coolsaints11 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I think All India Radio is just fabolous...at least in the old days...Reading through all the posts about various singers and songs is bringing back all the nostalgic memories of the past...I am not sure what is the current trend in India...Do people still watch All India radio...Vividh Bharti ..All India Radio ki Urdu Badayan....etc...It use to be so fun listening to those radio channels...😭😭😭

or have Television taken over the radio channels...or people still love those wonderful radio programs...There are soo many songs on this site which we use to listen on radio and never worried about creating a collection of our own..All India Radio was my collection πŸ˜ƒ which is perhaps the biggest collection one can ever get...Is it possible to get All India Radio here in USA???πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

X-rebel thumbnail
Originally posted by: coolsaints11

I think All India Radio is just fabolous...at least in the old days...Reading through all the posts about various singers and songs is bringing back all the nostalgic memories of the past...I am not sure what is the current trend in India...Do people still watch All India radio...Vividh Bharti ..All India Radio ki Urdu Badayan....etc...It use to be so fun listening to those radio channels...😭😭😭

or have Television taken over the radio channels...or people still love those wonderful radio programs...There are soo many songs on this site which we use to listen on radio and never worried about creating a collection of our own..All India Radio was my collection πŸ˜ƒ which is perhaps the biggest collection one can ever get...Is it possible to get All India Radio here in USA???πŸ˜•

I still listen it rarely.

Qwest thumbnail

Man what a brilliant Idea!!!!!!!!

But I do listen to it rgularly I have to depend on it for trafic otherwise if you stuck then you know. Why it is so Important to listen to Radio.

coolsaints11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Qwest

Man what a brilliant Idea!!!!!!!!

But I do listen to it rgularly I have to depend on it for trafic otherwise if you stuck then you know. Why it is so Important to listen to Radio.

First All India Radio has probably the biggest collection...Second You can listen it in your car...I know you can listen to your audio tapes but that is not the same as listening to farmaishe geet....where they tell you who put "farmaish" for this song..it is like live and livelyπŸ˜ƒThere use to be one Buta Ram who use to figure in each and every farmaishe song back in India......I think it is more fun..πŸ˜ƒ I know it is not available in USA..I use to live in California ..there we use to have Radio programs..live 24 hours...this lady with last name sharma use to be mainly conducting the programs...but that was mainly punjabi programs..I am sure there must be Hindi Radio 24 hour live programs in USA..
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sangeet Sarita used to be my favourite programme in Vividh Bharati. In fact, whatever knowledge in Hindustani classical I have has come from Sangeet Sarita. What a lovely programme it was! My favourire recollection is the series which was done by Shiv Kumar Sharma. Wish I had recorded it. He analysed so many songs for their ragas, moods, orchestration etc.
jhsurti thumbnail
Originally posted by: punjini

Sangeet Sarita used to be my favourite programme in Vividh Bharati. In fact, whatever knowledge in Hindustani classical I have has come from Sangeet Sarita. What a lovely programme it was! My favourire recollection is the series which was done by Shiv Kumar Sharma. Wish I had recorded it. He analysed so many songs for their ragas, moods, orchestration etc.

Sangit Sarita is still going strong. I listen to it whenever it is convenient. It is one of my fav. prgrams.

juggyE thumbnail
Anyone remembers "Metro ke rangeen muqaddame" (Raja Mandabuddhi Singh/Mantri Nainjyoti Singh)... ???
jhsurti thumbnail

First All India Radio has probably the biggest collection...Second You can listen it in your car...I know you can listen to your audio tapes but that is not the same as listening to farmaishe geet....where they tell you who put "farmaish" for this song..it is like live and livelyπŸ˜ƒThere use to be one Buta Ram who use to figure in each and every farmaishe song back in India......I think it is more fun..πŸ˜ƒ I know it is not available in USA..I use to live in California ..there we use to have Radio programs..live 24 hours...this lady with last name sharma use to be mainly conducting the programs...but that was mainly punjabi programs..I am sure there must be Hindi Radio 24 hour live programs in USA..

When we were kids, I remember there used to be at least one farmaish from "Jhumritalaiya" in every song. The name of the place sounded so lilting to the ears, kind of lyrical/musical name. If one had to go by the farmaish list, one would think that people in Jhumritalaiya had no other business except to make a farmaish and listen to radio. How I envied them then...

coolsaints11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jhsurti

When we were kids, I remember there used to be at least one farmaish from "Jhumritalaiya" in every song. The name of the place sounded so lilting to the ears, kind of lyrical/musical name. If one had to go by the farmaish list, one would think that people in Jhumritalaiya had no other business except to make a farmaish and listen to radio. How I envied them then...

πŸ˜†

I am recalling this name... jhumritalayia ...wow......This  Buta ram was probably working and putting farmaish in each and every programπŸ˜ƒ..what a multi tasking people were they...

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: juggyE

Anyone remembers "Metro ke rangeen muqaddame" (Raja Mandabuddhi Singh/Mantri Nainjyoti Singh)... ???

I remember S Kumar's ka Filmi Muqaddama, and one sponsored by Modi tyres (Modi ke Matwale Rahi or something like that). Bournvita Quiz contest in which yours truly participated and won 😳, Bhooley Bisrey Geet, and all the film promos on Sunday!

I think we should name this forum Nostalgia Trip!