Would you take part ? (Page 3)

sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhi_music

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Originally posted by abhi_music

let me tell u my point of view as i will be taking part in the next SRGMP series, after EMAET..

It is always the HOPE that makes u go in there... The hope... The hope of winning the contest and getting that fame.. It is always the hope... Passion is always there, and passion can make you go to small university/school contests.. but its the hope that makes you join others and gives you confidence. The hope that i will win SRGMP gives me great confidence. Haarna aur jeetna tho baad mein aathi hain... After you take part..

Good luck to u..even my daughter want to try it when she grows up..although right now we laugh when she says that as she is only 8 yrs

If your heart and soul is there..i am sure u will reach there. Will be nice to see one of the IF member up there

ClapClapClap

thank you so much! actually i live in canada.. there was a singing contest here and i won 1st place, so my reward is a direct entry to SRGMP... no auditions or anything....thank you for all your support Swar_Raj ji... I am sure i will also see you daughter as a winner of SRGMP one day.

oh wow thats nice no auditions????? direct entry??? very lucky indeed... good luck to you its good to see someone up there that we knowWink and Swar_Rajji may god bless you and your daughter and we are sure that your daughter will be the winner of SRGMP!!!!! congratulations again to abhishek bhaiyaEmbarrassed

sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

I think we need yours first.. LOL
do let us know when u enter there as would love to support a fello NRI..we are in Boston.

yes plz do...LOLLOLLOLand yes we will surely support you very much!!!
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Life has became very tough n compitative these days

In our days we did not had these kind of opportuinities.. only compitation we knew was Miss India contest from Femina...

These days youngster floaded with so many opportunities.. I would defentely encourge my kids to go for it... Win or Lose will be part of life, but they will learn what is life by this...

about education .. one can rejoin once this will pass..

this is my opinion Smile
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Madhavi,
I agree with several people here. I did compete in a lot in school and college and have won National level competitions and later went on to become a professional. ACtually when I see these kids, I feel I had a chance to do it all over again. IF you have real talent and passion and training, parents should encourage them. But again my father was not verykeen on my singing and wanted to concentrate on my studies and I became a physician. But my real passion is singing.
So I would definitely encourage my children to seek for their passion and of course should have the aptitude and talent too.
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

After watching SRGMP with so much of passion, I just had a thought..what prompted these youn 17 - 19 year olds to take part in such a nation wide musical competition ?

Taking part in singing competitions in schools, universities is fine, but on such a national level to try to make an entry into an industry which is alreayd overflowing with talent?

I was reading one of Hema's early interviews where I read that he is a state level skating champion.. and he is supposed to be good in studies.. Nihira is supposed to be very good in her studies...

Karunya left his engineering studies to take part in Indian Idol..

basically, they gave up comfortable lives to a life which is going to be filled with some sort of struggle or the other.. Why do you think they made that choice?

And if you had a good voice but u r still in the middle of ur education, would you take part in SRGMP and II ?

And if you have kids of that age, would u let ur kids take part ?

madhavir108 ji very good thought.

It depends on his or her Passion, and the Ideology and financial freedom of there Parents. Some parent see there kids fame which is more related to there life than there Kids success in life. One important point needed to remember that our culture and values are driven by the western ideology and based on there fundamental values of success. Any industry in today's world is based on fame and success not on values or ethics and morality.

The competition in today's society is whole lot different than earlier days. The way all success is created by today's technology, regardless of any kids they are also driven by the modernization of the global fame and that is media and money and also the shortcut process known as SMS every one do need to have the passion of success but interpreted not passion but money and again we need to remember these are kids and parents are the one sole responsible for there thought process.

I will take Mr.XXXXX as an example here today if we see his back ground he did finish his school college and university and work his way in to life and also learn to commit towards the responsibilities of life if he get his success via SMS that to me more appropriately achieved the system then rest of the other contestant. With the changes I feel that youngsters are to much motivate by its glamour and short leave fame.  Now it is parents they are the one who need to decide what choice they have open for there success of the Kids future. 

To answer your last question? I did not allow her means my daughter to take that short cut to success, only way she will when she will reach the Example of Mr. XXXXX that I have mentioned my believe if you have the talent than you will be success in life regardless.

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Wow,thanks a lot for the replies...

Will post a longer reply later..
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Congrats abhi_music...if its the middle east muqabala u r taking part in.. i might get to see u...

i heard the shotting is gonna be in dubai..so i am def gonna go for tat !

Ironji, I agree with u.. which is y i posted the topic itself.. i mean in a country like India where education is always stressed... seeing singers like Hema, Vinit, Nihira etc sing away to glory.. i mean hats off to their parents..

nothing wrong in takign part in shows.. i am totally up for it..but to give up studies ? i dunno....
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
It is very important to have passion and pursue it. The foundation and hardwork should begin at young age. If you wait to finish you school, college, family responsibilities etc, then it is not that easy to become successful. Ofcourse if you are extremely lucky may be, but I believe in strong roots, foundation, classical training and passion that will bring long term success. I usually see that kids very talented with good family support and level headed ness will succeed. Shreya is a good example. SHe startedyoung, her parents noticed her talent and her mother moved to live in a city to get her the neccessary resources, training and she did her hard work and became successful.
These reality shows with public voting gives you 10 minutes fame and the real hard work starts only after that. It is a good platform to show case the kids' talent but they need their parents' guidance and support to ground them and hone their talents even more.

Go to top