Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vidyaah thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Talking of Kandukondein kandukondein.....

Mostly all songs were so beautifully raga based.

Konjum Mainakale - This is based on Ragam Madhyamavathi. This is a pentatonic raga and is a veryyy beautiful song.

Kandukondein kandukondein - This is based on Ragam Nalinakanthi..One of my fav ragams. The genius of ARR is well noted in this song. This is not the pure ragam - It has R1 and D2 as additional swarams at places..well he has taken his cinematic liberties with the ragam.

Kannamoochi Yenada - This song takes the CAKE. It starts off with Natakurinji and tapers to Sahana. Both are beautiful ragams.

fairdog thumbnail
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

keep it going vidyaah....we are enjoying....
soulsoup thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vidyaah

Talking of Kandukondein kandukondein.....

Mostly all songs were so beautifully raga based.

Konjum Mainakale - This is based on Ragam Madhyamavathi. This is a pentatonic raga and is a veryyy beautiful song.

Kandukondein kandukondein - This is based on Ragam Nalinakanthi..One of my fav ragams. The genius of ARR is well noted in this song. This is not the pure ragam - It has R1 and D2 as additional swarams at places..well he has taken his cinematic liberties with the ragam.

Kannamoochi Yenada - This song takes the CAKE. It starts off with Natakurinji and tapers to Sahana. Both are beautiful ragams.

Vidya - YOU ARE JUST GREAT.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Abhi- where are you???
arun_8687 thumbnail
Thks Vidyaah for letting us know.
For all those who havnt heard the songs

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000227.html      πŸ‘πŸΌ

Soulsoup,Abhi is bzy composing tunes for his new project with Mani Ratnam πŸ˜‰
bangboy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: adwarakanath

ARR. Okay, I've heard the title tune of the Spirit of Unity Concert and liked it. Used to watch the concert a lot. Had to actually....family members...all the 8 of them wouldn't let us children put anything else on.

Loved Roja. Then came a spate of stupid songs like Humma, Telephone Dhun etc. 🀒 He went way too much techno.

But then he picked up and started using more classical base in his songs. Amazing rise. Rise and rise and rise. πŸ‘

But TU HI RE was composed during same timeπŸ˜›

soulsoup thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arun_8687

Thks Vidyaah for letting us know.
For all those who havnt heard the songs

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000227.html      πŸ‘πŸΌ

Soulsoup,Abhi is bzy composing tunes for his new project with Mani Ratnam πŸ˜‰

Thanks Arun πŸ‘πŸΌ
vidyaah thumbnail
u guys are embarassing me! ARR is one of my fav composers and this is abt Non hindi songs..i cant let this pass.

BTW...Did anyone hear the sax piece in Duet?? Did u like the carnatic base in Sax?
greatmaratha thumbnail
πŸ‘   Vidyaa....

Keep them coming. Its nice to see the diversity in our music. Kandukonden is another of my favourite.

I like Illayaraja too. Very classical and nice. Dont hear him too much these days, but some of his older works are pure magic. One which refuses to go out of memory is the Nilave Vaa from Mouna Ragam (Mani Ratnam's first movie)
vidyaah thumbnail
Hey Priya...fyi, Maniratnam's first movie is Pagal Nilavu. Mouna ragam is one of his later movies. Yes, Nilave Vaa is a beautiful song.