juggyE

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
For Vidyaah ji...
Clap

vidyaah Groupbie
vidyaah
vidyaah

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
u guys are embarassing me! ARR is one of my fav composers and this is abt Non hindi songs..i cant let this pass.

BTW...Did anyone hear the sax piece in Duet?? Did u like the carnatic base in Sax?
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Clap   Vidyaa....

Keep them coming. Its nice to see the diversity in our music. Kandukonden is another of my favourite.

I like Illayaraja too. Very classical and nice. Dont hear him too much these days, but some of his older works are pure magic. One which refuses to go out of memory is the Nilave Vaa from Mouna Ragam (Mani Ratnam's first movie)
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Great job here.
vidyaah Groupbie
vidyaah
vidyaah

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Hey Priya...fyi, Maniratnam's first movie is Pagal Nilavu. Mouna ragam is one of his later movies. Yes, Nilave Vaa is a beautiful song.
Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Anolda,

About A R Rehman, I have a different observation to make.. first of all let me acknowledge that he is THE MOST BRILLIANT music director of today..and the best since RD Burman..but whenever I listen to his music, I have a strange feeling.. I feel, the body of his music is Indian Classical, but the soul is of Western Classical Chember Music (mainly symphony orchestra)..at its heart, it has western classical harmonic structure, point-counterpoint movements..this is the only reason he is not as close to my heart as SD Burman, OP Nayyar,Naushad or RDB (Panchamda's music has Indian Classical at its core, no matter how wetsern the body is).. but this also makes ARR an unique genius in our musical arena..

His only album where I didn't feel that I was listening to Western Chember Music in Indian guise was Lagaan.. it's my most favourite album of Rehman.. 

Third point, he is the only music director ever in Hindi cinema who actually creates a proper movie soundtrack with background scores and situational music rather than a stnad alone musical album.. his work in Yuva and RDB was awesome from that aspect..

Edited by Mishtimoni - 16 March 2006 at 10:21pm
vinayaktyagi Goldie
vinayaktyagi
vinayaktyagi

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Has anyone heard the songs of film MUTHU.
I think they r fantastic.
What do u say?
soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mishtimoni

Anolda,

About A R Rehman, I have a different observation to make.. first of all let me acknowledge that he is THE MOST BRILLIANT music director of today..and the best since RD Burman..but whenever I listen to his music, I have a strange feeling.. I feel, the body of his music is Indian Classical, but the soul is of Western Classical Chember Music (mainly symphony orchestra)..at its heart, it has western classical harmonic structure, point-counterpoint movements..this is the only reason he is not as close to my heart as SD Burman, OP Nayyar,Naushad or RDB (Panchamda's music has Indian Classical at its core, no matter how wetsern the body is).. but this also makes ARR an unique genius in our musical arena..

His only album where I didn't feel that I was listening to Western Chember Music in Indian guise was Lagaan.. it's my most favourite album of Rehman.. 

Third point, he is the only music director ever in Hindi cinema who actually creates a proper movie soundtrack with background scores and situational music rather than a stnad alone musical album.. his work in Yuva and RDB was awesome from that aspect..

Misti – I agree with you, but at the same time –

First I am not an expert on music – whatever touches my soul I call it music – from Elton John to Debabrata Biswas. Smile

Second - Western influence is not always bad thing -isn't it? Many Rabindrasangeet are also directly influenced by western music structure / composition

Go to top