Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

Out of Om bondage

dures IF-Dazzler
dures
dures

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged

Out of Om bondage

Kiran Karmarkar, who became a household name with his patriarchal character of Om bhaiiya in 'Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki', has absolutely no regrets about quitting the serial following his 'untimely death'.

He is now ready to kickstart his 'ghar sey baahar kahanii' with a role in writer Javed Siddiqui's play 'Kachche Lamhe' (it premieres on Oct 2). He will also play a central character in a regional movie.

He reasons, "Undoubtedly, the character Om in 'Kahanii...' was my claim to fame. I am grateful to Balaji and Star Plus. But now this long six-month break from television has enabled me to re-invent myself. Television soaps do tend to curb your growth. You cannot come out from the rigid image and parameters of the character. I was waiting to jump out of this Om-bondage."

What was it that motivated Kiran to grab this play? "Firstly the play is based on Gulzar Saab's short story and is directed by the acclaimed Salim Arif. The script turned me on too. I play a director of a theatre group and my wife (played by Lubna Salim) is also connected to the same profession. Harsh Chaya plays the 'woh' due to which my wife seeks freedom from the marriage. It was a classic opportunity to innovate, experiment and grow as an actor."

What about his big screen plans? "There have been meetings with several Hindi film directors but nothing is finalized yet. I have signed a Marathi film produced by Venus. Fortunately there is none of the 'saas-bahu' element in the film," laughs

Kiran. Interestingly he is also reviving his model-status and will be doing commercials. "After five years and 1000 episodes of 'Kahanii...'where I was vocally restrained, I was on a 'high' with my full-throated dialogue delivery during the play rehearsals. Now I am waiting to check the live audience response."

.Prometheus. IF-Veteran Member
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged
thanks for the artcicle heavy topic name OM bondage LOL
shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
lol...thanks for sharing! LOL
sangitadas IF-Rockerz
sangitadas
sangitadas

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Best of luck Kiran.
simba Groupbie
simba
simba

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 3:45am | IP Logged
tfs but been posted b4
~aashka~rocks~ IF-Dazzler
~aashka~rocks~
~aashka~rocks~

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing!
quite interesting!
Sasha4eva Goldie
Sasha4eva
Sasha4eva

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Thanks alot for sharing
Destiny007 IF-Dazzler
Destiny007
Destiny007

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:30am | IP Logged
tfs, good luck to him

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index