Debate Mansion

Is fake sympathy right? (Page 5)

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by Jatayu

All sympathy is fake. The only person we really care about is our own self. Hence, the expression of any sort of sympathy for anyone else is alwaya a total and undiluted fake.
don't think world is such a bad place!!! I feel that there are other category of people who care about others also Entire world is not a desert or sunny like Dubai.All the times humans need not feel deserted.Some times help and sympathy comes from unknown sources ,infact sympathy showers somuch we get irritated

The objective of a debate, my dear Mythili Kiran, is to be able to put forward a statement without passion or prejudice - be it in support or against the motion being debated - in such a way that the persons opposing understand and appreciate the logic and reasoning of the view.

The statement conveys nothing of what the debator (in this case, I) may personally feel.

That's how it's supposed to work, in theory at least.

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:26am | IP Logged

All sympathy is fake. The only person we really care about is our own self. Hence, the expression of any sort of sympathy for anyone else is alwaya a total and undiluted fake.
don't think world is such a bad place!!! I feel that there are other category of people who care about others also Entire world is not a desert or sunny like Dubai.All the times humans need not feel deserted.Some times help and sympathy comes from unknown sources , infact sympathy showers somuch we get irritated

The objective of a debate, my dear Mythili Kiran, is to be able to put forward a statement without passion or prejudice - be it in support or against the motion being debated - in such a way that the persons opposing understand and appreciate the logic and reasoning of the view.

The statement conveys nothing of what the debator (in this case, I) may personally feel.

That's how it's supposed to work, in theory at least.

Agree!

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Those Ouch are not sympathy-worthy but real tormenting scenarios ... My point is that if a stranger comes along and feels sympathy ...
A stranger can only pretend to be sympathetic ... so he (or she) would be faking it
why do u say that? he can genuinely FEEL BAD.why can't he?
How can a person who doesn't know you at all feel bad about something that happened to you. I suggest that what he does feel is pity, not sympathy.

Or, he sympathises with the situation, not with you.
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:32am | IP Logged
I think fake sympathy is absoltulty wrong. For one thing you are not only leing to that person but to yourself also. I agree that it shows manners, but what is more important manners or giving false hope to someone. If you genually feel that a person deserves sympthy, be symathetic but giving false hope to someone and pretending to be someone's frnd is totally wrong. You in a way are misguiding someone....
Pooja
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged

Those Ouch are not sympathy-worthy but real tormenting scenarios ... My point is that if a stranger comes along and feels sympathy ...
A stranger can only pretend to be sympathetic ... so he (or she) would be faking it
why do u say that?  he can genuinely FEEL BAD. why can't he? 
How can a person who doesn't know you at all feel bad about something that happened to you. I suggest that what he does feel is pity, not sympathy.

Or, he sympathises with the situation, not with you.

well when you put it that way.... I agree...

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Smile
And THIS definitely is spam ... no faking here ... MODERATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH ...

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#0000ff size=4>Uncle J! Its not spamming;Sowmyaa Di wanted to bring this topic in front page for the views of good new members like US.

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#0000ff size=4>

Thank you Mythilli. Yes, Jatayuji, I wanted to bring the gade murde back to life Embarrassed I sometimes don't have enough time to add my input to bring it back so just use smiley Wink
Gujji_babe Goldie
Gujji_babe
Gujji_babe

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Fake sympathy is wrong because it may give an impression to the other person that a hope is there when there isn't
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gujji_babe

Fake sympathy is wrong because it may give an impression to the other person that a hope is there when there isn't

my sentiments exactly...

Go to top