Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

comment plz- v.touching-posted on sify (Page 7)

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragatimanoj

There is no confusion at all Payal! I think amey has a very likeable personality! I really liked him the day he was voted out because I got to see the other side of him, asking his mom and friends to calm down in marathi. I really liked him when he said he would trade places with a female contestant (i guess neha, when they both were in the bottom three) who was voted out. I really liked the fact that he advised sandeep to not sing in amitabh bachchan style. i really like him when he felt genuninely bad that panna was being voted out. i really liked him when he came up the stage again and performed aamirs step so innocently and shyly. i really really admired him when he accepted that he had a problem singing RDB and Satrangi Re. How can I not like him when I admire him so much as a person? He has more personality and depth than any singer on II2.
cheers
Pragati

I think you are refering me.... I am Purva and not Payal Smile

But seriously... by saying all this you confused me further

see this post by you... it says you have a very different opinion about Amey

pragatimanoj
Groupie

: 200 Posted: March 12 2006 at 2:21pm | IP Logged     

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

I totally agree with ankita. i don't know why amey is getting so much of hype. he does not deserve this much of hype. If he sings well i can understand all the glorification but he does not. he is getting votes through big advertisments through his school principal. agreed it is a democrraic country and people can vote for the one that they want. but hello someone should tell these people that we need to have a good representative.
cheers
pragati

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
This one too Purva:

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 5:55pm

Quote pragatimanoj

Sonuji does not hate any singer. He sings zegazillion times better than Amey Date. He does not praise Amey that much becoase amey has limitations as far as his singing is concerned. Karunya is not bound by any limitations. And that is why i say even if amey wins this contest on the basis of people who do not realise karunya's worth, it does not matter, because Karunya is the ultimate winner.
cheers
Pragati
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purva

Originally posted by pragatimanoj

There is no confusion at all Payal! I think amey has a very likeable personality! I really liked him the day he was voted out because I got to see the other side of him, asking his mom and friends to calm down in marathi. I really liked him when he said he would trade places with a female contestant (i guess neha, when they both were in the bottom three) who was voted out. I really liked the fact that he advised sandeep to not sing in amitabh bachchan style. i really like him when he felt genuninely bad that panna was being voted out. i really liked him when he came up the stage again and performed aamirs step so innocently and shyly. i really really admired him when he accepted that he had a problem singing RDB and Satrangi Re. How can I not like him when I admire him so much as a person? He has more personality and depth than any singer on II2.
cheers
Pragati

I think you are refering me.... I am Purva and not Payal Smile

But seriously... by saying all this you confused me further

see this post by you... it says you have a very different opinion about Amey

pragatimanoj
Groupie

: 200 Posted: March 12 2006 at 2:21pm | IP Logged     

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

I totally agree with ankita. i don't know why amey is getting so much of hype. he does not deserve this much of hype. If he sings well i can understand all the glorification but he does not. he is getting votes through big advertisments through his school principal. agreed it is a democrraic country and people can vote for the one that they want. but hello someone should tell these people that we need to have a good representative.
cheers
pragati

Sorry Purva, for addressing you as Payal.   Even in the above mentioned post, I did not state that I like Amey for his singing!  I said i like amey for the little things he has done in II2.  Nobody in Indian Idol 2 has cared so much for other contestants as Amey Date.  I might not be a big fan of amey date singing wise which i have made very clear in my previous post, but I do like amey date for what he is and what he stands for. He is a good natured guy which is more important than being a good singer  anyday!
cheers
pragati
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonyaee

This one too Purva:

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 5:55pm

Quote pragatimanoj

Sonuji does not hate any singer. He sings zegazillion times better than Amey Date. He does not praise Amey that much becoase amey has limitations as far as his singing is concerned. Karunya is not bound by any limitations. And that is why i say even if amey wins this contest on the basis of people who do not realise karunya's worth, it does not matter, because Karunya is the ultimate winner.
cheers
Pragati

........and i stand by it today also.  Karunya is the best singer on II2 and even if he does not win this competition which I have said time and again, he will definately go ahead be a great singer in the history of  indian music.
cheers
pragati
purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Pragati... one more post by you says that Amey is the best performer among all the 4 guys and you were looking forward to see a good competition between Amey and KArunya... if Amey is not a good singer according to you then why you wanted him to compete against Karunya?? This means you are judging them by wrong criteria na.... you like Amey for everything except singing.. that's why you wanted Karu to compete against him???

I am still confused Pragati...

pragatimanoj
Groupie

: 200 Posted: March 14 2006 at 5:28pm | IP Logged     

Guys,
Enogh of this. Control yourselves. The judges behaved immaturely by staging a walk out etc. It is a copmtetition set by rules. You have to abide by the rules. You cannot just say things like this is unjustice done by people. People are given the right to vote and they voted for who ever was thier favourite contestant. Judges simply cannot force thier opinion on the junta. So many fav. were constantly voted out then they did not do all that drama. If the judges know who the best singer is then why don't they end the show and crown either Amey or Karunya as the winner. Why do all this drama on television and garner TRPs.
It is sad that Amey got voted out. I was looking for a good comp. between amey and karunya. Amey is the best performer among all the 4 guys. He is very mature and a caring guy. He knows what is the right thing to do. He will definately shine in his career. But the reality is that this is a game show and if the judges don't like the rules of this show then they can resign. we can have other judges to judge the comp. Anuj, poor thing. Stop bashing him. It was not his fault that people liked him over Anuj. It was the judges who called him back. They kept harrassing him by calling him besura or whatever. Stop blaming Anuj. He is a good singer in himself.
Come on guys, cheer up. It is not nice to see all of you so depressed. It is so much of fun when everybody is happy and pulling each others legs and running after each others life if something bad is told about their fav. contestants. Amey fans, please cheer up. It is not nice to see you guys depressed.
cheers
Pragati
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Purva, I don't like Amey for his singing abilities, but I see so much of hype surrounding him, that emphasises the fact that others like him for his singing or personality or whatever they find good in him. Technically eventhough karunya is a better singer, Amey was a favourite. And so wouldnt it be a delight to see a competition between talent and popularity and see what wins? I would have anyday loved to see such a competition.
cheers
pragati

