Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

comment plz- v.touching-posted on sify (Page 8)

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragatimanoj

1)
I have been consistently stating that amey is not good singer according to me, but according to so many others he is. Others like his singing so he will definatley shine in his career because there are so many people who would be willing to buy him his cd. I am not one among them however. I don't even like Himesh Reshamiya's singing so does that mean he is not popular! He is and there are people who are willing to buy his musical album. Good for them.

Hope I have made my self clear.
cheers
Pragati

Then why did post in the Amey fan club that he was a good singer after his exit, March 14th be to exact? I can post what you wrote here as well. Bottomline is this: now that Amey is out, you don't mind praising him. When he was in, he was competition to your favorites. And don't liken Amey to Himesh Reshammiya. Dead

Stick to your words friend...you'll earn more respect from people...

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shajjo

Pragati Ji,

After much deliberation i have found your feeling towards a MUCH talented Amey Date to be quite CONFUSING and CONTRADICTING. Below is a compilation of some of your quotes:

This is how it starts

"....if they thought that Amey was to be in the top 2 then why go through the entire drama of eliminating 10 contestants. they should have just not let Amey compete in the competition. if he is being voted out then accept the result. It is not that Amey is not an undiscovered talent. Amey was discovered long ago SaReGaMa, but no one music director saw it fit to hir him as a playbacksinger and he was a chorous singer! It is not that he was not surrounded by music directors and other artists. Sonu Nigam himself has said that he has shook hands with amey when he was a chorous singer. If sonu nigam was so confident of amey's singing then why did he not recommend him to other directors."

" Amey Date is not an exceptionally gifted singer and this is proved by the fact that eventhough he was discovered in SRGMP, nothing much was happening in his career front. People did not vote for him because most of the people did not approve of the way he sang. Why would people waste thier money and vote for someone they did not like? Just because Amey Date is popular in Mumbai, it does not mean he is popular throughout India. People throughout the country like Anuj and Sandeep too. Just because we have biased judges on the show it does not mean that the public is wrong in ousting Amey Date. Why wasnt Amey Date selected the winner in SRGMP where it was the judges who called the shots. Why didnt sonu nigam stand against the judges then and say that he dos not agree with them at that time. Because something was lacking in him." Confused My goodness Pragati Ji....Do you have soemthing Personal against this guy? Confused

"Anuj is definately more talented than amey in the eyes of the people who paid and voted for him." Dead Ok this was quite undigestable Dead

"I think amey has a very likeable personality! I really liked him the day he was voted out because I got to see the other side of him, asking his mom and friends to calm down in marathi. I really liked him when he said he would trade places with a female contestant (i guess neha, when they both were in the bottom three) who was voted out. I really liked the fact that he advised sandeep to not sing in amitabh bachchan style. i really like him when he felt genuninely bad that panna was being voted out. i really liked him when he came up the stage again and performed aamirs step so innocently and shyly. i really really admired him when he accepted that he had a problem singing RDB and Satrangi Re. How can I not like him when I admire him so much as a person? He has more personality and depth than any singer on II2."..... Clap Here you go again...... LOL

"i don't know why amey is getting so much of hype. he does not deserve this much of hype. If he sings well i can understand all the glorification but he does not. he is getting votes through big advertisments through his school principal. Wacko (Does his Principal largely controls SO many people who vote for Amey?...Must say what an influential guy.. Clap ..) agreed it is a democrraic country and people can vote for the one that they want. but hello someone should tell these people that we need to have a good representative." Confused You keep contradicting your self Confused

"Sonuji does not hate any singer. He sings zegazillion times better than Amey Date. He does not praise Amey that much becoase amey has limitations as far as his singing is concerned."..... Wink I guess then he wouldnt have told him time and again that he sees him as one of the top 2 finalists Wink

"I did not state that I like Amey for his singing! I said i like amey for the little things he has done in II2. Nobody in Indian Idol 2 has cared so much for other contestants as Amey Date. I might not be a big fan of amey date singing wise which i have made very clear in my previous post, but I do like amey date for what he is and what he stands for. He is a good natured guy which is more important than being a good singer anyday!" Wacko HUH??????? Wacko

"It is sad that Amey got voted out. I was looking for a good comp. between amey and karunya. Amey is the best performer among all the 4 guys. He is very mature and a caring guy. He knows what is the right thing to do. He will definately shine in his career" ........ LOL How will he shine in his career if he (as you say) is not a good singer...because his career is singing????? LOL

And this is how it ends /\........You have said it all here..He will shine in his career. You should make up your mind and clear your thoughts about Amey Date.

Thank you shajjo ji. 
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
he was a good singer to them, and i know one feels bad when their favorite idol is voted out. I genuninely felt bad for them and so i said that to them. if karunya is voted out even i will feel bad. There might be people who think that karunya is not a good singer too! i will not like to go to amey's fan club and say that hey its really nice the guy u have all been rooting for is out of the competition! amey's fan love amey because they think he is a good singer! ravi tripathis fan love him because they think ravi is a good singer and that holds tru for all the fans as well. I have always stated that amey has alot of potential but is not using that potential! That is strictly according to me! Himesh reshamiya is a good singer for all the guys who idolise him.
cheers
pragati
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonyaee

1)
I have been consistently stating that amey is not good singer according to me, but according to so many others he is. Others like his singing so he will definatley shine in his career because there are so many people who would be willing to buy him his cd. I am not one among them however. I don't even like Himesh Reshamiya's singing so does that mean he is not popular! He is and there are people who are willing to buy his musical album. Good for them.

Hope I have made my self clear.
cheers
Pragati

Then why did post in the Amey fan club that he was a good singer after his exit, March 14th be to exact? I can post what you wrote here as well. Bottomline is this: now that Amey is out, you don't mind praising him. When he was in, he was competition to your favorites. And don't liken Amey to Himesh Reshammiya. Dead

Stick to your words friend...you'll earn more respect from people...

you forgot to highlight "according to me, but according to so many others he sings well".  Don't misqoute people Sonayee!
cheers
Pragati
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
I apologize for that pragatimanoj.
shajjo Senior Member
shajjo
shajjo

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

1)

6)
Sonu nigam is a good singer and he can see the limitations in Amey and so when amey chooses songs that are not in his range, Sonuji does not see it fit to praise him.

cheers
Pragati

Here is quoting Sonu Nigam.....Not a word here or there....

Sonu Nigam voiced his biggest fear that Amey may be vote out. "He's an excellent singer and performer and if he's voted out, it will be just a huge loss," said Sonu.

http://indianidol.sifymax.com/judges/sonunigam/comment2/

I have big hopes for Karunya and Amey. They have consistently delivered quality songs and have tried to work with their talents and to refine their performances.

Ermm Does'nt this implicate that Sonum Nigam is actually "praising" Amey Date and his potentials....... Ermm 

pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
There was a discussion earlier as to why sonu nigam praises karunya more than amey...that was the reason. sonu has also said that since there is a big hype surrounding amey date, it is difficult for people not to criticise him and then he said something about the RDB song. sonu and amey also had a disagreemnent on the mahi ve issue and sonu has also said that amey did not perform well on the holi gala and so was eliminated.
cheers
pragati
shajjo Senior Member
shajjo
shajjo

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Ok my post was not regarding any discussion on why Sonu praises Karunya more than Amey, it was pure and simple quotes by Sonu Nigam praising Amey Date and his talent. PERIOD.

As for Sonu commenting on choice of songs or his dissatisfaction about a certain performance, he has done the same for Karunya also...and he only does it not to put them down but to encourage them to do better and work on those aspects in which he thinks they were lacking that day.

Go to top