Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is fake sympathy right? (Page 5)

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Joined: 29 August 2005
Posts: 3132

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by Jatayu

All sympathy is fake. The only person we really care about is our own self. Hence, the expression of any sort of sympathy for anyone else is alwaya a total and undiluted fake.
don't think world is such a bad place!!! I feel that there are other category of people who care about others also Entire world is not a desert or sunny like Dubai.All the times humans need not feel deserted.Some times help and sympathy comes from unknown sources ,infact sympathy showers somuch we get irritated


The objective of a debate, my dear Mythili Kiran, is to be able to put forward a statement without passion or prejudice - be it in support or against the motion being debated - in such a way that the persons opposing understand and appreciate the logic and reasoning of the view.

The statement conveys nothing of what the debator (in this case, I) may personally feel.

That's how it's supposed to work, in theory at least.

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006
Posts: 3150

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by Jatayu

All sympathy is fake. The only person we really care about is our own self. Hence, the expression of any sort of sympathy for anyone else is alwaya a total and undiluted fake.
don't think world is such a bad place!!! I feel that there are other category of people who care about others also Entire world is not a desert or sunny like Dubai.All the times humans need not feel deserted.Some times help and sympathy comes from unknown sources , infact sympathy showers somuch we get irritated


The objective of a debate, my dear Mythili Kiran, is to be able to put forward a statement without passion or prejudice - be it in support or against the motion being debated - in such a way that the persons opposing understand and appreciate the logic and reasoning of the view.

The statement conveys nothing of what the debator (in this case, I) may personally feel.

That's how it's supposed to work, in theory at least.

Agree!

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Joined: 29 August 2005
Posts: 3132

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Those Ouch are not sympathy-worthy but real tormenting scenarios ... My point is that if a stranger comes along and feels sympathy ...
A stranger can only pretend to be sympathetic ... so he (or she) would be faking it
why do u say that? he can genuinely FEEL BAD.why can't he?
How can a person who doesn't know you at all feel bad about something that happened to you. I suggest that what he does feel is pity, not sympathy.

Or, he sympathises with the situation, not with you.
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Joined: 22 January 2005
Posts: 12751

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:32am | IP Logged
I think fake sympathy is absoltulty wrong. For one thing you are not only leing to that person but to yourself also. I agree that it shows manners, but what is more important manners or giving false hope to someone. If you genually feel that a person deserves sympthy, be symathetic but giving false hope to someone and pretending to be someone's frnd is totally wrong. You in a way are misguiding someone....
Pooja
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Joined: 19 October 2006
Posts: 31655

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Those Ouch are not sympathy-worthy but real tormenting scenarios ... My point is that if a stranger comes along and feels sympathy ...
A stranger can only pretend to be sympathetic ... so he (or she) would be faking it
why do u say that?  he can genuinely FEEL BAD. why can't he? 
How can a person who doesn't know you at all feel bad about something that happened to you. I suggest that what he does feel is pity, not sympathy.

Or, he sympathises with the situation, not with you.


well when you put it that way.... I agree...

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Joined: 23 August 2004
Posts: 3658

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Smile
And THIS definitely is spam ... no faking here ... MODERATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH ...


<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#0000ff size=4>Uncle J! Its not spamming;Sowmyaa Di wanted to bring this topic in front page for the views of good new members like US.


<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#0000ff size=4>



Thank you Mythilli. Yes, Jatayuji, I wanted to bring the gade murde back to life Embarrassed I sometimes don't have enough time to add my input to bring it back so just use smiley Wink
Gujji_babe Goldie
Gujji_babe
Gujji_babe

Joined: 07 November 2006
Posts: 1644

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Fake sympathy is wrong because it may give an impression to the other person that a hope is there when there isn't
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Joined: 19 October 2006
Posts: 31655

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gujji_babe

Fake sympathy is wrong because it may give an impression to the other person that a hope is there when there isn't


my sentiments exactly...

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Substance abusers and Sympathy hmm?

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: raj5000   Replies: 48   Views: 2762

raj5000 48 2762 28 January 2008 at 1:07pm by sareg
All the awards shows - fake?

2 3

Author: Athena90   Replies: 20   Views: 3233

Athena90 20 3233 21 March 2007 at 6:32pm by Sound
Fake accent - Hello this is Andrew...

2

Author: raj5000   Replies: 13   Views: 1600

raj5000 13 1600 02 March 2007 at 8:10pm by raj5000
Landing on moon was fake??????? find out

2 3 4

Author: SuperDuper01   Replies: 26   Views: 1988

SuperDuper01 26 1988 04 March 2006 at 6:39pm by an0nymous
fake or real?

2 3

Author: mkzara   Replies: 16   Views: 1239

mkzara 16 1239 18 January 2006 at 3:42pm by zhasan2

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index