Edited by pragatimanoj - 17 March 2006 at 3:50pm
shajjo Senior Member
shajjo
shajjo

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Pragati Ji,

After much deliberation i have found your feeling towards a MUCH talented Amey Date to be quite CONFUSING and CONTRADICTING. Below is a compilation of some of your quotes:

This is how it starts

"....if they thought that Amey was to be in the top 2 then why go through the entire drama of eliminating 10 contestants. they should have just not let Amey compete in the competition. if he is being voted out then accept the result. It is not that Amey is not an undiscovered talent. Amey was discovered long ago SaReGaMa, but no one music director saw it fit to hir him as a playbacksinger and he was a chorous singer! It is not that he was not surrounded by music directors and other artists. Sonu Nigam himself has said that he has shook hands with amey when he was a chorous singer. If sonu nigam was so confident of amey's singing then why did he not recommend him to other directors."

" Amey Date is not an exceptionally gifted singer and this is proved by the fact that eventhough he was discovered in SRGMP, nothing much was happening in his career front. People did not vote for him because most of the people did not approve of the way he sang. Why would people waste thier money and vote for someone they did not like? Just because Amey Date is popular in Mumbai, it does not mean he is popular throughout India. People throughout the country like Anuj and Sandeep too. Just because we have biased judges on the show it does not mean that the public is wrong in ousting Amey Date. Why wasnt Amey Date selected the winner in SRGMP where it was the judges who called the shots. Why didnt sonu nigam stand against the judges then and say that he dos not agree with them at that time. Because something was lacking in him." Confused My goodness Pragati Ji....Do you have soemthing Personal against this guy? Confused

"Anuj is definately more talented than amey in the eyes of the people who paid and voted for him." Dead Ok this was quite undigestable Dead

"I think amey has a very likeable personality! I really liked him the day he was voted out because I got to see the other side of him, asking his mom and friends to calm down in marathi. I really liked him when he said he would trade places with a female contestant (i guess neha, when they both were in the bottom three) who was voted out. I really liked the fact that he advised sandeep to not sing in amitabh bachchan style. i really like him when he felt genuninely bad that panna was being voted out. i really liked him when he came up the stage again and performed aamirs step so innocently and shyly. i really really admired him when he accepted that he had a problem singing RDB and Satrangi Re. How can I not like him when I admire him so much as a person? He has more personality and depth than any singer on II2."..... Clap Here you go again...... LOL

"i don't know why amey is getting so much of hype. he does not deserve this much of hype. If he sings well i can understand all the glorification but he does not. he is getting votes through big advertisments through his school principal. Wacko (Does his Principal largely controls SO many people who vote for Amey?...Must say what an influential guy.. Clap ..) agreed it is a democrraic country and people can vote for the one that they want. but hello someone should tell these people that we need to have a good representative." Confused You keep contradicting your self Confused

"Sonuji does not hate any singer. He sings zegazillion times better than Amey Date. He does not praise Amey that much becoase amey has limitations as far as his singing is concerned."..... Wink I guess then he wouldnt have told him time and again that he sees him as one of the top 2 finalists Wink

"I did not state that I like Amey for his singing! I said i like amey for the little things he has done in II2. Nobody in Indian Idol 2 has cared so much for other contestants as Amey Date. I might not be a big fan of amey date singing wise which i have made very clear in my previous post, but I do like amey date for what he is and what he stands for. He is a good natured guy which is more important than being a good singer anyday!" Wacko HUH??????? Wacko

"It is sad that Amey got voted out. I was looking for a good comp. between amey and karunya. Amey is the best performer among all the 4 guys. He is very mature and a caring guy. He knows what is the right thing to do. He will definately shine in his career" ........ LOL How will he shine in his career if he (as you say) is not a good singer...because his career is singing????? LOL

And this is how it ends /\........You have said it all here..He will shine in his career. You should make up your mind and clear your thoughts about Amey Date.
pragatimanoj Groupbie
pragatimanoj
pragatimanoj

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
1)
I have been consistently stating that amey is not good singer according to me, but according to so many others he is. Others like his singing so he will definatley shine in his career because there are so many people who would be willing to buy him his cd. I am not one among them however. I don't even like Himesh Reshamiya's singing so does that mean he is not popular! He is and there are people who are willing to buy his musical album. Good for them.

2)
I have constantly stated that amey is a good natured guy and has his mind in place, and such a person will definately do well.

3)
Face it guys, Amey was voted out because on that fateful day Anuj was more popular than amey as he had received more number of votes than amey.

4)
About the School principal thing, it was very obnoxious for a school principal to campaign for a singer in II2, and so I was expressing my views.

5)
It was ver very immature for the II judges to do all the drama they did that day.   I stand by what i said, that if they liked amey so much why didnt they just put him in the toop 2 and prevent him from competing at all. If Amey is competing then there is a chance that he will be voted out and if he is voted out dont create such a big scene.

6)
Sonu nigam is a good singer and he can see the limitations in Amey and so when amey chooses songs that are not in his range, Sonuji does not see it fit to praise him.

Hope I have made my self clear.
cheers
Pragati

Go to top