impressive was his excellent breath control. He was very good on sur in that song. He has not been consistent with sur in the previous episodes. Also, he does not seem capable of singing a wide range of songs.

Sandeep: He nailed the song selections in the Holi episode. Even though they had repetitive lines, he sung them well and in sur. He is the poorest among the contestants in maintaining sur. He has a good voice quality, and has a nice baritone voice. Obviously he has more than a touch of Udit. He seems the most fragile of the contestants to singing out of his comfort zone. But having set a low standard in previous episodes, he seems to be getting rave reviews for having finally sung at a decent level.

Good writing u have good sence of writing liked it but before writing i hope u wud  have checked ur ears to tell Sandeep & Anuj Sang better than Amey

Go to top