Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: soulsoup

Anyone remember Minmini of 'Dil hei chotasa' - anyone knows what she is doing now?

No.  But I much prefer the Tamil version of the song.  Somehow, all the songs, be it Roja or Bombay, the Hindi lyrics did not do justice to the original lyrics.

Maybe someone can post those lyrics here for the benefit of non Tamil members, with translation maybe.
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Wow, nice thread.. i had posted one line thinking this will die, but I guess the word A R Rahman draws me to it..

Sum1 mentioned before that 'madhavi is telugu', if referred to me,yes me telugu..but unfortunately, I've been brought up on a diet of Hindi music.

Most of Rahman's work i heard is in Hindi or Tamil but yes, the beauty that comes in Tamil doesnt come out in any language!! Even though I dont understand the singer, it sounds gorgeous in Tamil..

The title track from Saathiya - Tamil is gorgeos..absolutely divine..the hindi one seems weird in front of tat !!

Rahman is the BEST music director we have in this era..his music from Roja, Bombay, Dil Se, Saathiya was just phenomenal..

In the initial days Rahman was critized for bringing too much of South Indian flavour into his music..he shut those critics with Taal and Lagaan..

Personally, best of Rahman's work (its in hindi) is The Legend of Bhagat Singh..whenever I hear Sarfaroshi Ki Tammana, I feel like goin back to India !!

After that it HAS to be Swades and RDB...

That man is crazyyyy... cant awit to go n watch the Lord of the Rings musical to see what magic he has whisked in that !!
arun_8687 thumbnail
I still beleive ARR has done better work in Tamil.

Kandukondaen-2,Alaipayuthey are perfect examples 😃
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Ofcourse !!

I told before also.. I just cant appreciate it because I dont understand the language..

But I must say, I thought Roja was beautiful in Telugu and Saathiya was better in Tamil !
greatmaratha thumbnail
All the songs of Alaipayuthey are fantastic.
greatmaratha thumbnail
I havent heard Roja in Telugu, but Roja in Tamil is beautiful. Kadhal Rojave... sounded so soulful and the hindi one did not do as much justice to the emotions as the Tamil one did.

arun_8687 thumbnail
fairdog garu,mee peru cheppandi 😉
Calling u by Fairdog soundz odd 😆
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Originally posted by: arun_8687

fairdog garu,mee peru cheppandi 😉
Calling u by Fairdog soundz odd 😆

Thats telugu only na ?!
arun_8687 thumbnail
Yeah Madhavi..Adi 100% Telugu 😃
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
chala rojulu ai indi telugu inni (gosh that sounded so bad !!)