coolsaints11 Senior Member
coolsaints11
coolsaints11

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhsurti

Originally posted by coolsaints11

Originally posted by Qwest

Originally posted by coolsaints11

I think All India Radio is just fabolous...at least in the old days...Reading through all the posts about various singers and songs is bringing back all the nostalgic memories of the past...I am not sure what is the current trend in India...Do people still watch All India radio...Vividh Bharti ..All India Radio ki Urdu Badayan....etc...It use to be so fun listening to those radio channels...CryCryCry

or have Television taken over the radio channels...or people still love those wonderful radio programs...There are soo many songs on this site which we use to listen on radio and never worried about creating a collection of our own..All India Radio was my collection Big smile which is perhaps the biggest collection one can ever get...Is it possible to get All India Radio here in USA???Confused

Man what a brilliant Idea!!!!!!!!

But I do listen to it rgularly I have to depend on it for trafic otherwise if you stuck then you know. Why it is so Important to listen to Radio.

First All India Radio has probably the biggest collection...Second You can listen it in your car...I know you can listen to your audio tapes but that is not the same as listening to farmaishe geet....where they tell you who put "farmaish" for this song..it is like live and livelyBig smileThere use to be one Buta Ram who use to figure in each and every farmaishe song back in India......I think it is more fun..Big smile I know it is not available in USA..I use to live in California ..there we use to have Radio programs..live 24 hours...this lady with last name sharma use to be mainly conducting the programs...but that was mainly punjabi programs..I am sure there must be Hindi Radio 24 hour live programs in USA..

When we were kids, I remember there used to be at least one farmaish from "Jhumritalaiya" in every song. The name of the place sounded so lilting to the ears, kind of lyrical/musical name. If one had to go by the farmaish list, one would think that people in Jhumritalaiya had no other business except to make a farmaish and listen to radio. How I envied them then...

LOL

I am recalling this name... jhumritalayia ...wow......This  Buta ram was probably working and putting farmaish in each and every programBig smile..what a multi tasking people were they...

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by juggyE

Anyone remembers "Metro ke rangeen muqaddame" (Raja Mandabuddhi Singh/Mantri Nainjyoti Singh)... ???

I remember S Kumar's ka Filmi Muqaddama, and one sponsored by Modi tyres (Modi ke Matwale Rahi or something like that). Bournvita Quiz contest in which yours truly participated and won Embarrassed, Bhooley Bisrey Geet, and all the film promos on Sunday!

I think we should name this forum Nostalgia Trip!

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialbuff

Anyone remembers "Metro ke rangeen muqaddame" (Raja Mandabuddhi Singh/Mantri Nainjyoti Singh)... ???

I remember S Kumar's ka Filmi Muqaddama, and one sponsored by Modi tyres (Modi ke Matwale Rahi or something like that). Bournvita Quiz contest in which yours truly participated and won Embarrassed, Bhooley Bisrey Geet, and all the film promos on Sunday!

Raja Mandabuddhi Singh (in Metro ke rangeen muqaddame) used to start every program with "he he he he"...

Modi ke Matwale Rahi - was it the same one where there were 2 guys, lallu and ballu (or am I confusing it with some other program)...

Jhumritalaiya indeed became popular with Binaca Geetmala...

Bournvita quiz contest used to come on Sunday's, correct? I participated too and, of course, lost in some earlier round. All I have to show for that effort is 2 yearbooks from Cadbury's. Which school were you from?

ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
All I can recall about AIR is the signature instrumental music and Ameen Sayani's dramatic voice!

I have spent several mornings listening to the lovely collection of old songs and the long list of farmaish from "pappu, guddi, babli aur unke sabhi saathi" in Ameen's voice!!

I too am feeling nostalgic now.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Subah-Subah after waking-up nothing like listening to radio and similarly while going to bed I have radio switched on near my pillow. Radio sune bagair mein so nahin sakta hoon, ghar mein sab bolte hai ki Radio band karke so jaya kar. LOL
coolsaints11
coolsaints11

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummm

All I can recall about AIR is the signature instrumental music and Ameen Sayani's dramatic voice!

I have spent several mornings listening to the lovely collection of old songs and the long list of farmaish from "pappu, guddi, babli aur unke sabhi saathi" in Ameen's voice!!

I too am feeling nostalgic now.
Big smileBig smile
coolsaints11
coolsaints11

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=SolidSnake]Subah-Subah after waking-up nothing like listening to radio and similarly while going to bed I have radio switched on near my pillow. Radio sune bagair mein so nahin sakta hoon, ghar mein sab bolte hai ki Radio band karke so jaya kar. LOL [/QUOTE

LOLLOLLOL

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by serialbuff

Raja Mandabuddhi Singh (in Metro ke rangeen muqaddame) used to start every program with "he he he he"...

Modi ke Matwale Rahi - was it the same one where there were 2 guys, lallu and ballu (or am I confusing it with some other program)...

Jhumritalaiya indeed became popular with Binaca Geetmala...

Bournvita quiz contest used to come on Sunday's, correct? I participated too and, of course, lost in some earlier round. All I have to show for that effort is 2 yearbooks from Cadbury's. Which school were you from?

I remember Raja Mandbuddhi Singh now!Smile And yes, it was Lallu and Ballu, the driver-cleaner duo who would solve crimes.

Go to top