A R Rahman : Non-Hindi works - Page 12

Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by arun_8687

Fairdog Ji,I'll get u that 😊

Oh thank you...

soulsoup, Arun, abhi and all...

It is 6pm now and TGIF....leaving home now...

thanks for all the fun....

perhaps this thread and the other one created by Arun are the best performing ones today 😆

see you all on Monday....cheers....have a nice weekend...

arun sending you my email address...
Hi all

Oh I'm so late on this topic....my fav MD....vidyaah ji shared almost all my fav....I'm a Telugu but I probably hear more Tamil than Telugu....I just love Kandukondein, Iruvar,Indira, Kannatthil Muttamittal, Alaipayuthey.

A special mention shud go to...
DUET - Anjali Anjali....the humming in between by Chitra is just fantabulous....there is also a En Kadhalae...I luv this song...u shud hear this
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000042.html also the lyrics in En Kadhalae...

In all his movies atleast there r two songs which r worth buying the CD
In Boys - Enoo Eno ondru(I guess sung by Karthik n Gopika Poornima)
Baba - Taayum neeye or Sakthi Kodu)
Jodi - almost all good songs
Kadal Virus - I luv Sonnaalum Keppadillai
Love Birds - Malazhgale

and the list goes on n on....
Harris Jayaraj shows a great influence of Rehman in movies like Kaakka Kaakka, Minnalae and Anniyan...
And also I luv the way AR Rehman acknowledges his instrumentalists on CD/cassette covers....in case of any special pieces in songs, he makes sure the company prints the credits.Also the way he introduces new singers...there r so so many of them who have been introduced by him n r flourishing now....atleast the ones who came into light after singing for him wud be Harini,Karthik,Srinivas,Ganga,Chinmayi,Tippu and lots more.

He also asks the music company to print the name of chorus singers on covers...I had seen the practise only with Rehman for the first time...not sure if anyone else also did that....
Originally posted by luvmusic

And also I luv the way AR Rehman acknowledges his instrumentalists on CD/cassette covers....in case of any special pieces in songs, he makes sure the company prints the credits.Also the way he introduces new singers...there r so so many of them who have been introduced by him n r flourishing now....atleast the ones who came into light after singing for him wud be Harini,Karthik,Srinivas,Ganga,Chinmayi,Tippu and lots more.

He also asks the music company to print the name of chorus singers on covers...I had seen the practise only with Rehman for the first time...not sure if anyone else also did that....

👏
arun ji, I've been living outside for so long now that its not even funny!! my telugu is really bad.. i spoke to a friend of mine in telugu recently..he was like dont even try !!

as for tamil/telugu music.. i am sure tamil sounds best coz its original..but often u appreciate the song more because of lyrics..they sound gorgeous in tamil but when i hear them in telugu or hindi they make more sense.. sum1 mentioned harris jayraj.. he sounds like a rahman clone !! i still cant believe that Rahman DIDN'T give music for RHTDM or Anniyan..

on a side note.. i thought anniyan/aparichitudu was one of hte best movies to hit indian cinema off late...
Sorry missed this one. Read first 5 pages, don't know if anyone mentioned 'Sangamam' (Tamil) Some good classical numbers like 'Varaga Nadhi karai' by Shankar Mahadevan. , and 'Sowkiyamaa' by NithyaShree

I also found the instruments to be more traditional, rather than the techno-sounds. Definately a little different for ARR.
Edited by ab_srgmp - 18 years ago
Ok guys - here goes one song by ARR from the upcoming tamil movie : Godfather.

Download it from : http://www.savefile.com/files/1546248
Originally posted by soulsoup

Ok guys - here goes one song by ARR from the upcoming tamil movie : Godfather.

Download it from : http://www.savefile.com/files/1546248

thanks soul soup. Hey I need links will let U know ok pal.
Soulsoup ji,Wat song is that?
There's a song called "Kaatril" by SPB n Sadhna Sargam
Pretty Good compostion