teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Thanks alot soulsoup. I will PM U on questions. thanks

fairdog Senior Member
fairdog
fairdog

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:29pm | IP Logged

Clap Clap Clap vidyaah... good analysis...

waiting for more....please continue...

Edited by fairdog - 16 March 2006 at 8:32pm
soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidyaah

Hello....
My fav topic..cldnt stop but chip in!

What i like personally abt ARR is that he is an excellent background scorer, he composes music, not only songs.

Some of his besttttt works have been in tamil. He started out as dilip..thts his original name and the buzz is that a hit background score from Illayaraja from the mve punnagai mannan has been done by ARR.

Now, for his tamil songs. I thk we dont have much tamilians ard here..So i havent noticed any of his really good songs.

Iam going to seperate and talk abt ARR before 2000 and after 2000...I dont want to miss some of his real good works. If this post gets really long, do send me a pm and i wl stop it.

Thiruda Thiruda is one of his earlier movies..its come out in hindi as chor chor..Theres this song in the mve..

Chandralekha.- Koncham Nilavu. ONE OF THE BEST SONGS I HAVE HEARD TILL DATE! The use of beats is amazing. you dont see much ragas flowing thru, but the music transports you. Now Thats Rock...not what himmy gives.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5473/music _director.1357/

Too much is said abt Roja..So i let it pass. But i do love all the songs in Roja...Esp Yeh Hassen Vadhiyan. Thats a pure raga based song...There are no raag mixups too...Any guesses on the raag?

There is this another tamil mve called DUET. Movie wasnt great, but didnt ARR score? It was beautiful. I have never heard Sax used in a carnatic base tune before! Iam sure Abhi and Sinha saab wld love this.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4345/music _director.1357/

Listen to Sax theme Sad. I personally like Mettu podu, another song in the mve. Mettu podu is based on Ragam Anandha bhairavi. Anandha Bhairavi creates Joy in the hearts of people whatever mood u r in. This songs does it to me always.

Then there was En Swasa katre. I thk some songs were copied in hindi by rehman himself.But Theendai song wasnt copied and i like it the best. You should listen to SPB dancing over high pitches like a breeze.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4390/music _director.1357/

Song - Theendai

Indira - I thk the movie came in hindi too. Am not sure.
Theres this song in Hameer Kalyani( you can hear kedar too sometimes). Its a beautiful composition sung more beautifully by harini.
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4477/music _director.1357/

The song is Nila Kaikirathu - harini.

Just wanted to add this in between. For all those who are looking for ragas in songs..Please dont get stuck with the swarams in the ragams and compare ragams based on swarams. Ragams have swaram and swaroopam( dont know the hindustani equivalent...sorry) Shankarabharanam can be sung without Madhyamam and still sound like Shankarabharanam and not Kalyani..even though the MA is missing.

Iruvar - Listen to the song Narumugaiye and we can remember the good old days. Its such a beautiful song and am sure even non-carnatic lovers wld love this song.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4493/music _director.1357/

The song is Narumugaiye.

Mudhalvan - This is the tamil mve from which Nayak was remade. Now...Theres this amazing song in Rethigowlam which was not heard in hindi- sad for hindi listeners.

This is the song- Rethigowlai follows the pattern of mayamalawa gowlam.. I love rethigowlai so much..so this info..

Reethigowlai is the janyam of Karaharapriya (22nd melam). It is a vakra ragam and hence with a convoluted arohanam and avarohanam. Sa Ga2 Ri2 Ga2 Ma1 Ni2 Da2 Ma1 Ni2 Ni2 Sa; Sa Ni2 Da2 Ma1 Ga2 Ma1 Pa Ma1 Ga2 Ri2 Sa. Its raga lakshanam is so unique that it gets imprinted in our mind easily. Beginners in carnatic music identify Reethigowlai rather facilely and this gives great encouragement to venture into learning other ragas. In this song ARR presents the ragalakshanam excellently in a very concise 4 minute form.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4784/music _director.1357/

The song is Azhagana rakshashiye ( Means Oh Beautiful Rakshashi)

Ok..I can go on non stop...but i dont want to test other's patience here. Do let me know if you want to hear more. If not PM me regarding any other song and we can talk.

If not...i wl continue post 2000 songs in the next post. :)

Clap

Great going vidyaah ji - please continue...please...please Tongue

sreejan Senior Member
sreejan
sreejan

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
i love ARR's music ....he simply creates magic with his music ......i love all of his songs if i have to pick one i will say "kandukonden kandukonden" and ofcourse "kannathil muthamittal"

listen to kandukonden kandukonden

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4647/music _director.1357/

I love all of them Bombay,Thiruda thiruda,thenali,minsara kanavugal.gentleman....cannot list all his movies now so will stop here. Smile
sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Rahman's Saathiya in Tamil/Telugu is just beautiful....

i loved saathiya and ya i will be very much interested in ARR non-hindi works!!! cant wait please PM me soulsoup ji...
fairdog Senior Member
fairdog
fairdog

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sreejan

i love ARR's music ....he simply creates magic with his music ......i love all of his songs if i have to pick one i will say "kandukonden kandukonden" and ofcourse "kannathil muthamittal"

listen to kandukonden kandukonden

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4647/music _director.1357/

I love all of them Bombay,Thiruda thiruda,thenali,minsara kanavugal.gentleman....cannot list all his movies now so will stop here. Smile

sreejan,

Don't stop please......please give more....

cheers.

arun_8687 Goldie
arun_8687
arun_8687

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Kandukondein was probly the best track composed by ARR.
Infact all the songs in that album were just awesome.
I'll try to get them for ya
fairdog Senior Member
fairdog
fairdog

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweety001

Originally posted by madhavir108

Rahman's Saathiya in Tamil/Telugu is just beautiful....

i loved saathiya and ya i will be very much interested in ARR non-hindi works!!! cant wait please PM me soulsoup ji...

yep....

in another thread, was discussing with Arun and soulsoup about the flute interlude in the title song....it was simply mindblowing....

Understand that the name of the flutist is 'Naveen Kumar'

Edited by fairdog - 16 March 2006 at 8:53pm

Go to top