Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kanwal Toor's sports fever

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:13am | IP Logged

Kanwal Toor
Delhi girl Kanwal Toor is a girl of many talents.

She has her own design school, she is a Miss India finalist, a ramp model… The perky hostess of Filmi Fever, who has been seen in Zoom, loves sports and she plays many different games. Over to the desi Sporty Spice.

Golf buddies

I am not a sportswoman per se, but yes, I play both golf and squash pretty well. My dad is a golfer and I have been playing golf since the last seven years. You don't need to train in golf, you just pick it up. I was the brand ambassadress for J P Greens, which is the longest golf course in Asia.

I often play at Willingdon. In Delhi, I have played golf with Kapil Dev and Ajay Jadeja. Kapil is like family, while Jadeja is a social friend. Kunal Dasgupta (CEO, Sony Entertainment Television) is a very good friend. Often, we play golf together. Sometimes, we play on three consecutive days.

In fact, I taught Kunal how to play. I keep telling him it's time he comes out and says that I am his golf teacher. He didn't even know how to hold the club properly before I came into his life.

He is one of the big excuses why I started playing golf in Mumbai. I know Kunal from my Delhi days, since about four years. I play with him at Chembur golf course, or Willingdon or Royal Palms. I haven't yet visited the US golf course in town.

'Squash'buckling

I started playing squash just a year back, but picked it up rather fast. I have some friends who are corporate guys from London, who are squash players. I play at Hyatt Regency or Otter's Club.

Stop, don't shoot

I love shooting, but you need to have a license for it in Mumbai. But I do shoot at Surajkund Shooting Range, in Delhi.

Career Moves

On filmi Fever:
I moved to Mumbai when Filmi Fever landed in my lap. I am fascinated not by actors but by the extravagance, opulence and grandeur of the industry.

At the Filmfare awards this year, I was backstage with Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek and Rakesh Roshan in the same room, and we all were chatting.

On eyeing Bollywood: Who doesn't? Just last week, I was offered a Yash Raj film, but due to prior commitments, I could not adjust my dates.

On refusing TV: I had been chosen to play Volga.

We couldn't meet at a common point in terms of money, so I decided not to do it. A few days back, I got a call from UTV for Shanno Ki Shaadi, but I said no to them. Frankly, I am not interested in TV serials. I would love to do something like Kandy Floss.

Kanwal's Bio

I am a Miss India finalist from the Celina Jaitly batch of 2001.

I participated in the Miss International pageant in Tokyo and was among the top five in 80 countries.

I have walked the ramp for almost all big designers.  I started my own design house in Delhi by my name; it makes clothes for men. Last year, I flagged off a women's line as well. I will get my line to Mumbai.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top